RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Kavanaugh boomerang #1: Fanatical Dems finally have unified the GOP be - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kavanaugh boomerang #1: Fanatical Dems finally have unified the GOP be Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:56 AM

Kavanaugh boomerang #1: Fanatical Dems finally have unified the GOP behind Trump

https://www.americanthinker.com
By Thomas Lifson
October 6, 2018

Article:

The Democrats have not merely overplayed their hand in opposing the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh, they have provoked a reaction that has serious consequences for the power struggle ahead. Most of them do not understand yet the gravity of their error because they still operate out of a rage that has its origin in the belief that Donald Trump’s presidential victory was somehow illegitimate, despite the lack of any evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia (and the growing evidence that the Clinton campaign colluded – via cutouts Perkins Coie and Fusion GPS – to recycle phony stories from Russian intelligence into FISA warrants).

That unfounded sense of illegitimacy is their security blanket, enabling them to contain their despair over losing their grasp on power to a foe unafraid to oppose them frontally, someone who fights back and wins, even when the weight of the media is fully on their side. In the past, very, very few Republicans had the guts to resist early polling that reflected 90% of media hewing to the Democrats’ party line. The Dems naturally assumed that Professor Ford’s emotional testimony, supported by MSM coverage that presented it as absolutely conclusive evidence of Kavanaugh’s depravity, would either cause him to withdraw to end the personal pain, or a handful of squishy GOP senators to abandon him.

But Judge (soon to be Justice) Kavanaugh is made of sterner stuff. And so is President Trump.

Had the charges not been quite so outrageous, quite so bizarrely “outlandish” (in Susan Collins’s word), perhaps they would have reaped more Senate squishes than Lisa Murkowski). They apparently forgot that Kavanaugh was a former member in good standing of the GOP establishment, the person who was at President George W. Bush’s side as much or more than any other of his staff for years. W, who has been quietly critical of Trump, could not stand by and watch a man he liked and admired slandered so cruelly, and began making calls to senators in support of Trump’s nominee.

Senator Lindsey Graham’s denunciation of his Democrat colleagues during the hearing Thursday last week marked his turning point, a break with the niceties of “my distinguished colleague” approach to Senate comity, and an understanding that the struggle is so mortal that solidarity is more important than finding a safe space.

The bullying also began to drive NeverTrump pundits like Bret Stephens of the New York Times into an appreciation of the importance of standing up to the Dems’ bullying.

For the first time since Donald Trump entered the political fray, I find myself grateful that he’s in it. I’m reluctant to admit it and astonished to say it….

I’m grateful because Trump has not backed down in the face of the slipperiness, hypocrisy and dangerous standard-setting deployed by opponents of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. I’m grateful because ferocious and even crass obstinacy has its uses in life, and never more so than in the face of sly moral bullying. I’m grateful because he’s a big fat hammer fending off a razor-sharp dagger.

Diehard Trump opponent Erick Erickson seems to have had an epiphany:

https://www.americanthinker.com/images/bucket/2018-10/209517_5_.png

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

Kicking ass is fun, isn't it?

Especially to those deserving it (our tormentors), ie proggy commie's butts!

Time to put on those pointy toed boots and join in on the fun! :woohoo: :party:

It sure took a long time for the establishment lover's light bulbs to come on?

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 06 October 2018 - 11:16 AM

#3 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:28 AM

Been chatting with a few like minds (who may join RN this weekend), and this was the mutual consensus. Roll Red Tide!

#4 User is offline   Vandervecken 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

This idea that the President is a "big fat hammer" compared to Democrat knives is some pretty incredible nonsense, and if Lifson could get past his own self-congratulatory prejudices for a moment and could look at how the President has, in fact, outmaneuvered his enemies at just about every turn (the notable exception happening early on, with the disastrous appointment of Muller occurring due to Rosenstein's cowardice and Comey's exiting middle finger), he MIGHT be smart enough to see that. I'm not going to go so far as the "three-dimensional chess" kooks who think the President is Xanatos from Gargoyles--for example, no one would authorize a probe like Muller's as part of some grand strategy--but he is quite clearly running rings around his enemies. And some of the reason for that, I believe, is that the Dems have gotten stupid and fat and complacent owning the giant megaphone. It is THEY who know nothing but the hammer and nothing of finesse. They've lived fat and sassy for decades now in an environment that might as well be the political equivalent of the Garden of Eden for Leftists--no challenges AT ALL except those they create for themselves. They don't have an EDGE anymore while the President is multifaceted obsidian.

This post has been edited by Vandervecken: 06 October 2018 - 11:34 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users