RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Media and the Rise of Homosexuality - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Media and the Rise of Homosexuality Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:22 AM

Media and the Rise of Homosexuality

https://www.americanthinker.com
By Mike Konrad
September 8, 2018

Article:

India has just legalized gay sex. This is roughly one-sixth of the world's population. A few years ago, this would have been unthinkable. What happened? An admission about homosexual influences, by a famous documentary, does much to explain society today.

We must first go back to the 1960s, to an amazing documentary by CBS, hosted by Mike Wallace, called "The Homosexuals."

In the documentary, Mike Wallace noted that, as late as 1967:

Most Americans are repelled by the mere notion of homosexuality. A CBS news survey shows that two out of three Americans look upon homosexuals with disgust, discomfort or fear… The majority of Americans favor legal punishment, even for homosexual acts performed in private between consenting adults. "The Homosexuals," (6:39), CBS, 1967, with Mike Wallace.

Not too long ago, people received severe sentences for homosexual behavior.

This man is twenty-seven, college educated... He has been in jail three times for committing homosexual acts. If he is arrested once more, he faces the possibility of life in prison. "The Homosexuals," (6:03) CBS, 1967, with Mike Wallace.

Yet, within a generation, homosexuality became accepted, and today it is celebrated, almost as desirable and heroic. This would have been unthinkable, even in the 1960s.

I have also noticed older people, whom I have known for decades, change their attitudes. In the 1960s, they would have been one of those Americans who saw homosexuality as disgusting. Now, they are "tolerant." The brainwashing seems to have worked retroactively.

Do not get me wrong! I am not advocating the recriminalization of consensual homosexual acts. Some of the laws back then were unnecessarily strict. But neither do I celebrate homosexuality as a good thing, something to be sought. I would have preferred the limited accommodation of decriminalization, and nothing more.

The usual explanation given is that the Stonewall Riots of 1969 were the game changer. When police raided a homosexual bar, the patrons fought back. Homosexual rights were brought into the public eye. The problem is that the Stonewall Riots were not the cause.

One could track further back to the Mattachine Society founded in 1950, or the drawings by Tom of Finland, the latter of which would become the inspiration for the Village People.

Simply put, without Tom of Finland there would have been no Village People. – The Guardian

An amazing admission in the 1967 CBS documentary confirms what many have said under their breaths, and what other have suspected.

Homosexuals are discriminated against in almost all fields of employment, in all parts of the country. But in the world of the creative arts, they received equal treatment; indeed, some would say better treatment. There is even talk of a homosexual mafia in the arts, dominating various fields. Theater, music, dance, fashion.

In painting, there is the commonly expressed notion that the homosexuals influence has been corrupting:

In the fashion industry, many observers see an effort to blend the sexes, to defeminize woman, to replace curve and counter with sexless, geometric sterility… "The Homosexuals," (31:05) CBS, 1967, with Mike Wallace.

If someone said that out loud today, they would be charged with hate speech and have their lives destroyed.

But the problem is not even limited to homosexuality.

If one were to watch fashion shows, with a discerning eye, one would wonder why so much of women's fashion has women dressed like boys. The women look almost androgynous.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:17 AM

I think all (hetero or gay) overt, public, in-your-face unwanted sexuality is rude and tasteless. I know I can’t and wouldn’t even try to stop people (first amendment and all that), I’m not triggered, I do not need a safe space, but in my opinion, blatant sexual forced imagery isn’t a turn-on. At all. It’s mostly annoying and obvious, is based on greed and deceit, and ends up limp and dry in the humor department.

#3 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:06 AM

I kind of view any blatant public displays of affection (PDAs) the same way my elementary school teacher viewed chewing gum in class. Did you bring enough for everybody? No? Then spit it out. :whistling:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users