RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Forklift Accident - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forklift Accident Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 53,551
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:44 PM



Hoo boy...That guy is SOOOO fired. If he survived at all, that is.

But if I was the owner, the warehouse manager would be fired too. CLEARLY those shelves were WAY overloaded, weight-wise. The original crash was the careless forklift driver's fault, but all those collapsed shelves? Those were the fault of whoever was supposed to be in charge.

:o
0

#2 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

  • Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 14,999
  • Joined: 02-April 03

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:10 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 02 December 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Hoo boy...That guy is SOOOO fired. If he survived at all, that is.

But if I was the owner, the warehouse manager would be fired too. CLEARLY those shelves were WAY overloaded, weight-wise. The original crash was the careless forklift driver's fault, but all those collapsed shelves? Those were the fault of whoever was supposed to be in charge.

:o

OMG! I hope everyone is okay!
0

#3 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:20 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 02 December 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:



Hoo boy...That guy is SOOOO fired. If he survived at all, that is.

But if I was the owner, the warehouse manager would be fired too. CLEARLY those shelves were WAY overloaded, weight-wise. The original crash was the careless forklift driver's fault, but all those collapsed shelves? Those were the fault of whoever was supposed to be in charge.

:o



Well, I doubt anyone is going to lose there jobs over the accident per sei'...

Let me explain why.

First I don't think this was in the U.S.
I could be mistaken but I believe anytime your on the floor in a warehouse distribution center in most any first world country it's hardhat and vest, neither of which I could see on anyone.
2nd, that being said no one gives a damn about safety, proper load distribution, well made frames/shelves that can actually handle a strike by a forklift etc.

3rd, I am assuming the forklift drivers intent was to grab the pallet which was sitting in the middle of the row and he wasn't even lined up for that.
Many don't realize it, but at least here in the U.S.(and most developed nations at least) you gotta' have some credentials and training to sit in that chair.
It isn't just a hey John or Jane come drive the forklift. There is literally a test and certification re-certification process.

4th, let OSHA catch ANYONE driving a forklift who is not checked out, and there is some serious HELL TO PAY. As well, I believe the same applies to anyone not in a vest and hard hat who is on the floor as well.

Yeah people will get fired over this, but not over the accident itself, it will be over the busted and destroyed merchandise.

If I am mistaken on anything I apologize, but I am pretty sure everything I stated is correct.
Especially here in the U.S.


Oki
0

#4 User is offline   Natural Selection 

  • Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 17,138
  • Joined: 31-December 03

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:20 AM

I would fire the OSHA inspector.
0

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 53,551
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:47 AM

View Postoki, on 02 December 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

Well, I doubt anyone is going to lose there jobs over the accident per sei'...

Let me explain why.

First I don't think this was in the U.S.
I could be mistaken but I believe anytime your on the floor in a warehouse distribution center in most any first world country it's hardhat and vest, neither of which I could see on anyone.
2nd, that being said no one gives a damn about safety, proper load distribution, well made frames/shelves that can actually handle a strike by a forklift etc.

3rd, I am assuming the forklift drivers intent was to grab the pallet which was sitting in the middle of the row and he wasn't even lined up for that.
Many don't realize it, but at least here in the U.S.(and most developed nations at least) you gotta' have some credentials and training to sit in that chair.
It isn't just a hey John or Jane come drive the forklift. There is literally a test and certification re-certification process.

4th, let OSHA catch ANYONE driving a forklift who is not checked out, and there is some serious HELL TO PAY. As well, I believe the same applies to anyone not in a vest and hard hat who is on the floor as well.

Yeah people will get fired over this, but not over the accident itself, it will be over the busted and destroyed merchandise.

If I am mistaken on anything I apologize, but I am pretty sure everything I stated is correct.
Especially here in the U.S.


Oki


You make a few very good points, but I can't agree with #3 ("I am assuming the forklift drivers intent was to grab the pallet which was sitting in the middle of the row and he wasn't even lined up for that") Nope, watch again: He was backing the forklift up as he approached the pallet. In other words, the forks themselves were on the opposite end! What's more, there was already a load on the forks. Nope, he was trying to squeeze past that pallet and misjudged the space available.

B)
0

#6 User is offline   Big Dave 

  • ...and yes, I am compensating for something.
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 2,605
  • Joined: 03-March 04

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:03 AM

I saw this on FB a few days ago and yeah, those shelves are way overloaded and this is probably not in tht US. Hope no one was injured myself, but at least as fascinating as dominoes.
0

#7 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 34,114
  • Joined: 13-January 04

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:37 AM


0

#8 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:03 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 03 December 2018 - 01:47 AM, said:

You make a few very good points, but I can't agree with #3 ("I am assuming the forklift drivers intent was to grab the pallet which was sitting in the middle of the row and he wasn't even lined up for that") Nope, watch again: He was backing the forklift up as he approached the pallet. In other words, the forks themselves were on the opposite end! What's more, there was already a load on the forks. Nope, he was trying to squeeze past that pallet and misjudged the space available.

B)


Yup your absolutely right. As I was looking at some other sources of the video I caught that later on and thought aah crap busted...
Monty never misses a thing and I certainly will hear about it. But, no worries as it's always done in a extremely respectful, thoughtful, and fact filled manner. :drinkers:

Person on the forklift was a total and absolute dumb sh$t. Shelves where shoddy and overloaded.
May never know where this happened, but I really don't think it was the U.S. or Japan. I can't speak so much to some other nations as I have no experience with them, but I am thinking maybe China or India.

Oki
0

#9 User is offline   Hieronymous 

  • Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 8,433
  • Joined: 16-April 09

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:05 AM

That was like ultimate dominoes
0

#10 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:34 AM

2nd Video
it's even worse...

https://www.youtube....h?v=dqrDWSlkOIU

Oki
0

#11 User is offline   BootsieBets 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 293
  • Joined: 13-August 18

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:13 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 02 December 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:



Hoo boy...That guy is SOOOO fired. If he survived at all, that is.

But if I was the owner, the warehouse manager would be fired too. CLEARLY those shelves were WAY overloaded, weight-wise. The original crash was the careless forklift driver's fault, but all those collapsed shelves? Those were the fault of whoever was supposed to be in charge.

:o

Thatís was fascinating, if not horrifying! I canít imagine there were not serious injuries.
0

#12 User is offline   Alexis 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,705
  • Joined: 14-January 06

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

Was some of this computerized special effects, or was all the shelving interconnected in some way? It was just a continuous, never-ending mess -- like supersized dominoes.
0

#13 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 19,555
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:27 PM

View Postoki, on 02 December 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

Well, I doubt anyone is going to lose there jobs over the accident per sei'...

Let me explain why.

First I don't think this was in the U.S...

View PostBig Dave, on 03 December 2018 - 07:03 AM, said:

I saw this on FB a few days ago and yeah, those shelves are way overloaded and this is probably not in tht US. Hope no one was injured myself, but at least as fascinating as dominoes.


This Article puts it in Shropshire England: Forklift Accident Causes Entire Warehouse to Collapse

A forklift driver was cruising down an aisle in a warehouse in Shropshire, England when he bumped into one of the shelves. Moments after, the shelf collapsed on top of the forklift and caused a domino effect.

In just seconds, nearly every shelf in the warehouse was brought down and the worker was caught underneath it all. Miraculously, he was uninjured...

...It took rescue teams nearly eight hours to dig through the thousands of tons of cheese stored in the warehouse, but they eventually pulled Tomasz Wiszniewski from the mess. They believe he was saved by staying in the forklift during the mayhem...


---------------------

"Cheese, Grommit."

They should merge this with the one from the late '00s of the Russian forklift driver doing something similar in a Vodka warehouse.

I'll bring the crackers.


(skip a bit, brother, to about 0:38):

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 03 December 2018 - 06:27 PM

0

#14 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

  • Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 6,251
  • Joined: 27-June 03

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

https://touchyourclientsheart.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Did-I-do-that.jpg
0

#15 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:09 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 03 December 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

This Article puts it in Shropshire England: Forklift Accident Causes Entire Warehouse to Collapse

A forklift driver was cruising down an aisle in a warehouse in Shropshire, England when he bumped into one of the shelves. Moments after, the shelf collapsed on top of the forklift and caused a domino effect.

In just seconds, nearly every shelf in the warehouse was brought down and the worker was caught underneath it all. Miraculously, he was uninjured...

...It took rescue teams nearly eight hours to dig through the thousands of tons of cheese stored in the warehouse, but they eventually pulled Tomasz Wiszniewski from the mess. They believe he was saved by staying in the forklift during the mayhem...


---------------------

"Cheese, Grommit."

They should merge this with the one from the late '00s of the Russian forklift driver doing something similar in a Vodka warehouse.

I'll bring the crackers.


(skip a bit, brother, to about 0:38):



England? Your f'ng kidding me! I honestly expected something like this out of some third world crap hole and not any kind of a developed nation!
The first rack didn't even look like it was even that hard of a bump, much less from an empty fork lift. Cheese ain't light, but still, those came down pretty easy. Much less no hard hats or vests on anyone. I could be wrong in thinking that anyone on the floor here has to have both a vest and hard hat, but isn't that also the rule in the U.K. as well? Much less you try to avoid unnecessary backing up with a fork lift or at least know where the F you are going, obstructions etc. Maybe that I have handled a few smaller cranes, cargo, and or been around enough and loaded unloaded enough to understand you really gotta' watch your ass and not take a damn thing for granted or become complacent for one second.

Coarse it could be that I got slammed to the front of a HEMTT bed with an M.L.R.S. pod (about 5000 pounds) because the stupid s.o.b. on the crane wasn't following my hands I became pretty anal about loading, crane operation etc.... Only thing that saved my ass from getting killed was one I tried jumping out of the way when I heard the crane change sounds to indicate the cable tightening, and two the hard rubber feet in the pod stuck out just as long as I was thick, and three it caught me in stomach just under the sternum.

Oki

This post has been edited by oki: 04 December 2018 - 03:05 PM

0

#16 User is offline   ASE 

  • You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 7,486
  • Joined: 15-June 03

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:39 PM

I was just wondering if it could have been Amazon in the UK.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users