RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Hollywood Conservatives hide politics to avoid being blacklisted - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hollywood Conservatives hide politics to avoid being blacklisted Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:21 AM

Hollywood conservatives say more stars stay quiet to avoid public backlash, being blacklisted
Fox News
Stephanie Nolasco
November 6, 2018

Celebrated singer and actor Pat Boone noted in a recent interview that conservative stars in Hollywood are wary of publicly discussing their personal politics for fear of public backlash.

“There used to be more of us,” the 84-year-old told The Hollywood Reporter Monday. “Tom Selleck, Jon Voight, Bruce Willis, who were outspoken, but they’ve been browbeaten and ridiculed, which is the main instrument on the left to shut us up.”

But Boone, who sold 45 million records in the ‘50s and ‘60s, told the magazine that he refuses to pipe down. In fact, he has made robocalls on behalf of John Cox for California governor as well as for representatives Dana Rohrabacher, also of California, and Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee.

“We need a proven leader, a businessman in charge of California’s business, as we had before, in our best days,” Boone says in the robocall for Cox. “Yup. In the mold of Ronald Reagan.”

Rohrabacher told The Hollywood Reporter Boone’s willingness to speak out has decisively strengthened his run.

“If I win in a squeaker, Pat Boone will have made the difference,” he said. “I’m being outspent 10-1 because of billionaire leftists, but I’d rather have Pat. He’s the most beloved Hollywood figure over 60 years old. He’s trustworthy. He gives me credibility with that demographic.”

In June, former “Home Improvement” child star Zachery Ty Bryan told “Fox & Friends” that many would be surprised to learn of the amount of anonymous conservative celebrities that don’t talk much about their stance.

Story

Fascism is alive and well in Tinseltown.

#2 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:35 AM

Don't ask, don't tell. :ph34r:

#3 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

View PostLongKnife, on 06 November 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

Hollywood conservatives say more stars stay quiet to avoid public backlash, being blacklisted
Fox News
Stephanie Nolasco
November 6, 2018

Celebrated singer and actor Pat Boone noted in a recent interview that conservative stars in Hollywood are wary of publicly discussing their personal politics for fear of public backlash.

“There used to be more of us,” the 84-year-old told The Hollywood Reporter Monday. “Tom Selleck, Jon Voight, Bruce Willis, who were outspoken, but they’ve been browbeaten and ridiculed, which is the main instrument on the left to shut us up.”

But Boone, who sold 45 million records in the ‘50s and ‘60s, told the magazine that he refuses to pipe down. In fact, he has made robocalls on behalf of John Cox for California governor as well as for representatives Dana Rohrabacher, also of California, and Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee.

“We need a proven leader, a businessman in charge of California’s business, as we had before, in our best days,” Boone says in the robocall for Cox. “Yup. In the mold of Ronald Reagan.”

Rohrabacher told The Hollywood Reporter Boone’s willingness to speak out has decisively strengthened his run.

“If I win in a squeaker, Pat Boone will have made the difference,” he said. “I’m being outspent 10-1 because of billionaire leftists, but I’d rather have Pat. He’s the most beloved Hollywood figure over 60 years old. He’s trustworthy. He gives me credibility with that demographic.”

In June, former “Home Improvement” child star Zachery Ty Bryan told “Fox & Friends” that many would be surprised to learn of the amount of anonymous conservative celebrities that don’t talk much about their stance.

Story

Fascism is alive and well in Tinseltown.

Why do you think I'm always Ticked at them? :whistling:

#4 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:25 PM

Brad Taylor and Bo Duke are conservatives. Didn't know that!

#5 User is offline   spt 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

View PostRedSoloCup, on 06 November 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

Brad Taylor and Bo Duke are conservatives. Didn't know that!

So is Superman (Dean Cain)

#6 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:01 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 06 November 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Why do you think I'm always Ticked at them? :whistling:

And we wouldn't want to see you any other way! :hug:

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 06 November 2018 - 04:01 PM

#7 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:22 PM

View PostRock N, on 06 November 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

And we wouldn't want to see you any other way! :hug:

:high5:

Oh, and Antonio Sabato, Jr. was running on the Republican ticket for the election today. Unfortunately, he wasn't in my district so I couldn't vote for him, but I woulda!!!

#8 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:48 PM

View Postspt, on 06 November 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Dean Cain's Superman was before DC went full leftard. I have the new seasons of The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Black Lightning on my DVR but am wary of watching. Supergirl is just drivel. Ironically, I have yet to watch Green Arrow and that's the show that started it all.

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:07 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 06 November 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

Dean Cain's Superman was before DC went full leftard. I have the new seasons of The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Black Lightning on my DVR but am wary of watching. Supergirl is just drivel. Ironically, I have yet to watch Green Arrow and that's the show that started it all.

I thought Batman (1966-1968) started it all.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTkzNDY5NTg5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI4NzM1MjE@._V1_UY268_CR13,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Biff! Pow! Wham!

;)

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:10 PM

No wait! It was Superman in the 1950s:

https://www.horreur.net/sites/default/files/styles/principale/public/upload/superman_george_reeves_aff.jpg

#11 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:17 PM

They talk like hippies and act like the mafia.

The only line I remember from the Law & Order TV show, and the character was talking about L.A./Hollywood.

#12 User is offline   kestrel 

• <no title>

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:44 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 06 November 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

https://www.horreur.net/sites/default/files/styles/principale/public/upload/superman_george_reeves_aff.jpg

Brings back a few memories..I remember watching Superman (and everything else) in black and white..with rabbit ears and Dad always messing with the antennae..

Kestrel...

#13 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:53 PM

View Postkestrel, on 06 November 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

Brings back a few memories..I remember watching Superman (and everything else) in black and white..with rabbit ears and Dad always messing with the antennae..

Kestrel...

Yup, LOL! I had to climb up on the roof while my dad would be hollering out the window:

"Push it the other way...Yeah, that's better...no wait, that's too far, push it back..."

:hairpull:

#14 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:14 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 06 November 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Wow... He sure had an ignominious Hollywood end. So much for being the Man of Steel...

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:19 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 06 November 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

Wow... He sure had an ignominious Hollywood end. So much for being the Man of Steel...

Yup. Not exactly the "hero"-type after all.

:confused:

#16 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:53 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 06 November 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

Yup. Not exactly the "hero"-type after all.

:confused:

See what happens when you think with your little head?

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:07 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 07 November 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

See what happens when you think with your little head?

But every man does.

B)

#18 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• View blog

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:50 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 07 November 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

But every man does.

B)

STOP IT.

#19 User is offline   Mrdirt73 

• Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up.
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

I really liked the first 2 or 3 seasons of Arrow. I got tired of the Flash pretty quickly since the solution to every problem was "run faster". Never gave the others a chance. I grew up a Marvel guy, so outside of Batman and Superman I didn't really know any of the DC heroes and therefore had no real emotional investment in them going in.

#20 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:49 PM

View Postspt, on 06 November 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Yeah,I knew that too.

:yeahthat:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users