RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: White House to unveil federal cannabis reform - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

White House to unveil federal cannabis reform 'very soon,' says GOP lawmaker Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:49 AM

White House to unveil federal cannabis reform 'very soon,' says GOP lawmaker

FOXBusiness
By Hillary Vaughn
Published October 11, 2018

excerpt:

Trump hints he'll support lifting federal marijuana ban

Forbes Media Editor-in-Chief Steve Forbes on President Trump's comments that he would likely support efforts to ease the federal ban on marijuana.

The White House is planning on tackling cannabis reform after the midterm elections, according to Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif.

Rohrabacher tells FOX Business that the Trump administration has made a ďsolid commitmentĒ to fix marijuana regulation.

ďI have been talking to people inside the White House who know and inside the presidentís entourage... I have talked to them at length. I have been reassured that the president intends on keeping his campaign promise.Ē

Rohrabacher says the president has spoken in support of legalizing medical marijuana on the federal level Ė and leaving the question of recreational marijuana use up to the states.

*snip*

LINK

:thumbsup: (bold mine) This should've been done years ago.

This post has been edited by grimreefer: 11 October 2018 - 10:56 AM

#2 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:54 AM

Now THAT might cause sessions to quit...

#3 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:16 AM

Good.

#4 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:35 PM

Works for me. Take it off any drug schedule at all, no federal prohibition, let the states decide on a local level. And then take the question about it off the firearms background check questionnaire. Making it a Schedule I drug with heroin was always just insane.

Sessions head may just explode. If he quits over this that's just icing on the cake.

#5 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

I've got to quit fly by/scan reading. I thought it said, "White House to Unveil Federal Cannibals research."

#6 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:06 PM

I'm opposed. We don't need a nation of stoners.

YES, alcohol is legal but Cannabis isn't. So what?

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:52 PM

It's about freakin' time. This is one promise he'd better keep. This is LONG overdue.

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 11 October 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

You realize, I hope, that anybody who wants to smoke pot can already get it anytime they want, anywhere they are. There's nothing "difficult" about it. It's in every block of every neighborhood of every corner of America. From the tiniest towns to the biggest cities, there's nobody anywhere who wants to smoke marijuana but can't get it. So why would there suddenly be a "nation of stoners" after legalization?? People who want to smoke pot are already smoking it, and people who don't want to smoke pot aren't going to suddenly want to just because it's legal now.

Or at least, it used to be easy for anybody to get marijuana anytime anywhere, back before marijuana was legalized here in WA state. Fact is, after legalization, it's harder for kids to get it. Lemme explain:

Back when marijuana was still illegal here in WA state, obviously the only place to get marijuana was from a black market dealer. And equally obviously, black market dealers don't care who they sell it to. They don't ask for ID, LOL. If you had the cash, they'd sell you the pot. And that included underage kids.

But now that pot's legal and being sold at legally licensed state outlets, the price has been going steadily down (just as all of us who understood the subject predicted it would.) Legal pot is now much cheaper than it ever was when it was illegal, and the black market dealers simply can't compete. Why would you go to a black market dealer and pay $40 for something you can get for $15 at the legal store? So the overwhelming majority of black market dealers have either moved to another state (where it's still illegal), or gone out of business altogether. And that means there are far fewer places where underage kids can get marijuana because the legal stores DO demand ID.

I'm sure truly determined kids will still find some way to get what they want. They always do. I always did when I was a kid. But there's no denying it's now much more difficult for them than it ever used to be. Isn't that a good thing?

B)

#8 User is offline   donsaliman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:26 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 11 October 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

I have fibromyalgia and so far except for medical cannabis, no other medicine helped me like this, it does not make you high all it does is help the pain and help my sleep.

I am not an addict and do not get stoned.

Unless you suffer like me or others from chronic pain that goes with fibromyalgia, or pain from cancer, which I do not have, thank the lord, then don't prejudge us.

#9 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:54 PM

View Postdonsaliman, on 11 October 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

I have fibromyalgia and so far except for medical cannabis, no other medicine helped me like this, it does not make you high all it does is help the pain and help my sleep.

I am not an addict and do not get stoned.

Unless you suffer like me or others from chronic pain that goes with fibromyalgia, or pain from cancer, which I do not have, thank the lord, then don't prejudge us.

I think that's a very valid point, Don, and I'm sorry for your pain but glad that you're able to get some relief. Thousands and thousands of people have benefited from medical marijuana and are living much more comfortable lives because of it.

#10 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:10 AM

Yes, if it gets the Snowflake Sessions to resign, I support it 100%.

#11 User is online   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:00 AM

I am guessing this connects with Prison Reform too. How many people are in jail or have been jailed over pot? How many people violate probation/parole and get sent back to jail for pot? We make them take weekly/monthly urine tests where they have to expose their genitals to non-medical professionals who watch every drop of urine exit their genitals and check it to find any trace of drugs so we can throw them back in jail ($$$). The war on drugs should not have included cannabis, but it was just another level of control of the populace and/or a way to keep certain undesirables who are more frequently found with it incarcerated.

This post has been edited by Junto: 12 October 2018 - 08:04 AM

#12 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:16 AM

Iím also opposed to making marijuana legal to the general population just like alcohol, but I understand that Iím in the minority, and therefore I concede. Iím not at all bitter about it but at the same time Iím not at all confident that itíll turn out just fine. Of course, I may be wrong, but I prefer to be much more careful with all society-level one-way doors. (Roe v Wade was basically a one-way door. Iím obviously not equating these two topics as in any way morally equal. Iím only using RvW to illustrate what I mean by a one-way door.)

#13 User is offline   Vandervecken 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:50 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 11 October 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

It's about freakin' time. This is one promise he'd better keep. This is LONG overdue.

You realize, I hope, that anybody who wants to smoke pot can already get it anytime they want, anywhere they are. There's nothing "difficult" about it. It's in every block of every neighborhood of every corner of America. From the tiniest towns to the biggest cities, there's nobody anywhere who wants to smoke marijuana but can't get it. So why would there suddenly be a "nation of stoners" after legalization?? People who want to smoke pot are already smoking it, and people who don't want to smoke pot aren't going to suddenly want to just because it's legal now.

Or at least, it used to be easy for anybody to get marijuana anytime anywhere, back before marijuana was legalized here in WA state. Fact is, after legalization, it's harder for kids to get it. Lemme explain:

Back when marijuana was still illegal here in WA state, obviously the only place to get marijuana was from a black market dealer. And equally obviously, black market dealers don't care who they sell it to. They don't ask for ID, LOL. If you had the cash, they'd sell you the pot. And that included underage kids.

But now that pot's legal and being sold at legally licensed state outlets, the price has been going steadily down (just as all of us who understood the subject predicted it would.) Legal pot is now much cheaper than it ever was when it was illegal, and the black market dealers simply can't compete. Why would you go to a black market dealer and pay $40 for something you can get for $15 at the legal store? So the overwhelming majority of black market dealers have either moved to another state (where it's still illegal), or gone out of business altogether. And that means there are far fewer places where underage kids can get marijuana because the legal stores DO demand ID.

I'm sure truly determined kids will still find some way to get what they want. They always do. I always did when I was a kid. But there's no denying it's now much more difficult for them than it ever used to be. Isn't that a good thing?

B)

ok MP, I am curious now--has there been a correlating reduction in gang-related activity as well? That would be very interesting.

#14 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:59 AM

Dean Adam Smithee, on 11 October 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Though I do think adults should have the freedom to make choices about what they ingest, I share your concerns. A nation of blazed up zombies is nothing I want to see either.
Maybe we could have a period of monitoring it like an experiment, and pull back if it goes sideways.

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:10 AM

View PostVandervecken, on 12 October 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

ok MP, I am curious now--has there been a correlating reduction in gang-related activity as well? That would be very interesting.

I don't know; I haven't seen any stats on that issue, one way or the other. I take it you're referring specifically to marijuana-smuggling gangs, and not just "gangs" in general, including those whose activities are completely unrelated to marijuana.

If so it should probably be pointed out that here in WA state there never was much marijuana-related gang activity anyway, because the stuff grown right here in independent growing operations by private individuals is the very best there is, bar none. PacNW marijuana is famous throughout the world. Therefore there just wasn't any market for the lower-grade crap they grow elsewhere. Why go to all the trouble and expense and legal risk of smuggling in a bunch of crappy pot grown somewhere else when nobody's gonna buy it anyway? It'd be sorta like going to a lot of trouble, expense and risk to smuggle crappy McDonald's hamburgers into a top-grade world-famous five-star steakhouse. Why bother? Nobody's gonna buy them.

B)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users