RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Driver arrested for 4th DWI after hitting Waupaca County Squad Car - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Driver arrested for 4th DWI after hitting Waupaca County Squad Car Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:41 AM

WAUPACA COUNTY, Wis. (WBAY) - A driver was arrested for 4th offense OWI after hitting a squad car in Waupaca County.

It happened Saturday, Dec. 1 on State Highway 22.

The Sheriff's Office says the driver failed to stop at a stop sign on Symco Road and hit a deputy's squad.

No one was hurt.

The driver was not identified, but was arrested for OWI 4th offense within 5 years, according to the Sheriff's Office.

It marked the second time in just over a week that a Waupaca County squad was hit by a drunk driver.

https://www.wbay.com...-501770851.html


What the f' is it going to take?
Fourth O.W.I. in four years, 2nd time in just over a week the county P.D. had a car hit by a drunk?

Ya' know I hate big brother intrusions into our lives. But at the same time fines, threats of jail time, loosing driving privileges are not working.
Maybe it is time that any state issued I.D. has a small stamp or mark when someone cannot be served alcohol at a bar or any establishment, and anyone caught giving them booze faces a felony similar to providing or selling a firearm to a convicted felon. No, that won't completely solve this problem but by in large it would all but eliminate these people driving drunk from the bar. It is a huge problem and innocent people are dying because of people who cannot control their addictions.

And, before I am flamed, I definitely like Beer. Sometimes a little to much even. Plus I have had family who received D.W.I.'s.
A brother about 30 some years ago, and a nephew (in law) (twice). But, in both cases they have learned moved forward with their lives and not done it again. There comes a point when drastic measures are needed, peoples lives are at stake here.

Oki
0

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,191
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:05 AM

Someone with repeat offenses should have a mandatory ignition breathalyzer on all registered vehicles, after any driving privileges are restored.
0

#3 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:32 AM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Someone with repeat offenses should have a mandatory ignition breathalyzer on all registered vehicles, after any driving privileges are restored.


Wisconsin requires it after three I believe. But, even then the damn things can be bypassed and even tricked.
Like I said, as much as I hate more big brother I think the only way to cut down these idiots driving home wasted from the bars is to make it illegal for them to drink at the bars. Many of these 4th 5th umpteenth offenders are driving without insurance and license anyhow. Money to go out and get drunk but not have auto insurance or a valid license. Plus, quite often they have B.A.C.'s so damn high any normal human being would at best be passed out and worst in a coma or dead, this is indicative of a very serious problem which they cannot control and it is putting innocent lives at risk because of their actions. Like I said, I hate the idea of more big brother, but I just can't think of anything else short of throwing there asses in jail for a time and hoping it sobers them up. But, we have had a couple recent cases where people even did some time over D.W.I. offenses, they got out and went right back to drinking and driving and ended up killing someone.


Oki
0

#4 User is offline   LongKnife 

  • Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 3,849
  • Joined: 10-November 04

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:56 AM

View Postoki, on 04 December 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Ya' know I hate big brother intrusions into our lives. But at the same time fines, threats of jail time, loosing driving privileges are not working.
Maybe it is time that any state issued I.D. has a small stamp or mark when someone cannot be served alcohol at a bar or any establishment, and anyone caught giving them booze faces a felony similar to providing or selling a firearm to a convicted felon. No, that won't completely solve this problem but by in large it would all but eliminate these people driving drunk from the bar. It is a huge problem and innocent people are dying because of people who cannot control their addictions.

And, before I am flamed, I definitely like Beer. Sometimes a little to much even. Plus I have had family who received D.W.I.'s.
A brother about 30 some years ago, and a nephew (in law) (twice). But, in both cases they have learned moved forward with their lives and not done it again. There comes a point when drastic measures are needed, peoples lives are at stake here.

Oki

It's almost impossible to control the behavior of a drunk without locking them up. The driver license thing would be easy to get around, teenagers do it all the time with fake ID's.

Too many of them drink and drive until they kill someone or themselves or both. Death or incarceration seems to be the only way to keep them from getting behind the wheel.
0

#5 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,191
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:22 PM

 oki, on 04 December 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Wisconsin requires it after three I believe. But, even then the damn things can be bypassed and even tricked.
Like I said, as much as I hate more big brother I think the only way to cut down these idiots driving home wasted from the bars is to make it illegal for them to drink at the bars. Many of these 4th 5th umpteenth offenders are driving without insurance and license anyhow. Money to go out and get drunk but not have auto insurance or a valid license. Plus, quite often they have B.A.C.'s so damn high any normal human being would at best be passed out and worst in a coma or dead, this is indicative of a very serious problem which they cannot control and it is putting innocent lives at risk because of their actions. Like I said, I hate the idea of more big brother, but I just can't think of anything else short of throwing there asses in jail for a time and hoping it sobers them up. But, we have had a couple recent cases where people even did some time over D.W.I. offenses, they got out and went right back to drinking and driving and ended up killing someone.


Oki


A drunk won’t stop until he wants to or dies. Maybe we’ll have smart cars one day that will recognize when the driver is intoxicated or very sleepy. It’s either that or start charging these offenses as major felonies that will yield serious time. In NY it is a major felony if you’re drunk with a minor in the car. It grew out of two horrific accidents involving drunk moms.

One case of drunk driving in Long Island was successfully tried as 2nd degree murder, but that is a rarity.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 04 December 2018 - 12:23 PM

0

#6 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:54 PM

View PostLongKnife, on 04 December 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

It's almost impossible to control the behavior of a drunk without locking them up. The driver license thing would be easy to get around, teenagers do it all the time with fake ID's.

Too many of them drink and drive until they kill someone or themselves or both. Death or incarceration seems to be the only way to keep them from getting behind the wheel.


Oh I agree, it won't put a complete stop to it. Many of these people have there favorite bars where they get loaded at and no bar is going to risk losing their liqueur license to serve someone they know has been barred. Sure they can get a fake I.D. just so they can keep getting loaded at their favorite bar, but sooner or later that drinking hole is gonna' get wind that Johnny can't drink there or anywhere and they won't serve them.
Awful that this has to even be talked about, but it's long over due.

Oki
0

#7 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:03 PM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

A drunk won’t stop until he wants to or dies. Maybe we’ll have smart cars one day that will recognize when the driver is intoxicated or very sleepy. It’s either that or start charging these offenses as major felonies that will yield serious time. In NY it is a major felony if you’re drunk with a minor in the car. It grew out of two horrific accidents involving drunk moms.

One case of drunk driving in Long Island was successfully tried as 2nd degree murder, but that is a rarity.



On this L.B. we are in total agreement. Here in Wisconsin we have had a number of cases where it was tried as Manslaughter. Kids in the car, drunks hitting Cops, people 3-4(or more) times over the limit. 6,7, 8th or D.W.I.'s etc. Your right, they don't quit until they are locked up or they are dead. One option that I think has potential is the home breathalyzers in combo with G.P.S. ankle bracelets. Even if the idiots where getting wasted and having someone else blow in for them at least they would be at home, plus the ankle bracelets will help keep them out of the bar. It isn't a %100 fail safe method as they can go to a restaurant get tanked, have someone else blow into a ignition lock and still drive, but it can cut down on the repeat offenders.

One thing I would like to see is people held accountable when they let someone who they know someone with an drinking and driving problem is using their vehicle. To be honest I see this as not much different then loaning a firearm to a convicted felon. I would be very interested to see how many of the people who are arrested with multiple D.W.I.'s are using a borrowed vehicle.

Oki
0

#8 User is offline   Hieronymous 

  • Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 8,433
  • Joined: 16-April 09

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Someone with repeat offenses should have a mandatory ignition breathalyzer on all registered vehicles, after any driving privileges are restored.

I know in Michigan the third one is a felony. Still, I remember reading about a guy who got 13 (!).
0

#9 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:16 PM

View PostHieronymous, on 04 December 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

I know in Michigan the third one is a felony. Still, I remember reading about a guy who got 13 (!).



I'll see your 13th and raise you 14...
https://www.kare11.c...wi/89-560282129

There just comes a point when some people are such a danger especially to others they cannot be on the street.

Oki
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users