RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Hyde-Smith wins Mississippi Senate runoff - RightNation.US

Hyde-Smith wins Mississippi Senate runoff Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:38 AM

Hyde-Smith wins Mississippi Senate runoff
The Republican survived some late controversies that gave Democrats hope.
By JAMES ARKIN
11/27/2018 06:49 PM EST Updated 11/27/2018 11:20 PM EST
Politico

<More Bad News For democrats/proggies/leftists Here>

JACKSON, Miss. Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith has won Mississippi's Senate runoff, defeating Democrat Mike Espy after drawing intense scrutiny for comments during the four-week runoff campaign. Hyde-Smith had 54 percent of the vote to Espy's 46 percent with 95 percent of precincts reporting after the Associated Press called the race. The result means Republicans will hold a 53-47 majority in the Senate next year, and it makes Hyde-Smith the first woman elected to represent Mississippi in the Senate. She will have to run for reelection to a full term in 2020, after being appointed to fill Thad Cochran's seat earlier this year.

Hyde-Smith faced an unusually energetic special election challenge from Espy, a former congressman and Clinton-era agriculture secretary who inspired slim Democratic hopes of repeating the party's miraculous Senate victory in Alabama last year, as Hyde-Smith faced a storm of controversy over a recent remark about attending a "public hanging."

Hyde-Smith's win brought sighs of relief from Republicans, who see Mississippi as a practically automatic state for their party and feared any unusual circumstance upsetting the race, which took place just days after the Thanksgiving holiday. Republicans in Washington had been cautiously optimistic about a Hyde-Smith victory, but the party took no chances, sending more than 100 operatives to the state to run a massive program to turn out the vote and spending $3 million on TV bashing Espy and boosting their candidate.

"Cindy Hyde-Smith has been a strong conservative voice since joining the Senate, so it should come as no surprise that she was elected by Mississippians to represent them in Washington," said Sen. Cory Gardner, the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, which spent more than $1 million on TV ads during the runoff.

It was clear Tuesday night that Hyde-Smith was lagging typical Republican performance in the state but not nearly to the degree necessary for a stunning upset defeat.

(snip)

<More Bad News For democrats/proggies/leftists Here>

#2 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:07 AM

:clap:

Espy has Expired.

#3 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:17 AM

Is the race card losing even more of it's punch?

:sailor:

#4 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

• Right is Right and Left is Sinister
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:42 AM

I couldn't be more pleased with Mississippi. It would seem that there are better qualified people overseeing their ballot system there.

To be fair, I also applaud Espy's gracious loser demeanor. I suppose it's too much to ask that other Dims follow the example. Oddly, the guy managed to concede/lose without flipping the race card.

#5 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:28 AM

:woohoo: :party: :happydance: :chili: :banana: :snoopydance:

#6 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:57 AM

:cloud9: :drinkers:

#7 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:13 AM

Sure, it was closer than it needed to be for Mississippi, but the article tries to make it seem like Republicans were the only ones spending time and money on this race. Nothing about all the resources Democrats put into it. Even Obama got in on the act by recording a robocall, if I read somewhere else correctly; King Midas Schiessdas strikes again.

#8 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:21 AM

View PostHardRightBambi, on 28 November 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

I couldn't be more pleased with Mississippi. It would seem that there are better qualified people overseeing their ballot system there.

To be fair, I also applaud Espy's gracious loser demeanor. I suppose it's too much to ask that other Dims follow the example. Oddly, the guy managed to concede/lose without flipping the race card.

Espy had to be gracious. For him to pull the race card after his association with Laurent Gbagbo? Espy's in a world of sh!t. He can't afford to draw more attention to himself. His only option is to bow out and count on the public's short attention span.

#9 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:31 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 28 November 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

Espy had to be gracious. For him to pull the race card after his association with Laurent Gbagbo? Espy's in a world of sh!t. He can't afford to draw more attention to himself. His only option is to bow out and count on the public's short attention span.

Again, suppose it's too much to ask that other Dims follow the example?

#10 User is offline   usapatriot 

• <no title>

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:31 AM

There are 13 precincts that have not yet reported their vote totals. I will bet my paycheck that every one of them are in heavily Democratic areas and they are trying to figure out how they can mysteriously "find" 70,000 absentee and provisional votes so they can steal the election like they have done so effectively in California, Arizona and New Mexico (and unsuccessfully tried to in Georgia and Florida). Until every precinct's votes are reported and certified, the DemocRATs will be doing everything they can to either steal the election or question the authenticity and legitimacy of the results in the minds of idiots (like in Georgia and with President Trump's amazing win).

#11 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:11 PM

View Postusapatriot, on 28 November 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

There are 13 precincts that have not yet reported their vote totals. I will bet my paycheck that every one of them are in heavily Democratic areas and they are trying to figure out how they can mysteriously "find" 70,000 absentee and provisional votes so they can steal the election like they have done so effectively in California, Arizona and New Mexico (and unsuccessfully tried to in Georgia and Florida). Until every precinct's votes are reported and certified, the DemocRATs will be doing everything they can to either steal the election or question the authenticity and legitimacy of the results in the minds of idiots (like in Georgia and with President Trump's amazing win).

We need put an end to the Democrats' monkeying with elections. I am willing to entertain dipping fingers in purple ink to prevent voter fraud. That's how corrupt our system has become.

https://ahrcanum.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/purple-finger1.jpg

#12 User is online   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:46 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 28 November 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

We need put an end to the Democrats' monkeying with elections. I am willing to entertain dipping fingers in purple ink to prevent voter fraud. That's how corrupt our system has become.

Unfortunately, the dims put in the early voting and absentee voting which have become their big tool for election fraud. Add in the ability to vote without ID in some states, the immigrants voting, and the dead voting and you have the dimocrat coalition.

#13 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:49 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 28 November 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

I have smoking inspired COPD, and hardly ever leave my home anymore.
That said, I would definitely make the, for me, torturous trip 11+ miles to the nearest town to vote.
I am that much disgusted with the thought that Stalin had it oh so right.
It's not who votes, it's who counts them.
Paper ballots.
English only.
US Citizens only.
Photo ID
IF there are 'hanging chad' like goofs, the ballot is NOT counted. (Make the voter insure the ballot reflects what he/she wanted it to!)
No same day registration! Hell, even poor people can understand that they have about two years from three weeks ago to get registered! If they wait until the day of.....then they didn't care in the first place!

#14 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:54 PM

Espy with the silver medal!

#15 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:13 PM

View Postzurg, on 28 November 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Espy with the silver medal!

"First Loser"

#16 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:31 PM

I wouldn't worry about Espy. After all, ESPN named an awards show after him.

#17 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:56 PM

View PostHieronymous, on 28 November 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

I wouldn't worry about Espy. After all, ESPN named an awards show after him.

That tells me all I'll ever need to know about him, then.

#18 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:13 PM

View PostHardRightBambi, on 28 November 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

That tells me all I'll ever need to know about him, then.

He was joking

#19 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:53 PM

View Postfirecoco, on 28 November 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

He was joking

She was just initiated but still a pledge.

#20 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:22 AM

So I guess no "Year of the Woman" celebrations from the MSM for Ms. Hyde-Smith being the first female Mississippi Senator? No? Nothing? :whistling:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users