RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 94-year-old WWII hero walks granddaughter down aisle at wedding - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

94-year-old WWII hero walks granddaughter down aisle at wedding Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:55 AM

https://www.yahoo.co...-133008725.html

Awesome video. What a wonderful treat and honor.

At the end of August, Karwowski braved his ailments, put on his WWII gear and walked his granddaughter Joanna down the aisle at her wedding. He passed away two days later.

Oki

#2 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

:salute:

#3 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:05 AM

I have to stop watching things like this while I'm cutting onions

#4 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

It's quite lovely but I have to say having armed soldiers as part of your bridal retinue is a bit unusual.

Grandfathers are awesome. Both of mine were incredible men who taught me valuable life lessons and were there to offer my mother any kind of help she needed after my dad died when I was 11.

When I was 19, both of my grandfathers passed away within 23 days of each other. To say I was devastated would be an understatement.

Both of them made sure that they had attended my graduations and the milestones of my life.

This fine man saw his granddaughter married to a man he believed would treasure her as she deserved and he could rest.

What a beautiful thing love is.

#5 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:27 PM

It's amazing how some people can hang on until a major life event they want to be a part of is over before passing. My wife's grandmother was over 100, and rapidly failing, but she hung on until the big 100th birthday bash party for her where all here kids and grandkids and nieces an nephews and all showed up. She basked in all the love and attention and was all smiles looking at her whole family, then passed quietly in her sleep a bit over a week later.

#6 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

Rest in peace, Sir. :salute:

#7 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:11 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 12 September 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

It's quite lovely but I have to say having armed soldiers as part of your bridal retinue is a bit unusual.

Grandfathers are awesome. Both of mine were incredible men who taught me valuable life lessons and were there to offer my mother any kind of help she needed after my dad died when I was 11.

When I was 19, both of my grandfathers passed away within 23 days of each other. To say I was devastated would be an understatement.

Both of them made sure that they had attended my graduations and the milestones of my life.

This fine man saw his granddaughter married to a man he believed would treasure her as she deserved and he could rest.

What a beautiful thing love is.

Sure looked to me that future husband had a love and respect for Grandpa just the same. Loving your in laws much as your own immediate family is a treasure in and by itself.

Oki

#8 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:38 PM

Very touching!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users