RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: WaPo Fact-Checker Warns Dems: Don’t Keep Propagating Kamala Harris’ - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WaPo Fact-Checker Warns Dems: Don’t Keep Propagating Kamala Harris’ Falsehoods On Kavanaugh Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:31 PM

WaPo Fact-Checker Warns Dems: Don’t Keep Propagating Kamala Harris’ Falsehoods On Kavanaugh

HotAir
Ed Morrissey
Posted at 12:01 pm on September 11, 2018

Excerpt:

Not only should Kamala Harris stop trying to sell her argument on Brett Kavanaugh and abortifacient drugs, Glenn Kessler advises at the Washington Post, Democrats should stop buying it. Yesterday, Politifact — hardly a bastion of conservative action — threw a flag on Harris’ claim that Kavanaugh himself thinks of all contraception as abortive, and noted that several of her fellow Senate Democrats had picked up the argument, too. Kessler drops four Pinocchios on Harris in a detailed fact check, and tells Democrats to drop it:

Some might argue that it’s a judgment call, open to legal interpretation, as to whether Kavanaugh “uncritically” used a term that riles advocates of abortion rights.

But a plain reading of Kavanaugh’s answer during the hearings shows that it is broadly consistent with his written opinion. One can question why he used the phrase “abortion-inducing drugs” rather than “abortion-inducing products” or “abortifacients.” But it’s pretty clear from the context that he was quoting the views of the plaintiffs rather than offering a personal view.

Harris’s original tweet, with the “they say” language removed, was slightly mitigated by the second tweet a day later, providing the full context. But there was no acknowledgment by Harris that the original tweet was misleading. She earns Four Pinocchios — and her fellow Democrats should drop this talking point.

Oddly, FactCheck still hasn’t weighed in on this, although they had been tracking claims made in the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing all last week. A check of the “Kavanaugh files” this morning doesn’t show any discussion of Kamala Harris’ claims, although they do have a lengthy analysis of the debate over abortion. That’s dated the same day that Harris tweeted out her deceptive and dishonestly edited video clip of Kavanaugh’s answer, but it doesn’t even get a mention there. Hmmm.

*snip*

The Rest

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:25 PM

Woah...A dishonest Democrat? Really?

Gosh, how common...er...I mean...usual...er...I mean...typical...er...I mean...standard...

:coolshades:

#3 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:43 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 11 September 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

Woah...A dishonest Democrat? Really?

Gosh, how common...er...I mean...usual...er...I mean...typical...er...I mean...standard...

:coolshades:

She is Spartacus! Derp.

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:09 AM

View PostSeverian, on 12 September 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

She is Spartacus! Derp.

Spartacu-Next Tuesday.

:whistling: :whistle: :whistling: :whistle: :whistling:

#5 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:55 AM

She is one of the DNC's presidential hopefuls. One good thing to come out of these hearings is that she and the other Spartaclutz should have to wait until 2024 so people will forget what utter morons they've made of themselves over this.

#6 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:50 PM

https://static.pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Screen-Shot-2018-09-12-at-12.32.52-PM-600x364.png

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

View PostGertie Keddle, on 12 September 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

https://static.pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Screen-Shot-2018-09-12-at-12.32.52-PM-600x364.png

LOL

She must've missed the fact-checking. I guess she was too busy doing something else...

https://cdn.psychologytoday.com/sites/default/files/styles/article-inline-half/public/blogs/116556/2014/01/141608-142615.jpg?itok=aPsRkAs1

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users