RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Marriott Discloses Data Breach That Could Affect Up To 500M Guests - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marriott Discloses Data Breach That Could Affect Up To 500M Guests Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:39 PM

Marriott Discloses Data Breach That Could Affect Up To 500M Guests

FOX Business
By Megan Henney
Published November 30, 2018

Excerpt:

Marriott International disclosed on Friday a data breach involving its guest reservation database at its Starwood Hotel brand that it said could affect at least 500 million guests.

Shares of Marriott fell almost 5 percent in pre-market trading on Friday.

The personal information of at least 327 million guests, including name, mailing address, phone number, email address, passport number, birthday and gender, may have been accessed by an unauthorized party, Marriott said in a news release.

For some guests, the information could also include credit card numbers and expiration dates.

The hotel chain said an investigation uncovered the breach, which could affect guests who stayed in Starwood hotels on or before Sept. 10, on Nov. 19. Marriott said it reported the incident to law enforcement.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:23 PM

Well, Damn.

I'll probably get (yet another) notice that my CCs are being replaced. This is getting old. REAL Old.

We need to get "Medieval", or at least "Middle Eastern" on this to get a handle on it. I want to see bodies swinging on ropes. Publicly. Seriously.

The word "Draconian" comes from the Greek leader Draco, who did his best to try to salvage Greek "Democracy". I'm okay with that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users