RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: ‘This is MY son’: Navy vet horrified as mom’s tweet miscasts him as #H - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

‘This is MY son’: Navy vet horrified as mom’s tweet miscasts him as #H Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:25 PM

‘This is MY son’: Navy vet horrified as mom’s tweet miscasts him as #HimToo poster boy — and goes viral

By Meagan Flynn October 9 at 5:51 AM
Pieter Hanson was in the middle of a marketing exam when his phone started blowing up, buzzing and buzzing until he was convinced something terrible had happened. Too anxious to focus, he whizzed through the rest of his test, handed it in to his University of Central Florida professor and bolted into the hallway to pull out his cellphone and find out what was going on.

Sure enough, something terrible had happened indeed: His mom accidentally turned him into a viral Twitter meme.

“This is MY son,” began his mom’s viral post, which featured a photograph of Hanson posing in his Navy uniform. “He graduated #1 in boot camp. He was awarded the USO award. He was #1 in A school. He is a gentleman who respects women. He won’t go on solo dates due to the current climate of false sexual accusations by radical feminists with an axe to grind. I VOTE. #HimToo.”

“Hey, Pieter, we want you to know that this is going on,” one friend texted him.

“We know this isn’t you,” said another.

It was all rather disorienting. The tweet, since deleted, had been widely shared, immediately casting Hanson as the poster boy for the #HimToo movement. The movement has more recently been seen by some as the antithesis of the #MeToo movement, suggesting in the wake of the Brett M. Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation hearings that men are frequently victims of false sexual assault accusations and that many accusers are liars.

“It doesn’t represent me at all,” said Hanson, who is studying entrepreneurship with plans to open his own brewery. “I love my mom to death, but boy . . . I’m still trying to wrap my head around all this.”

Hanson and his brother, Jon, said they could only speculate why their mother would write the post, saying she had a tendency to write gushing social media posts about her sons and sometimes could make “loose cannon” statements, but not like this. (They spoke to The Post on the condition that their mother not be identified, seeking to protect her privacy). Hanson said he was too heated to speak with her directly about it Monday evening, instead asking his grandmother and younger brother to communicate his wishes that she remove the tweet. She removed her full account.

Within a matter of hours of the tweet going viral, Hanson said, his life “became a whirlwind.” #HimToo started trending as hundreds started mocking his mom’s message, creating their own “This is MY son” posts. The parodies featured everyone from Guy Fieri in his flamin’ hot button-down to SpongeBob SquarePants to Donald Trump Jr. holding a hunting rifle

<snip>

Link

#2 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:47 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 October 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

‘This is MY son’: Navy vet horrified as mom’s tweet miscasts him as #HimToo poster boy — and goes viral

By Meagan Flynn October 9 at 5:51 AM
Pieter Hanson was in the middle of a marketing exam when his phone started blowing up, buzzing and buzzing until he was convinced something terrible had happened. Too anxious to focus, he whizzed through the rest of his test, handed it in to his University of Central Florida professor and bolted into the hallway to pull out his cellphone and find out what was going on.

Sure enough, something terrible had happened indeed: His mom accidentally turned him into a viral Twitter meme.

“This is MY son,” began his mom’s viral post, which featured a photograph of Hanson posing in his Navy uniform. “He graduated #1 in boot camp. He was awarded the USO award. He was #1 in A school. He is a gentleman who respects women. He won’t go on solo dates due to the current climate of false sexual accusations by radical feminists with an axe to grind. I VOTE. #HimToo.”

“Hey, Pieter, we want you to know that this is going on,” one friend texted him.

“We know this isn’t you,” said another.

It was all rather disorienting. The tweet, since deleted, had been widely shared, immediately casting Hanson as the poster boy for the #HimToo movement. The movement has more recently been seen by some as the antithesis of the #MeToo movement, suggesting in the wake of the Brett M. Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation hearings that men are frequently victims of false sexual assault accusations and that many accusers are liars.

“It doesn’t represent me at all,” said Hanson, who is studying entrepreneurship with plans to open his own brewery. “I love my mom to death, but boy . . . I’m still trying to wrap my head around all this.”

Hanson and his brother, Jon, said they could only speculate why their mother would write the post, saying she had a tendency to write gushing social media posts about her sons and sometimes could make “loose cannon” statements, but not like this. (They spoke to The Post on the condition that their mother not be identified, seeking to protect her privacy). Hanson said he was too heated to speak with her directly about it Monday evening, instead asking his grandmother and younger brother to communicate his wishes that she remove the tweet. She removed her full account.

Within a matter of hours of the tweet going viral, Hanson said, his life “became a whirlwind.” #HimToo started trending as hundreds started mocking his mom’s message, creating their own “This is MY son” posts. The parodies featured everyone from Guy Fieri in his flamin’ hot button-down to SpongeBob SquarePants to Donald Trump Jr. holding a hunting rifle

<snip>

Link

So what's your point? One tweet is false, so that means that no men have been falsely accused, never happens? Or disregard false accusations that can ruin someone's like one of the wenches on the View said, that false accusations are only "2 to 10% of accusations, so it's unimportant and not a problem. That a man being falsely accused and his life ruined never happens. Because I've lived under that threat myself. I know the stress, and the fear of being falsely accused of domestic violence, knowing that just the accusation could ruin my life, and knowing that as a man, I would have not gotten a fair view in the court system at the time. And the kicker, I was the actual victim of that violence. So go ahead and tell me that false accusations don't matter.

#3 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostItalian Biker, on 09 October 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

So what's your point? One tweet is false, so that means that no men have been falsely accused, never happens? Or disregard false accusations that can ruin someone's like one of the wenches on the View said, that false accusations are only "2 to 10% of accusations, so it's unimportant and not a problem. That a man being falsely accused and his life ruined never happens. Because I've lived under that threat myself. I know the stress, and the fear of being falsely accused of domestic violence, knowing that just the accusation could ruin my life, and knowing that as a man, I would have not gotten a fair view in the court system at the time. And the kicker, I was the actual victim of that violence. So go ahead and tell me that false accusations don't matter.

The story and subsequent tweets are hilarious.

#4 User is offline   Italian Biker 

• <no title>

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 October 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

Funny how you would jump to condemn anyone making fun of Ford's, or her false accusations, yet you think it's totally ok to make fun of a mother, who while being dishonest, has a legitimate concern for her son's life being potentially ruined. Yep, that's totally ok for you.

I suppose it's ok for you to mock these to men's mothers also.
https://www.nbcconne...-491565291.html
Or better yet, why don't you go ahead and mock me, a victim of domestic violence, and a victim of the threat false accusations.

#5 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

View PostItalian Biker, on 09 October 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

Funny how you would jump to condemn anyone making fun of Ford's, or her false accusations, yet you think it's totally ok to make fun of a mother, who while being dishonest, has a legitimate concern for her son's life being potentially ruined. Yep, that's totally ok for you.

I suppose it's ok for you to mock these to men's mothers also.
https://www.nbcconne...-491565291.html
Or better yet, why don't you go ahead and mock me, a victim of domestic violence, and a victim of the threat false accusations.

She made an ass of herself and her son, who quite rightly clapped back.

I have no opinion on anyone else’s mother.

#6 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:08 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 October 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

Feel free to have an opinion on mine. :whistling:

Mine would be the polar opposite... just as bad, in it's own way.

I mean, I could've been SO squeaky clean all my adult life (I wasn't, but, y'know, I could've been...) that Billy Graham would look like an outlaw biker in comparison and yet the first time a Kavanaugh-ish mere accusation came along, she'd be the first to say, "Yeah, I knew the bastard had it in him all along."

#7 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

View PostLadybird, on 09 October 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

So was #MeToo. Quite the howler, that <_<

The sexism, the misandry, is palpable

#8 User is offline   usapatriot 

• <no title>

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:16 PM

View PostItalian Biker, on 09 October 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

It happens a lot more than 2-10% of the time. It has happened to me multiple times, just not as extreme as what happened to our new Justice on the Supreme Court. I was out with a bunch of co-workers at a bar years ago and one girl who's face only a mom could love (and a personality to match), came up to me and literally propositioned me and told me if I didn't sleep with her she would tell everyone at work I tried to seduce her. I told her no one would believe that I would want to seduce HER and walked away. Because of the toxic environment created by feminists and leftist radicals, she would most likely have tried lie about what happened to get me fired. As it was, she was VERY bitter and made working with her a hell on earth (thankfully, I was transferred a couple months later and never had to work with her again). Thank God I'm married and I don't have to worry about exactly what this mother is is concerned about for her son (notwithstanding her embellishment on the truth). Kavanaugh is just the latest fraud against white men...remember the slut who lied to get the Duke lacrosse team in trouble. The NY Times still says they did something wrong even after she admitted lying and the prosecutor got disbarred and fired. Always remember, Dumbocraps = hypocrites.

#9 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:20 AM

I love reading threads where Ladybird makes a post or a simple comment......and rather than commenting on the article, everyone attacks Ladybird, personally.

A recent thread had to be shut down specifically because of this.

#10 User is offline   Vandervecken 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostLadybird, on 09 October 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

Ford and the Senate Judiciary Democrats made complete asses of themselves, so have at it!

#11 User is offline   Mrdirt73 

• Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up.
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:32 PM

View PostDutch13, on 10 October 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

I love reading threads where Ladybird makes a post or a simple comment......and rather than commenting on the article, everyone attacks Ladybird, personally.

A recent thread had to be shut down specifically because of this.

She had me up until she used the "clapped back" phrase. I can't stand that, or the "throw shade" phrase that seems to be so pervasive nowadays.

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:11 PM

View PostMrdirt73, on 10 October 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

She had me up until she used the "clapped back" phrase. I can't stand that, or the "throw shade" phrase that seems to be so pervasive nowadays.

Perhaps ‘clapped back’ was the wrong phrase since mumsy was taking a shot at the #metoo movement and feminists, not him. She used her son to make the point though. I’m sure she didn’t mean to humiliate him in front of all of his friends and the internet, but that was the outcome.
He set her straight.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 10 October 2018 - 01:33 PM

#13 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:16 PM

View Postusapatriot, on 09 October 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

It happens a lot more than 2-10% of the time. It has happened to me multiple times, just not as extreme as what happened to our new Justice on the Supreme Court. I was out with a bunch of co-workers at a bar years ago and one girl who's face only a mom could love (and a personality to match), came up to me and literally propositioned me and told me if I didn't sleep with her she would tell everyone at work I tried to seduce her. I told her no one would believe that I would want to seduce HER and walked away. Because of the toxic environment created by feminists and leftist radicals, she would most likely have tried lie about what happened to get me fired. As it was, she was VERY bitter and made working with her a hell on earth (thankfully, I was transferred a couple months later and never had to work with her again). Thank God I'm married and I don't have to worry about exactly what this mother is is concerned about for her son (notwithstanding her embellishment on the truth). Kavanaugh is just the latest fraud against white men...remember the slut who lied to get the Duke lacrosse team in trouble. The NY Times still says they did something wrong even after she admitted lying and the prosecutor got disbarred and fired. Always remember, Dumbocraps = hypocrites.

Saw a number of cases of this crap during my time with Uncle Sam in the 90's. I hope to God it's gotten better, but I doubt it.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users