RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: The Democrats Are Destroying Their Brand With False Narratives - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Democrats Are Destroying Their Brand With False Narratives Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:23 AM

The Democrats Are Destroying Their Brand With False Narratives

The Daily Caller
2:22 AM 01/12/2018
Eddie Zipperer | Political Science professor

excerpt:

The Democratic Party’s slogan for the 2018 midterms shouldn’t be the “Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future” bit they ripped from Papa John’s. That’s blatant false advertising. It’s like McDonald’s renaming their Big Mac the McHealthy Diet Burger. The 2018 midterms are almost upon us, and the Democrats need a slogan that really captures who they are. Something like, “Repent: The End is Near.” And instead of going door to door, their canvassers could walk up and down the street wearing sandwich boards bearing the new slogan. It’s prefect because that’s what the Democratic party has become — the party of apocalyptic rhetoric. The party of “disagreeing with us is the end of democracy.”

The Democrats and the mainstream media outlets who proliferate their narratives have become dependent on anti-Trump hyperbole. They’re attempting to portray Trump’s America as a Vonnegut-level dystopia of doom and gloom where the end of Democracy is simply a tweet away.

This is bottom-up narrative building where an audience demands apocalyptic, anti-Trump narratives, and that is precisely what they get. For the Democratic Party, the payoff is voter enthusiasm. They’ll have to show at the polls if every issue is an existential threat. For the mainstream media, the payoff is rating which lead to advertising dollars. Pump up the hyperbole, and the media that reports on the media will make you a rock star. It’s all about the headline verbs you score: “Mika Brzezinski tears into President Trump” (MSNBC) or “Morning Joe Slams Trump” (Mediaite).

This strategy may be effective in the short term, but there is a long term cost to this strategy of rampant Bravo Sierra.

Reality. Always. Wins.

*SNIP*

In the short term, Democrats and the mainstream media have profited off of fueling the anti-Trump, #resist hysteria. In the long run, their narratives are quickly unravelling, and their outrageousness is bringing warring factions of the GOP back together. When November arrives and we’re still apocalypse-free, what will Democrats have left to sell their voters?

LINK

#2 User is online   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:01 AM

They’ve been selling imminent climate apocalypse since the early 70s with no push back from their base. Sadly this article overestimates the attention span of liberals.

#3 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:13 AM

Right now they are selling outright hate, contempt, harassment, violence and sedition to their base. That's what.

#4 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:21 AM

View PostRock N, on 10 October 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

Right now they are selling outright hate, contempt, harassment, violence and sedition to their base. That's what.

This.

#5 User is offline   Currahee! 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:41 AM

And their base constitutes what percentage of the voting populace? Maybe 20-25% ... even in their best polls. That is not going to get you the House or the Senate.

My prediction--- Republicans increase their numbers in the House by 15 and in the Senate by 6.

My glass is more than half full.

What do I base this on . . . each Trump rally is larger than the last . . . and they are not held in the most populated places in the country . . . and the ever over sampling of Democrats in every poll.

One of the best books I ever read in college . . . "How to lie with statistics"

#6 User is offline   DJGoody 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:56 AM

View PostCurrahee!, on 10 October 2018 - 06:41 AM, said:

And their base constitutes what percentage of the voting populace? Maybe 20-25% ... even in their best polls. That is not going to get you the House or the Senate.

My prediction--- Republicans increase their numbers in the House by 15 and in the Senate by 6.

What do I base this on . . . each Trump rally is larger than the last . . . and they are not held in the most populated places in the country . . . and the ever over sampling of Democrats in every poll.

I hope you are right! I see the House flipping.

#7 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:49 AM

View PostCurrahee!, on 10 October 2018 - 06:41 AM, said:

That book was required reading in my statistics class, it's a classic. Unfortunately, while it's supposed to be educational so you don't get duped, most people I think use it for a how to manual. Including with the charts and graphs a certain poster is fond of using here.

#8 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

• Right is Right and Left is Sinister
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

View PostRock N, on 10 October 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

So you're saying it's nothing new...

#9 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

View PostGertie Keddle, on 10 October 2018 - 05:01 AM, said:

They’ve been selling imminent climate apocalypse since the early 70s with no push back from their base. Sadly this article overestimates the attention span of liberals.

Yet it's somehow continuing. If we're waiting around for push back from the base, we're all going to grow old and die before that happens. It's like climate apocalypse read more manufactured religion of the Left, it'll never happen.

#10 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:46 PM

View PostDJGoody, on 10 October 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

I hope you are right! I see the House flipping.

and I hope you are wrong. Personally, I've always viewed the House as the farm team for the Senate. Having had my perspective adjusted abit, in light of recent circus events. I once thought the Senate was the "serious half" I don't think that anymore, however.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users