RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Norm MacDonald Told Not To Show Up To Jimmy Fallon. - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Norm MacDonald Told Not To Show Up To Jimmy Fallon. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:52 AM

Norm MacDonald Told Not To Show Up To Jimmy Fallon. Fallon Said Macdonald Made His Senior Producers Cry. Yes, Really.
by Ben Shapiro
September 12, 2018
Daily Wire
Excerpt:

On Tuesday night, The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon announced that it would no longer host comedian Norm Macdonald “out of sensitivity to our audience and in light of Norm Macdonald’s comments in the press today.” What, exactly, did Macdonald say? He said that he was glad that the #MeToo movement had “slowed down a bit.” He continued:

It used to be, ‘One hundred women can’t be lying.’ And then it became, ‘One woman can’t lie.’ And that became, ‘I believe all women.’ And then you’re like, ‘What?’ Like, that Chris Hardwick guy I really thought got the blunt end of the stick there.

From there, Macdonald observed that the #MeToo movement had created a perverse set of incentives: by failing to allow people to apologize, come clean, make restitution, and return to their careers, they’d made it more likely that people wouldn’t admit to guilt at all. He then added:

Well, Louis [C.K.] and Roseanne [Barr] are the two people I know. And Roseanne was so broken up [after her show's reboot was canceled] that I got Louis to call her, even though Roseanne was very hard on Louis before that. But she was just so broken and just crying constantly. There are very few people that have gone through what they have, losing everything in a day. Of course, people will go, "What about the victims?" But you know what? The victims didn't have to go through that.

Macdonald apologized:

Roseanne and Louis have both been very good friends of mine for many years. They both made terrible mistakes and I would never defend their actions. If my words sounded like I was minimizing the pain that their victims feel to this day, I am deeply sorry.

But Fallon won’t have him on. Now, remember, NBC is the same network that covered up Harvey Weinstein’s sexual abuse allegations. But they won’t have on Macdonald to clarify. Why not? Because, reportedly, Macdonald made members of the Late Show staff cry. No joke. According to Macdonald:

Jimmy came back in. “Can I talk to you buddy?” And he said, he was very, very broken up about it, he didn’t want this, he said, “I don’t know what to do.” I said, “You think I shouldn’t do the show.” “People are crying.” I said, “People are crying.” “Yeah,” he said, “senior producers are crying.” I said, “Good Lord, bring them in and let me talk to them. I didn’t even know I had the capacity to make people cry. So I felt so bad from that comment. Jimmy said, “Come back whatever you want but I think it will hurt the show tonight.” I said, “Jimmy, I don’t want to hurt your show. That’s the last thing I want to do is hurt your show.”

People were crying about Macdonald’s comments? This is just the latest proof that at major shows and websites and publications across the country, editorial judgment is no longer about the judgment of the editors, but about the fuss lower-level staffers can make. We’ve seen this with regard to Bari Weiss at The New York Times; we’ve seen it with regard to Kevin Williamson at The Atlantic; we’ve seen it over and over again. Just so long as some on staff are upset with any given decision, higher-ups will reverse themselves.

Article

I'm so old I remember when it was considered weak to "turn on the waterworks" to manipulate a man into doing something for a woman. But it looks like that's how feminists roll these days. Can fainting couches and smelling salts be far behind?

But hey, maybe Kathy Griffin will get that Netflix slot after all.

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:39 AM

. Of course, people will go, "What about the victims?" But you know what? The victims didn't have to go through that.

It was fine up until that point.

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

I said, “Good Lord, bring them in and let me talk to them. I didn’t even know I had the capacity to make people cry. So I felt so bad from that comment. Jimmy said, “Come back whatever you want but I think it will hurt the show tonight.” I said, “Jimmy, I don’t want to hurt your show. That’s the last thing I want to do is hurt your show.”

Gruß Gott, Norm McDonald offered to have an adult conversation. Perhaps clarify his remarks or even apologize for answering a question honestly. He should have gone on the show, anyway. The tears would have blocked the babies' vision and maybe they would have hit a wall or gone over a cliff when they ran toward their safe spaces.

Because he mentioned Rosanne Barr, my money is on The Conners tanking.

#4 User is online   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:03 AM

View PostLadybird, on 13 September 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

It was fine up until that point.

Right, people who read Roseanne's tweet totally had their lives and livelihoods destroyed. True victims, having to see something they disagreed with on a computer screen.

#5 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:45 AM

View PostGertie Keddle, on 13 September 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Right, people who read Roseanne's tweet totally had their lives and livelihoods destroyed. True victims, having to see something they disagreed with on a computer screen.

He was not just talking about Roseanne.

#6 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:59 AM

Norm McDonald made them cry? Good grief!

We seem to have come full circle with feminism. Started out that woman were considered weak and had to be protected. Don’t say anything in front of them that might offend their delicate ears. Then it was “I am WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR” and don’t hold a door open for me, by gawd, I’m not a shrinking violet that can’t take care of myself. Now we are back to “If you say something that offends me, it will mortify and humiliate me and I can’t be subjected to THAT!!!!”

I for one, CAN take care of myself. You can say alot in front of me that won't faze me and I can deal with it or tell you to shuddup. There are real victims who should be heard, but this pearl clutching at every little thing is not about real victims and I for one, am sick of it! :verymad:

#7 User is offline   Mrdirt73 

• Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up.
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

View PostLadybird, on 13 September 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

He was not just talking about Roseanne.

I read it as he was. If he was referring to victims of sexual assault, then I'd agree with you.

#8 User is online   Alexis 

• <no title>

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:45 PM

It was Fallon's fault for caving into these mealy-mouthed brats. He should have fired the lot of them, and brought on some new hires. This will just go on and on as long as they cowtow to this nonsense. For God's Sake -- HE'S THE BOSS!

This post has been edited by Alexis: 13 September 2018 - 01:49 PM

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:03 PM

View PostMrdirt73, on 13 September 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

I read it as he was. If he was referring to victims of sexual assault, then I'd agree with you.

"Well, Louis [C.K.] and Roseanne [Barr] are the two people I know. And Roseanne was so broken up [after her show's reboot was canceled] that I got Louis to call her, even though Roseanne was very hard on Louis before that. But she was just so broken and just crying constantly. There are very few people that have gone through what they have, losing everything in a day. Of course, people will go, "What about the victims?" But you know what? The victims didn't have to go through that"

I read it as he was talking about Roseanne, Louis C.K., and maybe others.

#10 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

I heard it as Norm McDonald positing that there are bad people out there. Some have been falsely characterized and accused. Take a step back.

There's a crazy world outside
We're not about to lose our pride

It can happen to you
It can happen to me
It can happen to everyone eventually

#11 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:22 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 13 September 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

I heard it as Norm McDonald positing that there are bad people out there. Some have been falsely characterized and accused. Take a step back.

There's a crazy world outside
We're not about to lose our pride

It can happen to you
It can happen to me
It can happen to everyone eventually

Yes :yes:

#12 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:40 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 13 September 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

Gruß Gott, Norm McDonald offered to have an adult conversation. Perhaps clarify his remarks or even apologize for answering a question honestly. He should have gone on the show, anyway. The tears would have blocked the babies' vision and maybe they would have hit a wall or gone over a cliff when they ran toward their safe spaces.

Because he mentioned Rosanne Barr, my money is on The Conners tanking.

The Connors will tank without Barr. the thing that made Roeanne good was her and John Goodman and the relationship between them. It won't be the same with it focusing on the least likable character in the series.

McDonald did little more than show sympathy towards two friends. What's more he was absolutely right regarding how #MeToo's move to automatically believing all accusations and how it utterly destroys the target. Heck he even offers a great example in Chris Hardwick who has somehow manage to get his shows back.

#13 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:21 AM

View PostModerator T, on 13 September 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

The Connors will tank without Barr. the thing that made Roeanne good was her and John Goodman and the relationship between them. It won't be the same with it focusing on the least likable character in the series.

McDonald did little more than show sympathy towards two friends. What's more he was absolutely right regarding how #MeToo's move to automatically believing all accusations and how it utterly destroys the target. Heck he even offers a great example in Chris Hardwick who has somehow manage to get his shows back.

I had to do a Bing search on Chris Hardwick because I have no idea who he is.

https://freethespam.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/bing_chris_hardwick.png

:wacko:

#14 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:35 AM

Norm MacDonald now has his own talk show on Netflix. I think I'll check it out at least once. Here's the preview clip:

#15 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:07 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 14 September 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

I had to do a Bing search on Chris Hardwick because I have no idea who he is.

https://freethespam.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/bing_chris_hardwick.png

:wacko:

He's not especially popular outside nerdy/geeky circles. He had a failed sitcom, a decent stand up career, and hosts a pile of shows (most notably the after show for Walking Dead). His ex girlfriend tried making accusations that didn't pan out in the end.

#16 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:00 PM

View PostModerator T, on 14 September 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

He's not especially popular outside nerdy/geeky circles. He had a failed sitcom, a decent stand up career, and hosts a pile of shows (most notably the after show for Walking Dead). His ex girlfriend tried making accusations that didn't pan out in the end.

Look at the search results, though. I entered "Chris Hardwick" into Bing. I get a bunch of headlines about Norm McDonald's comments and a side of Chris Hardwick on Wikipedia. If anyone believes that these companies are not cherry-picking and censoring information or trying to steer users to an agenda, they're lying like a Clinton.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users