RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: NYT Makes Changes To Election Needle - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NYT Makes Changes To Election Needle So Readers Won’t Get Upset Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:03 AM

NYT Makes Changes To Election Needle So Readers Won’t Get Upset

The Daily Caller
6:18 PM 11/05/2018 | Elections
Chris White | Energy Reporter

excerpt:

The New York Times is changing a voting data graphic that many readers claim led them to falsely believe then-candidate Donald Trump would lose the 2016 presidential election in a landslide.

TheNYT is working to avoid triggering panic attacks among people who felt the election needle duped them into believing former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would easily win. The needle supposedly created confusion between real-life election data and flawed predictive polling.

“Until we get a sufficient sampling of early results to make that model meaningful, we won’t even surface the needle,” Managing Editor Joe Kahn told Vanity Fair’s Joe Pompeo Monday. There will now be two needles – one for the House and one for the Senate – and neither will be placed high up on the front page, he said.

“People have expressed a concern that even though our real-time election model is extremely valuable, that despite that, we should still be very cautious about featuring the needle prominently in our coverage on Election Night—not because we’re not confident in it, but because certain readers may have a nervous reaction to the re-introduction of the needle,” he added.

TheNYT’s needle initially showed Clinton with an 85 percent chance of victory, but then the needle began lurching toward Trump, one editor told Pompeo. “[Y]ou could tell who was watching, because they were the ones who started getting distraught … There were people crying in the newsroom that night,” the person said.

*snip*

LINK

:dramaqueen: :tantrum: :rofl: :rofl:

Adult sized toddlers. :nuts:

#2 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:08 AM

#3 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:10 AM

I was watching Alton Brown (Good Eats) last night and an ad for the New York Times newest Trump expose came on. Since I hadn't taped the show I couldn't zip through the ad. It was so repulsive I taped the remaining show and turned off the set.

Rhetorical question: How many exposes (?) did the Times do on Clinton, or Obama?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users