RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Atlanta Mayor Orders ICE Detainees Removed From City’s Detention Cente - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Atlanta Mayor Orders ICE Detainees Removed From City’s Detention Cente Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:02 PM

Atlanta Mayor Orders ICE Detainees Removed From City’s Detention Center

https://hotair.com
KAREN TOWNSEND
September 8, 2018

Article:

Count Atlanta’s Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms as the latest elected official to move to voice contempt for the Trump administration’s policies on illegal immigration. Thursday she signed an executive order calling for the transfer of all ICE detainees out of the city’s detention center. The order also declares the city will no longer hold any federal detainee.

This executive order is a follow-up to one she signed in June that called for an end to cooperating with ICE on taking any new detainees. This is all in response to the family separation policies in the news at the time. The family separations ended but the social justice warriors on taxpayer payrolls march on.

“Atlanta will no longer be complicit in a policy that intentionally inflicts misery on a vulnerable population without giving any thought to the horrific fallout,” Bottoms told reporters moments before signing her executive order. “As the birthplace of the civil rights movement we are called to be better than this.”

Thursday’s executive order signing coincided with the Trump administration’s move to withdraw from the Flores Settlement, a consent decree signed in 1997 that limits the government’s ability to detain illegal alien children. The Trump administration is looking to extend the current 20 day limit on detaining children. The change does not, however, bring back the family separation policy that the mayor originally protested. It will allow longer detention with the families kept intact.

As expected, immigration rights lawyers responded to the administration’s desire to change the consent decree.

This all smacks of political grandstanding for the sake of Democratic votes to be gained in November. It is all about continuing on with the standard trope that Republicans are racist and lacking compassion. As the state’s gubernatorial race stands right now, for example, the Democrat nominee and Republican nominee are in a very close race. If elected, the Democrat nominee, Stacey Abrams, will be the first black woman elected as Georgia’s governor. She was happy to respond with her approval of the move through a spokeswoman, commending the mayor for her “efforts to combat the impact of the administration’s cruel and inhumane family separation policy. Anyone who stands against keeping families together lacks any kind of moral compass.”

The new executive order doesn’t state where the detainees will be moved to, but that they are to be transferred by ICE out of the city detention center “as soon as possible.”

Full Story

#2 User is offline   patwfox 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:14 PM

Only in the twisted logic of a leftist does local law enforcement lack the authority to enforce federal law yet retains the authority to prevent federal law enforcement from enforcing it....

#3 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:50 PM

She sent her scathing letter to Obamalamadingdong, right? It was his policy, too.

Just bring it already, leftists. The sooner the herd is culled, the better.

#4 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:12 PM

She just solidified Kemp victory as Governor.

Not that he wasn’t going to win. But now he is a shoe in.

Atlanta government body is a spec in relation to the state, btw. The state has almost 10 million residents with only a little over 400k living in the city of Atlanta.

Atlanta suburbs are more powerful than the city with regards to
State politics.

#5 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:56 PM

So if one of these folks gets out and kills someone will she be arrested as an accomplice?
Mark

#6 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:55 PM

It’s just so incredible to me that democrats are ACTUALLY running on a 100% pro-illegal immigration platform.

If this was tennis, it’s like double faulting on every serve. Thanks, I guess.

#7 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:33 PM

View Postzurg, on 09 September 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

It’s just so incredible to me that democrats are ACTUALLY running on a 100% pro-illegal immigration platform.

If this was tennis, it’s like double faulting on every serve. Thanks, I guess.

With umpteen million illegals it's a sure fire guaranteed way to win elections.
Never mind the cost to this nation in both treasure, blood and culture. All that matters is power.
And, enough people are stupid enough to buy into the narrative.
My question is simple, you'd call the cops and demand mine or my families removal if I was in your home or backyard uninvited, what's the difference?

Oki

#8 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:14 PM

Cut all federal funding to Atlanta.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic