RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Stuck on white privilege - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stuck on white privilege Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

Why are some people so stuck on white privilege? I think the fact that there is only white privilege. Yes, there is still racism, bigotry, prejudice, and ignorance in the our society, I wonder how the white privilege people really feel about black people. Interestingly enough, if white privilege is somehow true, then what about black people?

Many of us are poor, but we have been largely integrated, plus most of us are actually part of the upper and middle class. Things are not perfect for us as black people, but why are there so many of the college population are black. I went to school with fellow black students and a lot of the student population were young black men.

While it is sad but true many of the nations jails are filled with black people, but is it really true that most of us, (75%) are not in jail, especially young black men. It seems to me that the only bit of white privilege that we still have here in the United States are from the media and also the prison system. The white privilege from the media and some schools are clear.

I am a black American while there is discrimination against us as black people here but it is amazing how far we have come since over 100 years ago. However I am aware that there is still racism being faced in America everyday. On the other hand, sadly people of all races and colors have been abused from blacks in America and parts of Africa to Aborigines in Australia to Filipinos also being mistreated by the Japanese to white Jews in Europe to the people above. I am black and I am not sure there is a white privilege, at least in America nowadays.

That is all for now,.

This post has been edited by Diamond369: 10 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

#2 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostDiamond369, on 10 October 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

Why are some people so stuck on white privilege? I think the fact that there is only white privilege. Yes, there is still racism, bigotry, prejudice, and ignorance in the our society, I wonder how the white privilege people really feel about black people. Interestingly enough, if white privilege is somehow true, then what about black people?

Many of us are poor, but we have been largely integrated, plus most of us are actually part of the upper and middle class. Things are not perfect for us as black people, but why are there so many of the college population are black. I went to school with fellow black students and a lot of the student population were young black men.

While it is sad but true many of the nations jails are filled with black people, but is it really true that most of us, (75%) are not in jail, especially young black men. It seems to me that the only bit of white privilege that we still have here in the United States are from the media and also the prison system. The white privilege from the media and some schools are clear.

I am a black American while there is discrimination against us as black people here but it is amazing how far we have come since over 100 years ago. However I am aware that there is still racism being faced in America everyday. On the other hand, sadly people of all races and colors have been abused from blacks in America and parts of Africa to Aborigines in Australia to Filipinos also being mistreated by the Japanese to white Jews in Europe to the people above. I am black and I am not sure there is a white privilege, at least in America nowadays.

That is all for now,.

Well said. I have been in the South since 1961 and moving here from Ohio was a great culture shock. I was part of the desegregation of schools as a teacher and coach. Over the years the transformation of southern society in general has been incredible. On a daily basis I have interactions with Blacks of all ages, gender and economic status. The two things we have in common are our Faith and our love of country. It's amazing how often when I greet a Black person and say "how are you" they reply by saying "I am blessed". I always say something like "me too, it's a great country", that always brings a smile and a warm look.

While some people emphasize imagined differences the majority of all Americans just want to get on with our lives while getting along with everyone.

God bless you sister, ain't it a great country.

#3 User is offline   Bubbajoebob 

• M dwarf stars
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:16 PM

There still is racism. There probably is something like "white privilege", but nowhere near the extent people pushing it think there is. But a question I don't hear asked much is what ideas should be emphasized if we want to improve lives: Are black children helped by being told that the deck is stacked against them so if they don't succeed it's not their fault? Or would it help more to tell them that yes they probably will experience some problems because of the color of their skin, but it's much better now than it used to be and it's still improving, so if they finish school, get and keep a job, and don't have kids until they're married the odds are that they will have a comfortable life?

#4 User is offline   kestrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:38 PM

View PostCoach, on 10 October 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

Well said. I have been in the South since 1961 and moving here from Ohio was a great culture shock. I was part of the desegregation of schools as a teacher and coach. Over the years the transformation of southern society in general has been incredible. On a daily basis I have interactions with Blacks of all ages, gender and economic status. The two things we have in common are our Faith and our love of country. It's amazing how often when I greet a Black person and say "how are you" they reply by saying "I am blessed". I always say something like "me too, it's a great country", that always brings a smile and a warm look.

While some people emphasize imagined differences the majority of all Americans just want to get on with our lives while getting along with everyone.

God bless you sister, ain't it a great country.

Well said...both of you.

Kestrel...

#5 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:57 PM

I think the 'white privilege' idea is being pushed in order to make excuses for actions taken against 'whitey', and that it somehow justifies bad behavior, or discriminatory behavior, or even possibly as an excuse for underachieving since you now have someone to blame it on.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users