RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Powell: Trump Changed 'We The People' To 'Me The President - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Powell: Trump Changed 'We The People' To 'Me The President Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:23 AM

Colin Powell: Trump Has Changed 'We The People' To 'Me The President'
HuffPost
Mary Papenfuss
October 8, 2018
Yahoo News

<More Here>

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell scorched President Donald Trump on Sunday for placing himself ― rather than the American people ― at the center of the nation.

"My favorite three words in our Constitution are the first three words: 'We the People,'" Powell said on Fareed Zakaria's "GPS" on Sunday. "But recently, it's become 'Me the President' as opposed to 'We the People.' And you see things that should not be happening."

Powell criticized Trump for "insulting everybody," from world leaders to blacks to immigrants to women, and for calling the media the "enemy of the people."

"How can a president of the United States get up and say that the media is the enemy of Americans? Hasn't he read the First Amendment? You're not supposed to like everything the press says or what anyone says in the First Amendment, that's why we have a First Amendment, to protect that kind of speech," Powell said.

(snip)

<More Here>

This post has been edited by MTP Reggie: 12 October 2018 - 09:23 AM

#2 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:29 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 12 October 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

Colin Powell: Trump Has Changed 'We The People' To 'Me The President'
HuffPost
Mary Papenfuss
October 8, 2018
Yahoo News

<More Here>

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell scorched President Donald Trump on Sunday for placing himself ― rather than the American people ― at the center of the nation.

"My favorite three words in our Constitution are the first three words: 'We the People,'" Powell said on Fareed Zakaria's "GPS" on Sunday. "But recently, it's become 'Me the President' as opposed to 'We the People.' And you see things that should not be happening."

Powell criticized Trump for "insulting everybody," from world leaders to blacks to immigrants to women, and for calling the media the "enemy of the people."

"How can a president of the United States get up and say that the media is the enemy of Americans? Hasn't he read the First Amendment? You're not supposed to like everything the press says or what anyone says in the First Amendment, that's why we have a First Amendment, to protect that kind of speech," Powell said.

(snip)

<More Here>

Can’t these people just stay retired?

A political General. A Sec State if an establishment GOP president who was anything but conservative.

He hasn’t said the media should be banned and the 1st Amendment doesn’t say you can’t call them on their BS.

General, it is people like you that led to Trump.

#3 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:30 AM

With all due respect, General Powell, just because you wouldn't fight back when the media besmirched you doesn't mean that others should lie down and take it.

#4 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

FLASHBACK: ‘I,’ ‘Me,’ ‘My’—Obama Uses First Person Singular 199 Times

‘I,’ ‘Me’—Obama Uses First-Person Pronoun 117 Times in 1 Speech

So How Many Times Did Obama Refer To Himself In Speech About Hillary? You Won't Believe It.

#5 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:48 AM

I doubt Obama was writing most, if hardly any of his speeches. I think his speech writers knew they had to word them like that because of how narcissistic he was.

#6 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:50 AM

How is the statement “the fake media are an enemy of the people” in any way an assault on their first amendment right?

Trump hasn’t taken any ACTION against the fake media except use HIS first amendment right. It’s a war of words only - exactly what the first amendment allows. Powell is a douchebag on this.

#7 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:02 AM

Nah. I'll still stick with actual results and policies that have benefited the entire country rather than listen to some pontificating nevertrumper regurgitating leftist talking points while being interviewed by a preening jackass. Thanks anyway, though... and thank you for your service. :salute:

#8 User is online   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:24 AM

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but c'mon!! Words?! Good grief!!

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:49 AM

Powell criticized Trump for "insulting everybody," from world leaders to blacks to immigrants to women...

That's just an outright lie. Sure, when some specific person deserves no better than insults, Trump isn't bashful about insulting them. But any suggestion he just wantonly insults "everybody" with or without valid reason is pure horsesh*t.

...and for calling the media the "enemy of the people."

"How can a president of the United States get up and say that the media is the enemy of Americans? Hasn't he read the First Amendment?

Clearly it's Powell who hasn't bothered to read the first amendment. Presidents are allowed to exercise their right to free speech just like everybody else.

And in any case, Trump's telling the truth about the overwhelming majority of media: They are the enemies of honest, objective, free-thinking, liberty-loving Americans.

You're not supposed to like everything the press says or what anyone says in the First Amendment, that's why we have a First Amendment, to protect that kind of speech," Powell said.

It's not merely a matter of "liking" (or "disliking") "everything" the media says, it's a matter of the deliberate slander constantly being served up by the media, and Trump's right to publicly call them on it.

B)

#10 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:07 AM

Cram it, Colon Blow.

#11 User is offline   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:12 AM

View PostJunto, on 12 October 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

I doubt Obama was writing most, if hardly any of his speeches. I think his speech writers knew they had to word them like that because of how narcissistic he was.

The prepared speeches were mild compared to when he speaks without a Teleprompter.

#12 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:18 AM

View PostCensport, on 12 October 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

The prepared speeches were mild compared to when he speaks without a Teleprompter.

Well, in obama's defense, counting each 'I' when he stutters isn't really accurate...

#13 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:25 AM

Isn't Powell, by basically saying that POTUS CANNOT say anything 'bad' about the media, infringing on POTUS freedom of speech?
Or doesn't that matter to the 'Republican' who votes skin color.

#14 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:41 AM

Powell a once admirable man now just a useful idiot.

#15 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:35 PM

He couldn't carry Stormin Norman's jock.

#16 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

Colon has become a raging disappointment and his latest statement underscores that he's lost any kind of credibility.

He needs to remain in obscurity, where his lack of courage put him, sad to say.

#17 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:06 PM

View Postsatellite66, on 12 October 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Powell a once admirable man now just a useful idiot.

I once had a lot of respect for him but since he sold himself out, not so much.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users