RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Grassley To Ford Attorneys: Turn Over All Correspondence With - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Grassley To Ford Attorneys: Turn Over All Correspondence With Feinstein — And Hirono Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

Grassley To Ford Attorneys: Turn Over All Correspondence With Feinstein — And Hirono

HotAir
Ed Morrissey
Posted at 9:21 am on October 5, 2018

Excerpt:

So far, the Senate has managed to keep the FBI report on their supplemental background check of Brett Kavanaugh from leaking. Who knew Washington could keep a secret? Late last night, however, Senate Judiciary chair Chuck Grassley released the report’s executive summary, which only took one page to write. Their conclusion was even more terse:

INBOX: Sen. Grassley just emailed an executive summary of the FBI investigation report. It's concise enough to fit in one screenshot. pic.twitter.com/Ubuk3xaANk

— Steven Mazie (@stevenmazie) October 5, 2018

The Supplemental Background Investigation confirms what the Senate Judiciary Committee concluded after its investigation: there is no corroboration of the allegations made by Dr. Ford or Ms. Ramirez.

That’s not exactly news; both Republicans and Democrats agreed on that much. They differed on what it meant. Republicans insist this means that Kavanaugh’s been vindicated, and Democrats insist it means that the FBI didn’t interview enough people. The executive summary notes, however, that the FBI talked with the three other people named by Christine Blasey Ford, plus two others from Kavanaugh’s calendar to check out Sheldon Whitehouse’s July 1 theory. They also interviewed Deborah Ramirez, two “alleged eyewitnesses” she named, and her “close friend from college,” presumably a character witness. They got bupkis out of that, which is why the FBI brought the review to an end.

A few Democrats want the full report released, presumably to bolster their argument against the FBI’s work. However, this letter late yesterday from Grassley to Ford’s attorneys suggest that the probe may have turned up something significant on two Democrats on his committee — Dianne Feinstein and Maizie Hirono. Did they engage in back-channel negotiations with Ford’s legal team?

BREAKING: New SenGrassley letter to Ford legal team regarding dispute over turning over evidence. pic.twitter.com/5NRnaM6ozA

— Shannon Bream (@ShannonBream) October 5, 2018

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, wrote a letter to Christine Blasey Ford’s lawyers Thursday asking for records and descriptions of communications with the offices of Democratic Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Mazie Hirono “in light of recently uncovered information.”

*snip*

It’s been long known that Feinstein had been in contact with Ford, and presumably her legal team as well. It’s one reason that suspicion on how Ford’s allegation leaked to the press has fallen mainly on her office, as well as Rep. Anna Eshoo, who first brought it to Feinstein. Until now, however, Hirono’s name has not come up as someone in contact with Ford. It calls into question Hirono’s curious non-denial when pressed about the leak on Sunday, Daniel Chaitin observes:

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:13 PM

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/popcorn3.gif

#3 User is online   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:22 PM

I wish. But most of me just thinks this new found backbone will wilt (back bones wilt?) in time and nothing will happen.
But

I wish.

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 October 2018 - 08:41 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 06 October 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

(back bones wilt?)

http://www.hinews.cn/pic/003/009/389/00300938972_508d149f.png

#5 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:51 AM

Republicans still haven't figured out how to hold democrats responsible for their actions yet. In fairness, that's a hard thing to do since democrats are grandmasters at covering their *****.

:coffeenpc:

#6 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:28 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 07 October 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

Republicans still haven't figured out how to hold democrats responsible for their actions yet. In fairness, that's a hard thing to do since democrats are grandmasters at covering their *****.

I don't have much faith in the republicans either but I'm hoping that the voters might hold democrats responsible for their latest farce.

And I say this as one who is not a big fan of Brett Kavannaugh and who would have preferred a different candidate.

#7 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:16 AM

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, wrote a letter to Christine Blasey Ford’s lawyers Thursday asking for records and descriptions of communications with the offices of Democratic Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Mazie Hirono “in light of recently uncovered information.”

ASK?

Uhm, no, he should DEMAND those communications by serving subpoenas at their offices to take those records immediately so no one can have one of those scrubbing parties that Dr. Ford and others are known for throwing.

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:41 AM

View PostLiz, on 07 October 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

And I say this as one who is not a big fan of Brett Kavannaugh and who would have preferred a different candidate.

Really? I can't deny being surprised by that; in fact, kinda baffled. Can you explain why?

Not meant to be snarky or "gotcha" or anything. Just genuinely curious.

:scratch:

#9 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 07 October 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

The democrats are experts at both showing and covering their asses.

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 07 October 2018 - 03:16 AM, said:

ASK?

Uhm, no, he should DEMAND those communications by serving subpoenas at their offices to take those records immediately so no one can have one of those scrubbing parties that Dr. Ford and others are known for throwing.

Dare I say it? Time for a Special Counsel.

#10 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:12 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 07 October 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Really? I can't deny being surprised by that; in fact, kinda baffled. Can you explain why?

Not meant to be snarky or "gotcha" or anything. Just genuinely curious.

:scratch:

While some of Kavannaugh's defender's deny his part in this, this article from Alex Pappas of Fox News explains some of my objection.

Did Judge Brett Kavanaugh write the roadmap for saving ObamaCare?

That question has dwelled at the center of passionate debate in the conservative legal community for days as Kavanaugh, a federal appeals judge in the District of Columbia, finds himself as one of President Trump’s four finalists for a place on the U.S. Supreme Court.

Trump is expected to announce his choice to fill Justice Anthony Kennedy's seat Monday night. He has not tipped his hand, but Kavanaugh from the start has been in the mix as a top contender -- fueling a firestorm of debate on the right.

The allegation from conservative critics is rooted in a 2011 ObamaCare case where Kavanaugh dissented against the ruling but acknowledged that the Affordable Care Act’s “individual mandate provision” could fit “comfortably within Congress’ Taxing Clause power.”

Kavanaugh's detractors say that language helped provide the roadmap for the Supreme Court to uphold the mandate a year later.

“Even as he avoided a definitive ruling on the merits of the case, Kavanaugh revealed himself as favorably disposed to the mandate,” conservative health care expert Christopher Jacobs wrote for The Federalist. “Worst of all, in so doing, he cultivated a theory that ultimately led Chief Justice John Roberts to uphold the mandate.”

The Supreme Court upheld ObamaCare’s individual mandate requiring individuals to purchase health insurance in 2012.

Roberts, the conservative chief justice appointed by George W. Bush, sided with the court’s liberals in ruling that the government could mandate the purchase of health insurance under its power to tax.

Some conservatives accuse Kavanaugh of supporting the idea that the individual mandate could be considered a tax.

My other concern about Kavannaugh is how hard George W. Bush, the quintessential anti-Trumper, pushed to have Kavannaugh confirmed.

Brett Kavanaugh & George W. Bush: What are the Ties?

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:42 PM

View PostLiz, on 07 October 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

While some of Kavannaugh's defender's deny his part in this, this article from Alex Pappas of Fox News explains some of my objection.

My other concern about Kavannaugh is how hard George W. Bush, the quintessential anti-Trumper, pushed to have Kavannaugh confirmed.

Thank you for the explanation.

:)

#12 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:37 PM

Scalia and Ginsburg and her husband were all very good friends.

Being friendly with someone doesn't mean you can't do your job when you have ethics that calibrate your moral compass.

#13 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:17 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 07 October 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

Scalia and Ginsburg and her husband were all very good friends.

Being friendly with someone doesn't mean you can't do your job when you have ethics that calibrate your moral compass.

Yes, that's true but not everyone is capable of such magnanimity.

#14 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:43 AM

View PostLiz, on 07 October 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

OK, that makes sense to me as I was wondering too. I did really like the way he fired back at the accusations. Guess we'll have to wait and see how his rulings and opinions come down. Gotta be better than anything what's her name would have picked though.

Mark

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users