RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: CNN Political Analyst: Justice Kavanaugh Hiring Female Clerks - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CNN Political Analyst: Justice Kavanaugh Hiring Female Clerks ‘Felt Like Pandering To Me’ Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:52 AM

CNN Political Analyst: Justice Kavanaugh Hiring Female Clerks ‘Felt Like Pandering To Me’

The Daily Caller
Scott Morefield | Reporter
10/08/2018

excerpt:

CNN political analyst Joan Walsh on Monday said that Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s decision to hire four female law clerks “felt like pandering” to her.

Walsh’s comments came during CNN’s roundtable commentary following Kavanaugh’s White House swearing-in.

*SNIP VIDEO*

“I mean the female clerks,” Walsh told CNN’s Kate Bolduan when asked about Kavanaugh’s “outreach nod to women.” “I guess that’s great, Kate. He’s talked about that before. It felt a little bit like pandering to me. As I said before, there’s not really anything new. This is the way he introduced himself in his very first …”

At which point Bolduan noted that Kavanaugh chose to “stick to the script.”

“I guess it has worked,” said Walsh, “but I don’t know that it’s going to work to make women who are still upset about the treatment of Dr. Blasey Ford feel any better.”

“It did,” she concluded. “It felt a lot like pandering to me.”

LINK

It felt like pandering? :rolleyes: Someone hasn't been paying attention. :coffeenpc:

#2 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:11 AM

I think it's pretty simple. To those who violently opposed his confirmation, nothing he does will ever be acceptable.

On the other hand, we can't he just select his clerks from the most qualified people available, regardless of gender?

#3 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:52 AM

View PostLiz, on 09 October 2018 - 02:11 AM, said:

I think it's pretty simple. To those who violently opposed his confirmation, nothing he does will ever be acceptable.

On the other hand, we can't he just select his clerks from the most qualified people available, regardless of gender?

Kind of like President Trump. He will NEVER win with these people. Never.

The pathetic thing is that all of these people think that Bill Clinton and HRC are champions for women and that HRC is not a serial harasser/rapist enabler.

Leftism is a cult.

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:23 AM

View PostJerryL, on 09 October 2018 - 03:52 AM, said:

Leftism is a cult.

...for the learning-impaired.

B)

#5 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:58 AM

So.....providing a "beyond the glass ceiling", once in a lifetime opportunity for female clerks is now pandering? Were ALL the clerks female?

The left was never going to vote for him, approve of him or any thing he does.

SSDD.

#6 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:19 PM

My understanding is that Justice Kavanaugh (glad to be able to call him that) always hired a lot of women to clerk for him in the past. Now it is pandering? :confused:

#7 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:59 AM

View PostLiz, on 09 October 2018 - 02:11 AM, said:

I agree - but I’ll just say that Kavanaugh made two points about his female clerks. One, that these are some of the most highly coveted positions. Two, that’s he’s the first ever (!) to have an all-female clerking staff. Put together, he at least COULD be saying that, given the competitive nature of obtaining the position, and that he’s open and forthcoming with the results, that the females just happened to be the BEST candidates from the pool he was looking at.

Then it would be meritocracy and zero pandering. Of course, like with Blasey Ford’s accusation, the media will only consider what they like to hear, as possibly being the truth.

#8 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:01 AM

View PostBootsieBets, on 09 October 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

My understanding is that Justice Kavanaugh (glad to be able to call him that) always hired a lot of women to clerk for him in the past. Now it is pandering? :confused:

Face it, no matter who he hired, they'd find fault with it. All women? Pandering. One woman, not enough women. All men, it's a slap in the face after how he treated poor old Prof Ford.

That, and of course the only reason they are all women is he wants to gang bang them in chambers. I am DERPTACUS!!!

#9 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:05 AM

Joan Walsh...just another CNN airhead.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users