RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: It’s Not Just Machines Replacing Teenagers - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It’s Not Just Machines Replacing Teenagers At Fast Food Restaurants Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:21 AM

It’s Not Just Machines Replacing Teenagers At Fast Food Restaurants

Kids today, am I right?

The Daily Wire
Ashe Schow
November 5, 2018

excerpt:

While a push for higher wages for low-skill work has led some fast-food restaurants to begin installing kiosks to replace cashiers, another issue is causing teenagers to lose out on first-time jobs: A terrible work ethic.

Bloomberg reports that senior citizens are now taking jobs that traditionally went to teenagers — flipping burgers and waiting tables at dining chains and fast-food restaurants. Senior citizens are actually being recruited for these jobs because they’re more reliable than teenagers today.

“Restaurants are recruiting in senior centers and churches. They’re placing want ads on the website of AARP, an advocacy group for Americans over 50,” Bloomberg reported. “Recruiters say older workers have soft skills—a friendly demeanor, punctuality—that their younger cohorts sometimes lack.”

It’s not just that kids today aren’t hard working (and that doesn’t apply to ALL teenagers, obviously), the change in who’s working is also the result of a labor shortage and seniors who are bored with retirement.

Bloomberg spoke to Stevenson Williams, the 63-year-old manager at a Church’s Chicken in North Charleston, SC, who said he just couldn’t sit around anymore and decided to get a job.

“It’s fun for a while, not getting up, not having to punch a clock, not having to get out of bed and grind every day,” he said. “But after working all your life, sitting around got old. There’s only so many trips to Walmart you can take. I just enjoy Church’s Chicken. I enjoy the atmosphere, I enjoy the people.”

*snip*

LINK

I've definitely noticed a worsening work ethic in a lot of the young engineers, mates and entry level personnel being hired.

And as far as Mr. Williams goes... more power to him but in 5 years, 7 months and 22 days I will most definitely not just be sitting around with trips to Wal-Mart being the height of my week. :chili:

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:05 AM

McDonalds as my first and last job?

Nah..

#3 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:09 AM

The "Fight for 15" bowel movement is just asking for it.

#4 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:19 AM

I understand the feeling. I retired as I was no longer able to do the time on my feet to do my job (car sales) properly. I retired and had projects lined up to do. It got boring after awhile so I took a job as a part-time teller at a small bank that specializes in high yield CDs mainly to senior citizens. They were recruiting seniors as younger people were undependable and got impatient with older customers. I am enjoying the work and have learned a lot about how the financial system works. Retirement read better than it lived! :2cents:

#5 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:54 AM

I liked Jeff Dunham's Walter character describing his job as a Walmart Greeter. "Welcome to Walmart, get your s**t and get out!"

#6 User is offline   usapatriot 

• <no title>

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:51 PM

View Postgrimreefer, on 06 November 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

I've definitely noticed a worsening work ethic in a lot of the young engineers, mates and entry level personnel being hired.

And as far as Mr. Williams goes... more power to him but in 5 years, 7 months and 22 days I will most definitely not just be sitting around with trips to Wal-Mart being the height of my week. :chili:

How many minutes? :no:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users