RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Democrats Icy On Hillary Clinton's 2020 Wish: 'It Is Time For - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Democrats Icy On Hillary Clinton's 2020 Wish: 'It Is Time For A Change' Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:54 PM

Democrats Icy On Hillary Clinton's 2020 Wish: 'It Is Time For A Change'

Washington Examiner
by Robert Donachie
October 29, 2018 05:19 PM

Excerpt:

Top Democrats have reacted with a distinct coolness to the notion that defeated 2016 nominee Hillary Clinton could have another tilt at Donald Trump.

"I don’t think she is seriously thinking about it," said Joe Trippi, who ran Howard Dean's groundbreaking 2004 presidential campaign.

Celinda Lake, a veteran pollster who enthusiastically backed Clinton two years ago said that for most voters she represented the "status quo" when change was needed. Should she run? "I don’t think that would be a good idea," Lake responded.

Democratic strategists were caught off guard and reacted with an inward groan when Clinton said over the weekend that she would "like to be president." Those comments came just days after her former top aide Philippe Reines laid out a rationale for Clinton 2020: "She’s younger than Donald Trump by a year. She’s younger than Joe Biden by four years ... She had 65 million people vote for her [in 2016].”

Around 30 Democrats are at least flirting with running, and Trippi said that unlike the 2016 Democratic coronation the 2020 race for the party's nomination would be wide open. "Whether it is Rep. Seth Moulton [D-Mass.], [Howard] Schultz from Starbucks or [Michael] Bloomberg ... there is an entire group. Biden, of course.

"Look, frankly just like with Trump [in the Republican primary], 19 percent could win some of these early states. That means anybody could lock the Democratic nomination," Trippi said.

Lake suggested that Democratic voters would feel once bitten twice shy. "Look, I am a great admirer of Hillary but I don’t think that would be a good idea," she said. "I think that Donald Trump was more successful in defining her than she was defining herself," Celinda Lake, a leading Democratic Party strategist, told the Washington Examiner. "The only way to win is to be change and she remains in voters' minds as the status quo. It is time for a change."

Clinton is encouraging the rumors — perhaps in an attempt to remain relevant — telling Recode this weekend that she would still like to be president and has the credentials for the job.

"Well, I’d like to be president. I think, hopefully, when we have a Democrat in the Oval Office in January of 2021, there’s going to be so much work to be done," Clinton said. "I mean we have confused everybody in the world, including ourselves.

"We have confused our friends and our enemies. They have no idea what the United States stands for, what we’re likely to do, what we think is important, so the work would be work that I feel very well prepared for having been at the Senate for eight years, having been a diplomat in the State Department, and it’s just going to be a lot of heavy lifting."

The consensus among Democratic strategists who spoke to the Washington Examiner is that the party needs new blood in 2020 and has many other options without a frontrunner for the nomination with the last name Clinton, as happened in 1992, 1996, 2008, and 2016.

Other prospects include Biden, sitting senators, like Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass, members of the business community, and others outside the beltway, like attorney Michael Avenatti.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:05 PM

View PostLiz, on 29 October 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

Other prospects include Biden, sitting senators, like Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass, members of the business community, and others outside the beltway, like attorney Michael Avenatti.

It's the bar scene from the first Star Wars :D

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 29 October 2018 - 07:05 PM

#3 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

• Right is Right and Left is Sinister

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:26 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 29 October 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

I nearly snorted a bottle of water reading that, HH. awesome analogy.

#4 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

They are just not that into you Hil-Dog.

#5 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:40 PM

“Icy” or not, they better get used to it because she WILL run.

#6 User is offline   Mr. Naron 

• But you're not as confused as Nigel, are you?
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:09 PM

Someone will have to come out of nowhere like Bill or Barack. And they’ll have to sucker enough moderates and low-infos that they’re a centrist.

That’s growing increasingly difficult to do given Trump’s exposure of the media and the inability of the current political class to deliver prosperity.

#7 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 29 October 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

"We have confused our friends and our enemies. They have no idea what the United States stands for, what we’re likely to do, what we think is important, so the work would be work that I feel very well prepared for having been at the Senate for eight years, having been a diplomat in the State Department, and it’s just going to be a lot of heavy lifting."

Well, *I'm* not "confused". I know what the US stands for. Personally, I couldn't care less what our frenemies or flagrant enemies think or how confused they are. Kindly allow them all to park it on the clueless and confused couch right next to dumpy old walrus Hil lardass. Poor confused imbecile. What we're likely to do is call the confused exactly what they are (which isn't fit to put into print,here) and if we're lucky, teach them how to become UN confused. We're also likely to eventually nail her career criminal, tacky, polyester pant-suited fat ass to the nearest wall. Greased pig that she is. Her day is coming. But I don't think it'll be the day she stuffs her wholesale corruption and malfeasance into the Oval Office.

I'm afraid this tired, washed out, haggard old b!tch is just too afraid to die, like RBG, Pelosi, or dead Ted K was. Already knowing what's waiting just on the other side. I know I certainly wouldn't want to roll the dice on that Judgement call. Heaven certainly doesn't want her and Hell's afraid she'll takeover. So, for the time being, I suppose we'll just have to endure her pitifully desperate attempts to remain relevant.

What a pity that she's missed the brass ring and came up snake eyes, twice. The "confused" Left never seems to learn.

File it under: just desserts, honeygirl. Nobody who matters wants you anymore. :tongue2:

#8 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:56 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 29 October 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

Interestingly enough, titled A New Hope.

#9 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:06 AM

"She’s younger than Donald Trump by a year. She’s younger than Joe Biden by four years ...

And look at the over all health of each. Both men seem far healthier than this woman does. It's not just the years, honey, it's the milage.

#10 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:28 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 29 October 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

Taggart:

How'd the check out go?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users