RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: High school security guard dealt cocaine during class hours, cops say - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

High school security guard dealt cocaine during class hours, cops say Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:44 AM

High school security guard dealt cocaine during class hours, cops say
The Miami Herald - David Ovalle - link

<TSTE>

A security guard at Felix Varela High in West Kendall dealt cocaine and marijuana while in his employee uniform and during school hours, authorities say.

Jamie Green, 43, was booked into a Miami-Dade jail early Tuesday charged with multiple counts of cocaine and marijuana dealing. Investigators believe he was doing drug deals at a gas station near the school during classes. He is not accused of dealing directly to students, although investigators are still exploring the possibility.

Miami-Dade detectives raided his South Miami-Dade home and found nearly 30 grams of cocaine, 790 grams of marijuana and more than $2,000 cash.

The month long undercover investigation was conducted by detectives from Miami-Dade's narcotics bureau and the Hammocks district station, along with the State Attorney's Office. Green is a Miami-Dade schools employee.

A confidential informant working with police detectives made a series of undercover buys from Green in October, all as undercover detectives watched from afar, according to a search warrant. On Monday, detectives following Green in his car saw him make a suspected cocaine sale to a man named Alberto Ferro.

When detectives walked up to arrest Green, he tried to reverse his car and escape, then swallow drugs, according to the search warrant. His customer told police that he knew "that Mr. Green works as a security guard at Felix Varela Senior High school" and had been buying drugs from him during breaks from school for several years, the warrant said.

I wonder what kind of background checks you have for security guards on campus...

#2 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:12 AM

I don't know about Florida, but here in sunny California, a good friend of mine was just fired (last month) because at her yearly physical agility test she failed to run a timed obstacle course by 15 seconds. (She was a proctor at the high school and had a hip replacement. She'd done physical therapy and had gotten almost back to her pre-surgery abilities. But I guess how fast you can run up the bleacher steps is more important than whether or not you're selling illegal drugs.)

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 08 November 2018 - 10:26 AM
Reason for edit: typo

#3 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:40 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 08 November 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

I don't know about Florida, but here in sunny California, a good friend of mine was just fired (last month) because at her yearly physical agility test she failed to run a timed obstacle course by 15 seconds. (She was a proctor at the high school and had a hip replacement. She'd done physical therapy and had gotten almost back to her pre-surgery abilities. But I guess how fast you can run up the bleacher steps is more important than whether or not you're selling illegal drugs.)

Why? Proctors donít have to take off in a sprint after students, as far as I know. This sounds discriminatory.

#4 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:51 PM

View PostLadybird, on 08 November 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Why? Proctors donít have to take off in a sprint after students, as far as I know. This sounds discriminatory.

Based on what? Do you have facts Wags didn't post?

Your victim mentality?

#5 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:40 PM

View PostLadybird, on 08 November 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

If it parts of your condition of employment then it's part of your job. Discriminatory is only when others who are hired for the same job don't have to do it.
IE when I was in the Army 17-21 had to be able run two miles in X minutes and X seconds 22-26 X and X 27-30 X and X. Women where allowed more time. Is it discriminatory that older people where allowed more time, or simply a condition of your employment? Should I be able to say that shorter people where at a huge disadvantage and say the times where discriminatory in that way?

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users