RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Woman who wrote 'How to Murder Your Husband' arrested - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Woman who wrote 'How to Murder Your Husband' arrested for allegedly murdering her husband Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:34 AM

Woman who wrote 'How to Murder Your Husband' arrested for allegedly murdering her husband
Susan Gonzalez
11:14 AM, Sep 12, 2018
https://www.fox4now.com/

<More "How Not To Kill Your Husband" Here>

Nancy Crampton-Brophy, an Oregon-based romance author, was arrested September 5 as a suspect in the murder of her husband Daniel Brophy, according to the Portland Police Bureau. The 68-year-old writer was being held at Multnomah County Jail on charges of murder and unlawful use of a weapon. Police responded to a shooting at the Oregon Culinary Institute, Brophy's place of employment, June 2. Students were just beginning to arrive when they found the 63-year-old chef bleeding in the kitchen, according to KATU2 news. Brophy died at the scene.

His wife, Crampton-Brophy, is a self-published author of several books, including "The Wrong Husband" and "The Girl Most Likely To." She also penned a blog post entitled "How To Murder Your Husband" in November 2011. The blog has since been made private.

In "How to Murder Your Husband," Crampton-Brophy described motives and possible murder weapons she would choose from if her character were to kill a husband in a romance novel, according to The Washington Post. She even offered advice to readers, such as not using a hitman or poison to commit the murder. Her other works also dealt with murder. In "The Wrong Husband," a woman tries to leave an abusive spouse by faking her death and in "The Wrong Cop" she wrote about a woman who "spent every day of her marriage fantasizing about killing" her husband.

(snip)

#2 User is offline   Mrdirt73 

• Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up.
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:46 AM

Apparently she forgot the "and get away with it" part.

#3 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

Irony!

#4 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:51 AM

Maybe she should have written a book on how to love your husband. Way different outcome.

#5 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:02 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 13 September 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

Woman who wrote 'How to Murder Your Husband' arrested for allegedly murdering her husband
Susan Gonzalez
11:14 AM, Sep 12, 2018
https://www.fox4now.com/

Nancy Crampton-Brophy, an Oregon-based romance author, was arrested September 5 as a suspect in the murder of her husband Daniel Brophy, according to the Portland Police Bureau. The 68-year-old writer was being held at Multnomah County Jail on charges of murder and unlawful use of a weapon. Police responded to a shooting at the Oregon Culinary Institute, Brophy's place of employment, June 2. Students were just beginning to arrive when they found the 63-year-old chef bleeding in the kitchen, according to KATU2 news. Brophy died at the scene.

His wife, Crampton-Brophy, is a self-published author of several books, including "The Wrong Husband" and "The Girl Most Likely To." She also penned a blog post entitled "How To Murder Your Husband" in November 2011. The blog has since been made private.

In "How to Murder Your Husband," Crampton-Brophy described motives and possible murder weapons she would choose from if her character were to kill a husband in a romance novel, according to The Washington Post. She even offered advice to readers, such as not using a hitman or poison to commit the murder. Her other works also dealt with murder. In "The Wrong Husband," a woman tries to leave an abusive spouse by faking her death and in "The Wrong Cop" she wrote about a woman who "spent every day of her marriage fantasizing about killing" her husband.

(snip)

I've never heard of her, but I do remember a dark comedy in the 70's called 'The Girl Most Likely To'. It was about a young woman who was essentially a serial killer.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 13 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

#6 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

View PostLadybird, on 13 September 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

I've never heard of her, but I do remember a dark comedy in the 70's called 'The Girl Most Likely To'. It was about a young woman who was essentially a serial killer.

I thought of that movie, too. Looked it up. Not the same one, Joan Rivers wrote the TV movie! I haven't heard of any of the books, or her, either.

#7 User is offline   Alexis 

• <no title>

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:39 PM

She should have been arrested on stupidity alone.

#8 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:38 PM

She made the prosecutor's job super easy in determining/proving her motive.

All he or she has to do is read off her book to the jury.

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:53 PM

View PostBootsieBets, on 13 September 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

I thought of that movie, too. Looked it up. Not the same one, Joan Rivers wrote the TV movie! I haven't heard of any of the books, or her, either.

Ah. I knew about Joan Rivers involvement in the screenplay and thought there might be a connection. I haven't seen it in decades, but remember it being very funny.

#10 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:38 PM

View PostMrdirt73, on 13 September 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

Apparently she forgot the "and get away with it" part.

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

#11 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:02 PM

View PostLadybird, on 13 September 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

Ah. I knew about Joan Rivers involvement in the screenplay and thought there might be a connection. I haven't seen it in decades, but remember it being very funny.

Yep, mostly remember the scene where she gets her old nemesis the cheerleader to backflip down the hall and right out the second story window! :biglaugh:

This post has been edited by BootsieBets: 13 September 2018 - 06:02 PM

#12 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:30 PM

View PostLadybird, on 13 September 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Those are all just ripoffs of Arsenic and Old Lace

#13 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

I remember a movie, can't recall the name, where this woman worked as a secretary or such. She was losing out to a rival for a promotion, and she wound up accidentally killing him. She kept on, at first accidentally killing her rivals and then deliberately doing it with increasingly bizarre office equipment accidents, like a guy getting his tie stuck in a copy machine and strangled, etc. Was quite funny.

#14 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

View PostSeverian, on 13 September 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

I remember a movie, can't recall the name, where this woman worked as a secretary or such. She was losing out to a rival for a promotion, and she wound up accidentally killing him. She kept on, at first accidentally killing her rivals and then deliberately doing it with increasingly bizarre office equipment accidents, like a guy getting his tie stuck in a copy machine and strangled, etc. Was quite funny.

Yes, a really bad 80s flick. Around the same time as "Single White Female" and whatever the hell that one was with Rae Dawn Chong and Mickey Rourke. I refuse to resort to internet or smartphone app. This is useless trivia that even the Guinness Book of World Records doesn't touch. Melanie Griffith?

#15 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 13 September 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

Yes, a really bad 80s flick. Around the same time as "Single White Female" and whatever the hell that one was with Rae Dawn Chong and Mickey Rourke. I refuse to resort to internet or smartphone app. This is useless trivia that even the Guinness Book of World Records doesn't touch. Melanie Griffith?

“The Temp” starring Laura Flynn Boyle, 1993. Found it.

#16 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:07 AM

Cue "The Abuse Excuse" in 5...4...3...

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 14 September 2018 - 01:07 AM

#17 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:20 PM

View PostSeverian, on 13 September 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

“The Temp” starring Laura Flynn Boyle, 1993. Found it.

And at least a dozen rip-offs of it, because Hollywood has a real knack for running a meme into the ground.

Start with How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (1967). Turn it from a musical comedy to a murder/suspense film and you've got The Temp (1993).

#18 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 13 September 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

I'm not quite sure how murder plays into 'romance' but, hey, these days it's apparently inappropriate to criticize how someone gets their jollies.

This might be a perfect example of Nietzche's Warning:

"Take care that, when battling evils, you yourself do not become evil. When you gaze into hell, hell ALSO gazes into you."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users