RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Willie Nelson attacked by fans online over upcoming Beto O'Rourke - RightNation.US

Willie Nelson attacked by fans online over upcoming Beto O'Rourke Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:45 AM

Willie Nelson attacked by fans online over upcoming Beto O'Rourke rally appearance in Austin
Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:57AM
https://abc13.com

<Too Short To Excerpt>

Some Willie Nelson fans are seeing red after learning the country musician will be headlining a rally for Democratic Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke. Dozens of people weighed in on Willie's Facebook page Wednesday after he shared a story about the upcoming rally in Austin. While some people told Willie he needs to stay out of politics, others threw insults at the music legend. Still others applauded Willie's contribution to the 2018 campaign.

The event is set for Sept. 29 at Austin's Auditorium Shores. Nelson is scheduled to perform alongside Joe Ely, Carrie Rodriguez, Tameca Jones and Nelson's sons, Lukas and Micah Nelson. If you're interested in seeing the show, tickets are free but an RSVP is required.
O'Rourke is hoping to unseat incumbent Republican Sen. Ted Cruz in November's election.

<Too Short To Excerpt>

#2 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

Who didn't know Willie was a flaming leftist?

No surprise here.

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:00 PM

If you didn't know that Willie Nelson leans way left, then you have probably been smoking with him for decades.

I won't bother his personal politics but this is definitely a music thread.

#4 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:16 PM

erp, on 14 September 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

No surprise here.

:exactly:

He's the same as the late Tom Petty... democrap because of marijuana. Both said that the evil republicans wanted to take away their dope.

#5 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:15 PM

Poor triggered fans. They have to add Willie Nelson, along with sneakers and Harley’s, to the verboten list.

#6 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

Congressman O'Rourke and his guitar-strumming pal won't hear from me on line. They will hear from me at the voting booth.

#7 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

This geezer sure will bring in that desperately needed millennial vote.

Nelson is a good song writer but he can't sing, never could sing and never will be able to sing. That anyone was surprised that he's a leftist hasn't been paying attention. Of course he is. That's why he doesn't have to pay his taxes.

#8 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:53 PM

Magic Rat, on 14 September 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Nelson is a good song writer but he can't sing, never could sing and never will be able to sing. That anyone was surprised that he's a leftist hasn't been paying attention. Of course he is. That's why he doesn't have to pay his taxes.

I find his voice irritating, but I like his songs. He was good in The Electric Horseman.
Good tunes in that movie.

#9 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:00 PM

Ladybird, on 14 September 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

I find his voice irritating, but I like his songs. He was good in The Electric Horseman.

He wrote 'Crazy'. Arguably the best country song ever written. But he slaughters it. He whines. Like I said before, whining through the nose is not singing.

Never saw the movie.

#10 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:13 PM

Magic Rat, on 14 September 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Same for his buddy Tom Petty, as well as other popular singers such as Stevie Nicks, Bob Dylan, etc.

He wasn't bad on Miami Vice.

#11 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:14 PM

Ladybird, on 14 September 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

Poor triggered fans. They have to add Willie Nelson, along with sneakers and Harley’s, to the verboten list.

Unlike you, some of us can appreciate the music and ignore the singer's politics.

I have liked Tom Petty's music for decades but never liked his politics.

You're a liberal and you don't get speak for conservatives, especially since it's your party who are the triggered tantrum throwing crybaby snowflakes that "resist" the fact that you're losers.

#12 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:17 PM

Figures you'd like a movie with Robert Redford the nutty libtard?

His movies suck.

#13 User is online   Diamond369 

• <no title>

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

erp, on 14 September 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

No surprise here.

:yeahthat:

#14 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:26 PM

Rock N, on 14 September 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

Unlike you, some of us can appreciate the music and ignore the singer's politics.

I have liked Tom Petty's music for decades but never liked his politics.

You're a liberal and you don't get speak for conservatives, especially since it's your party who are the triggered tantrum throwing crybaby snowflakes that "resist" the fact that you're losers.

Did you read the OP?

#15 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:50 PM

Ha! I forgot all about the Keurig smashing..

#16 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:00 PM

The difference being is the people who smashed Kuerigs and burned Nikes owned them. Compare to antifa and race rioters in Baltimore and Saint Louis. They smashed and burned other people's property. On more than one occasion, they assaulted innocent bystanders physically.

#17 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:06 PM

gravelrash, on 14 September 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

The difference being is the people who smashed Kuerigs and burned Nikes owned them. Compare to antifa and race rioters in Baltimore and Saint Louis. They smashed and burned other people's property. On more than one occasion, they assaulted innocent bystanders physically.

And back in their innocent youthful days when they were occupying Wall Street, they complained when their $1,500 Apple laptops were stolen or when homeless people lined up for their free food, and obediently kept quiet about rapes in their camps.

#18 User is online   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:32 PM

Rock N, on 14 September 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Figures you'd like a movie with Robert Redford the nutty libtard?

His movies suck.

I am a conservative, and like Redford. More his 60s/70s movies: Jeremiah Johnson, Three Days of the Condor, The Candidate, Butch Cassidy, All The President's Men, Great Gatsby, Electric Horseman, Brubaker. He has starred in some classic films, and is a fine actor.

I find this idea not to like actors or pop stars because they support the other side, stupid. I know most of my fav actors, in fact most actors or entertainers, tend to be leftist or at least of a liberal outlook. As long as they aren't militant about it, I couldn't care. So they support the other side. Big so ******* what.

#19 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

scotsman, on 14 September 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

I am a conservative, and like Redford. More his 60s/70s movies: Jeremiah Johnson, Three Days of the Condor, The Candidate, Butch Cassidy, All The President's Men, Great Gatsby, Electric Horseman, Brubaker. He has starred in some classic films, and is a fine actor.

I find this idea not to like actors or pop stars because they support the other side, stupid. I know most of my fav actors, in fact most actors or entertainers, tend to be leftist or at least of a liberal outlook. As long as they aren't militant about it, I couldn't care. So they support the other side. Big so ******* what.

We can agree on that. 'The Candidate' sucked balls but 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' was good and I really liked 'Jerimiah Johnson'. I watched 'All the President's Men' and foound it preachy and typical of a politcal media love affair with media. Politics drove it and politics is what you got. My favorite Redford movie is 'The Natural'. Redford had an easy grace of an athlete. A baseball player who didn't need a double because the he actually knew how to throw a ball. Redford can throw a baseball like an American. Not like a girl or a European.

Brubaker was a leftist fantasy about prison reform too, but I support prison reform so as cartoonist as it was for the time, I support the ideal.

Leftists run Hollywood. If one is waiting to be entertained by movies that only shows his conservative politics, he shouldn't hold his breath.

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 14 September 2018 - 09:45 PM

#20 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:44 PM

A woman walks into a tattoo parlor and tells the artist she wants two tattoos, one of Robert Redford on her left upper thigh, and one of Paul Newman on her right upper thigh. After hours of work the tattoo artist is finished and holds a mirror in between the woman's legs for her to view. The woman says, "Neither one of these look like Newman & Redford, and I ain't payin' for these if they ain't right!'' She tells the artist she will go on the street just outside the business and ask the first person walking by who they think the two men are on her thighs. If they answer correctly, she'll pay the artist. She soon sees a wino walking down the street, so she pulls up her skirt and asks him, "Do you recognize who these men are?" The wino looks long and hard and finally says, "I dunno about the ones on either end, but that guy in the middle looks just like Willie Nelson."

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users