RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: A lesson named Milwaukee(Gun violence) - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A lesson named Milwaukee(Gun violence) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:07 PM

When you think of cities with insane levels of murder and violence places like Chicago, Baltimore, and a host of others come to mind.
Perhaps because they garner headlines, perhaps because it's not uncommon for a dozen people to be shot over a weekend.
But here is one rub a lot of people are missing. City 'leaders' like to blame the neighboring states for the flow of Guns. Chief among them Wisconsin and their 'weak gun laws'. There is just one huge problem, Wisconsin doesn't have anywhere near the 'Gun Violence' problem that Chicago does.

Well, except for one city, Milwaukee. Which ironically is about 90 miles north of Chicago. And, has been Leftist run for many years know.
Again, though, if it is a gun laws issue why isn't the rest of the state experiencing the same as Milwaukee? If anything other parts of the state should be worse. Especially places such as Green Bay. After all we aren't called the gateway to the North for nothing. Lots and lots of hunters, target shooters and a very high percentage of households with multiple firearms. If it was a Gun issue then why the glaring differences?

In 2016 Wisconsin had a population of about 5.8 million. How is this relevant, read on.
Milwaukee had a population of about 595,000. So just a tick over %10 of the entire states population
Madison had a population of about 240,000. With Green Bay about 110,000.

Know for simplicity I am not including outlying areas because they are neither counted in city census nor crime stats.
The entire state of Wisconsin had 229 recorded murders for the Calendar year of 2016.

Know comes the big rub.
Green Bay recorded 4(not all with a firearm).
Madison had 8(not all with a fir
And.... Milwaukee had over 120 (nearly all with a firearm).

Wait a second, yes, you read that right.
Milwaukee despite making up about %10 of the states population accounted for over half the murders.

Know, I want everyone to just stop for a minute and let this sink in.
A city which accounts for about %10 of the entire states population somehow accounts for over half it's murders.
While the next two largest cities Madison and Green Bay account for about %4 of population(Madison) and about %2(Green Bay).
But but but but they must account for a good chunk of the murders your thinking... nope... 3&1/2 percent for Madison and 1.7 percent for Green Bay
A tick under there percent of the total states population.

Can someone please explain to me how Green Bay in particular with a very high number of LEGALLY ARMED residents is no where near the same level of murder and violence as Milwaukee? Come on, if it's a easy to get guns issue then shouldn't it be reversed? After all there are a number of area Gun shops right here in the city. I can name three that are literally in the city limits. One larger, and two smaller. Add a forth in as it's a very large one just on the other side of the road which is a go to for many. Hell, how come there hasn't been a single incident at the Fox River Mall in Appleton, shouldn't the presence of a large gun shop in the mall(Scheels) make it a more dangerous place to be?

Much less how come Green Bay had 0 recorded murders for 2017 and(knock on wood) 0 so far for 2018? Shouldn't we be right at the top of the list with our number of gun shops, loose state laws, and high number of armed to the teeth residents? Or maybe just maybe idiotic Constitution stifling Gun laws only make it harder for law abiding citizens to defend themselves and don't do a damn thing to stop criminals? Maybe just maybe the bulk of murders in Milwaukee are in fact between criminals who are of coarse not going to follow the law in the first damn place and will always find a way to kill each other? And, maybe just maybe the reason there is in fact less crime in cities like G.B. is because you have a high number of honest law abiding folk who are armed, will not hesitate to defend themselves and criminals know this so they tend to not be breaking into homes, not mugging people, and not causing trouble for fear of getting shot!

Ironic that the only businesses which tend to get robbed around here are the ones with certain signs out front!
Case in point.
Velp Avenue... one bank has a no firearms sign. The gas station convenience store right beside it does not. And, word is the owner is quite pro 2nd Amendment. Another chain Gas Station Convenience store has a no weapons sign at the door. A well known Tattoo shop has a couple signs at it's front door. One is cash only and the other is graphic of a very large handgun making it very clear their views on the 2nd Amendment and how would be robbers or evil doers will be dealt with. Give you two guess which stores have been robbed in recent years, at gun point no less.

Either way though, again, I want someone to tell me my if it's Wisconsin to weak Gun laws that are the cause for the carnage in Milwaukee and Chicago no less cities like Green Bay and Madison have no where near the level of problems, much less a city which makes up %10 of the states population accounts for over half it's murders.

Oh yeah... links

http://www.disasterc...ime/wicrime.htm

https://www.cityrati.../green-bay.html
http://www.city-data...-Wisconsin.html
http://www.city-data...-Wisconsin.html

Oki

#2 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:24 PM

:2up:

I've argued this a lot... and it reminds me of my one of my favorite memes:

Spoiler

#3 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:33 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 09 October 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

:2up:

I've argued this a lot... and it reminds me of my one of my favorite memes:

Spoiler

Just as it's easier to be a victim, it's easier to have a boogeyman to blame for your problems and failures then it is to admit them and take responsibility. Some food for though.

If it was a guns and poverty issue then why where the same poor neighborhoods far safer in the dark days of the depression then they are know?

Think about it, people where literally starving know we have obesity epidemics in the same areas.
Guns where actually easier to get, no background checks, no bans, no illegal for a felon to own a firearm(that happened in 1969).

If the belief that poverty and access to firearms are the true cause of the murder, violence and carnage then those days should have seen even more, not in fact far less.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users