RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: House kills resolution to impeach Trump - RightNation.US

House kills resolution to impeach Trump Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

House votes to kill Texas lawmaker’s Trump impeachment effort
Washington Post
Mike DeBonis
December 6, 2017

Republicans and most Democrats in the House banded together Friday to stop an attempt to impeach President Trump.

Rep. Al Green (D-Tex.) came to the House floor at 12:13 p.m. Wednesday to offer articles of impeachment under special House rules requiring a floor vote; he returned to the floor at 1:34 to force that vote. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) offered a motion to table the resolution, which was adopted on a 364 to 58 vote. All 58 lawmakers opposing the motion were Democrats, as were four others who voted present.

The top two House Democrats both voted to table the resolution after coming out against Green’s effort shortly before the House voted.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md.) issued a joint statement opposed Green’s push, though they stopped short of calling on Democrats to vote to kill it.

“Democrats are firmly focused on taking real, effective steps to improve the lives of hard-working Americans and defeating Republicans’ cruel barrage of attacks on the middle class,” they wrote, pointing to their opposition to the pending Republican tax bill while acknowledging that Trump has “made statements and taken actions that are beyond the pale for most Americans.”

Story

Maybe the Democrats should start doing something that at least makes sense.

#2 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

Bi-partisanship!

#3 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

Sorry not sorry, Al. You're going have to come up with something other than "Trump is a mean doo-doo head who makes my feelings cry". Better yet, quit Congress and get a real job.

#4 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 06 December 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Sorry not sorry, Al. You're going have to come up with something other than "Trump is a mean doo-doo head who makes my feelings cry". Better yet, quit Congress and get a real job.

I think you've captured the intellectual level of so many of his critics on the extreme left. :shrug:

#5 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostLiz, on 06 December 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

I think you've captured the intellectual level of so many of his critics on the extreme left. :shrug:

Yup, last I checked Impeachment was only supposed to be used when A. when it can be PROVEN THE PRESIDENT IS UNFIT MENTALLY OR AT LEAST PHYSICALLY TO A POINT THEY CAN NO LONGER PERFORM THE DUTIES AS P.O.T.U.S. or B. When CRIMINAL WRONG DOING CAN BE PROVEN.

Oki

#6 User is online   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:21 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 06 December 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Don't you think if he was competent enough to hold a real job he would have one.

#7 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Got Wiener?
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

Al's one of those "special" members from "the community", although if you look at his picture he resembles a jihadi without the head-dressing. His official Congressional website has a tab labeled "Impeachment". But he's also happy to solicit a birfday greeting from Pres. Trump if you'll just aks for one.

De cheeze be off da boyz cracka. But his minions re-elect idiocy, right along with Hurricane Sheila.

This post has been edited by Noclevermoniker: 06 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

#8 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 06 December 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

Al's one of those "special" members from "the community", although if you look at his picture he resembles a jihadi without the head-dressing. His official Congressional website has a tab labeled "Impeachment". But he's also happy to solicit a birfday greeting from Pres. Trump if you'll just aks for one.

De cheeze be off da boyz cracka. But his minions re-elect idiocy, right along with Hurricane Sheila.

Most of the 58 that voted for impeachment look just like him

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:04 PM

Awwww...Poor mindless, ultra-partisan haters.

:comfort:

#10 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:33 PM

View PostLiz, on 06 December 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

This one sums it up pretty much too:

#11 User is online   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

The Constitution says that a President can be removed from office upon impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. A few weeks ago, a local lib lawyer argued in an op-ed in the Houston Crock that "high crimes and misdemeanors" is a "term of art".

The dictionary defines "term of art" as "a word or phrase that has a specific or precise meaning within a given discipline or field and might have a different meaning in common usage." In other words, she argued that the Constitution doesn't mean what it says, it means whatever lawyers like her want it to mean. I doubt that most people would accept such a condescending argument. To them, the Constitution means what it says: A President must be found guilty of treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. Perjury, for example. Even if the lawyers agree that Trump is guilty of a "term of art", to remove him from office for a "term of art" instead of an obvious crime would incite civil war. It would inaugurate a phase of American politics in which a President serves only until the opposition in Congress gets enough votes to charge him with a "term of art" instead of an actual crime.

#12 User is online   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

View PostJoe the Pagan, on 06 December 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Don't you think if he was competent enough to hold a real job he would have one.

Even someone like him will get a good paying job with some victims' rights group. Besides, as long as he's been in DC, I am sure he's got a healthy bank account somewhere.

#13 User is offline   Timothy 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:26 AM

This is stupid.

Trump is carnival clown, a bad joke who is a disgrace to our country.

But we knew that going in and it's not impeachable.

#14 User is offline   Genghs Shan 

• <no title>

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:51 AM

View PostTimothy, on 07 December 2017 - 01:26 AM, said:

This is stupid.

Imagine if Timothy got arrested and had a court date:

The prosecution starts off: "Your honor, Timothy is a carnival clown. He's a bad joke and a disgrace to our country."
The jurors then go "Aha! Guilty!" and have the judge dole out his sentence. I'm glad it doesn't work that way, that you actually have to prove that a crime has been committed. Under no circumstance anywhere should "Being unpopular with a certain group" be grounds for punishment.

#15 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:33 AM

This is stupid.

Carnival clown? Sometimes.
Bad joke? He sometimes makes some pretty bad ones.
Disgrace? For actually following through with campaign promises, for not bowing to the "global community" and for not letting leftists drive the narrative unimpeded and unquestioned? Not so much.

His opponent was the most transparently and unashamedly corrupt candidate ever, a congenital liar, was a complete failure as SecState, was a do nothing Senator, and was an active enabler of a serial sexual predator.

We ALSO knew that going in.

(Your post election stress disorder never gets old!!)

#16 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

This is stupid.

Were you looking at a picture of Al Franken when you wrote that nonsense?

You know an actual clown, an actual bad joke and a complete disgrace?

#17 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Got Wiener?

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

This is stupid.

And yet you supported the communist half-caraka. How do you square that in your little teasip brain?

#18 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

I have been scouring Congressional websites (house.gov, loc.gov) and various search engines. Am I missing something because I can't find the list of who voted how? Just want to confirm a suspicion about the 58 who voted for impeachment. <_<

#19 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

This is stupid.

I see that you spent one of your two daily posts on this, without quoting anyone. That's remarkable. It undoubtedly means that this is one of, if not the key issue politically, meaning your description of Trump.

I'll respond to your characterization of Trump in 100% disagreement. He's the best option from the past election, and one of the best things that could have happened to this country, because people who think like you are wrong about the collective future of this nation (you can be right for yourself individually but that doesn't translate to the nation).

The description you used is demonstrably much more applicable to Obama anyway.

#20 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:09 PM

This is stupid.

:crybaby2:

Gonna be a long 7 more years. Suck it up, buttercup.

And as for that racist bum Al Green, he isn't fit to sell dirt, much less hold public office.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users