RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Black Republican Threatened With Gun While Volunteering At Polls - RightNation.US

Black Republican Threatened With Gun While Volunteering At Polls Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:01 AM

Black Republican Threatened With Gun While Volunteering At Polls

https://www.teaparty.org
OCTOBER 27, 2018

https://www.teaparty.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Screen-Shot-2018-10-24-at-7.15.35-PM.png

Article:

A black Republican volunteer was intimidated by violent thugs with a handgun while racial slurs were hurled at him during a volunteering session at a polling station in Charlotte, North Carolina on Wednesday.

“Down here in Steele Creek working the polls just threatened by two white males in [sic] a white female who called me a N*****, Black piece of s*** and exposed his weapon,” said Derek L. Partee on Facebook. “I had to back off and call CMPD, folks are getting bold and forward in the time.”

Short Story

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:49 PM

Sounds like a racial incident. They didn't yell anything about politics.

#3 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

View PostLadybird, on 28 October 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

Sounds like a racial incident. They didn't yell anything about politics.

:rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 28 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

#4 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:26 PM

View PostRock N, on 28 October 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

:rolleyes:

3 white thugs in North Carolina yell racial slurs at a black man, with one displaying his gun, and this is supposedly about his politics?

Yeah, that makes sense. :whistling:

#5 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

I'd be cautious with this one.

Yes, one guy has a gun in a holster - "Open Carry" which is legal in NC - but isn't even touching it or "brandishing" it.

If the author and/or y'all want to consider (mere) "open carry" as "Threatened With Gun" (Per the headline) then all I can say is: Be DAMNED careful about what you wish for.

You just might get it.

#6 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:16 PM

Just some info the article left out.

Mr. Partee is a retired Long Island detective. He noticed the racist earlier, in what I would call, casing the polling station (taking pics and vid). Strange.

The racist was carrying a BB gun and, I believe, a convicted felon. He lifted his shirt to expose the holstered BB gun to try and intimidate Mr. Partee. He was arrested and is facing some serious charges.

Police Arrest Man Who Allegedly Harassed And Threatened Black GOP Campaign Volunteer

Other articles are claiming that the Punisher t-shirt is a white supremacist symbol. First I've heard of this. I have a few Punisher t-shirts because I was a fan of the comic. Now I'm going to be labeled as a white supremecist? GTFO. :verymad:

This post has been edited by grimreefer: 28 October 2018 - 04:18 PM

#7 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:27 PM

View Postgrimreefer, on 28 October 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Other articles are claiming that the Punisher t-shirt is a white supremacist symbol. First I've heard of this. I have a few Punisher t-shirts because I was a fan of the comic. Now I'm going to be labeled as a white supremecist? GTFO. :verymad:

WTF?

Like seriously?

#8 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:40 PM

View PostLadybird, on 28 October 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

3 white thugs in North Carolina yell racial slurs at a black man, with one displaying his gun, and this is supposedly about his politics?

Yeah, that makes sense. :whistling:

Your selective obtuseness at work yet again.

Always giving criminal thugs the benefit of a doubt.

#9 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:45 PM

Mr. Partee is a retired Long Island detective. He noticed the racist earlier, in what I would call, casing the polling station (taking pics and vid). Strange.

The racist was carrying a BB gun and, I believe, a convicted felon. He lifted his shirt to expose the holstered BB gun to try and intimidate Mr. Partee. He was arrested and is facing some serious charges.

Police Arrest Man Who Allegedly Harassed And Threatened Black GOP Campaign Volunteer

If I ever complete my law degree I would generally lean more to "prosecution" than "defense" (I generally side with LEOs more than with crooks), but even *I* could put on a plausible defense.

"He was merely adjusting his shirt and the gun became incidentally exposed". I dunno about NC, but in FL that's legally a valid defense.

BB Gun makes it a sticky question, in CCW terms. That he exposed it means it was previously concealed. Had it been a 'real' firearm, that would would be problematic if he wasn't CCW licensed. I'm just not sure where a BB gun stands.

Not familar with "Punisher". Sounds like a good name for a metal band. Or for someone who gets paid $150 or so for dressing up like a nun for a 45 minute session.

(Heck, I used to get it for "free" as a schoolkid. Now it costs good money.)

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 28 October 2018 - 04:48 PM

#10 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:00 PM

Only if you're screaming racial slurs while wearing one.

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:21 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 28 October 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Not familar with "Punisher". Sounds like a good name for a metal band. Or for someone who gets paid $150 or so for dressing up like a nun for a 45 minute session.

(Heck, I used to get it for "free" as a schoolkid. Now it costs good money.)

We have an occasional poster right here at RN called "The Punisher"

(Though I admit I haven't seen him post recently.)

B)

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:34 PM

Link

Roommate of man accused of slurring poll worker says incident has been ‘over-hyped’

By Michael Gordon

mgordon@charlotteobserver.com

October 26, 2018 05:56 PM

Updated October 26, 2018 05:56 PM

Excerpt:
<snip>

Partee, a retired New York police detective, says he was working outside the Steele Creek polling site on Wednesday afternoon when his confrontation with Wayne took place.

Partee, who is African American, said a man was photographing voters from a car parked outside the site. When Partee approached to get a picture of the car’s license plate, he said he was confronted by two men and a woman.

One of them, believed to be Wayne, racially slurred Partee and showed him a gun he had in a holster on his hip, Partee says.

“He (the man with the camera) said something about being a Republican, I said I am a Republican, he said ‘Motherf***** you ain’t s***,’” Partee told the (Raleigh) News & Observer.

“They didn’t care whether I was a Democrat or a Republican, they just cared that I was black.”

On Friday, Wayne’s initial appearance included an unusual interaction between the judge and Alan McHone.

<snip>

#13 User is offline   The Punisher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:29 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 28 October 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

That's me. I don't post much because i don't think anyone is really interested in what i have to say. I read a lot here of what's going on in this country and usually I'm at a complete loss for words.
My name here is from The Punisher movies. Payback movies are my favorites and nobody did it better than Frank Castle.
I'll try to post more if i think i have anything helpfull to add to the discussion.
BTW, thanks for rememnering me.💀

B)

#14 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:37 PM

That's me. I don't post much because i don't think anyone is really interested in what i have to say. I read a lot here of what's going on in this country and usually I'm at a complete loss for words.
My name here is from The Punisher movies. Payback movies are my favorites and nobody did it better than Frank Castle.
I'll try to post more if i think i have anything helpfull to add to the discussion.
BTW, thanks for rememnering me.💀

Hey, you can't presume nobody cares just because people don't always respond.

:2up:

#15 User is offline   The Punisher 

• <no title>

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:39 PM

B)

That's me. I don't post much because i feel most really don't care what i have to say.
I read a lot here of what's going on in this world and am at a complete loss for words by the stupidity.
My name here is from The Punisher movies. Paybacks are my favorites and nobody did it better than Frank Castle.
I'll try to post more if i think i have anything constructive or useful to add to the discussion.

ps. Thanks for remembering me. 💀

#16 User is offline   The Punisher 

• <no title>

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

B)

That's me. I don't post much because i feel most really don't care what i have to say.
I read a lot here of what's going on in this world and am at a loss for words.
My name here is from The Punisher movies. Paybacks are my favorites and nobody did it better than Frank Castle.
I'll try to post more if i think i have anything constructive or useful to add to the discussion.

#17 User is offline   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:18 PM

You know how it is with the Left. Anything can be a "white supremacist symbol" whenever it's convenient for them. Just as we learned from the Kavanaugh confirmation that the "OK' hand gesture is a "white supremacy symbol" only when it is used by people the Left hates.

#18 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:16 AM

View PostThe Punisher, on 28 October 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

I read a lot here of what's going on in this world and am at a loss for words.

I don't know if you saw my post #14, so I'll repeat:

You mustn't presume nobody cares just because people don't always respond.

#19 User is offline   The Punisher 

• <no title>

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:26 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 29 October 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

I don't know if you saw my post #14, so I'll repeat:

You mustn't presume nobody cares just because people don't always respond.

Saw it with my own two eyes.👀

And another reason i don't post much as you can see is I'm not very good at it. Maybe if i posted more I'd get better.😊

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:32 AM

View PostThe Punisher, on 29 October 2018 - 12:26 AM, said:

Saw it with my own two eyes.👀

And another reason i don't post much as you can see is I'm not very good at it. Maybe if i posted more I'd get better.😊

Practice makes perfect!

:D

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users