RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Woman says she was paid to collect absentee ballots in North Carolina - RightNation.US

Woman says she was paid to collect absentee ballots in North Carolina Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:38 PM

Woman says she was paid to collect absentee ballots in North Carolina House race

An absentee ballot witness said Monday that a Bladen County, N.C., electioneer paid her to collect absentee ballots from last month's midterm elections.

Ginger Eason told WSOCTV, a local news station in Charlotte, that Leslie McCrae Dowless Jr. paid her between $75 and $100 to pick up completed absentee ballots for North Carolina's 9th District, the results of which are being officially investigated.

"I was helping McCrae pick up ballots," Eason said to the news outlet, referring to the Bladen County Soil and Water Conservation District supervisor who appears to be at the center of the probe.

Eason added that she didn't see who people were voting for, but that she never mailed the ballots. Instead, she gave them to Dowless, adding that he did not mention to her that what she was doing was illegal.

Dowless, known locally as McCrae, has been named twice in sworn affidavits as someone who worked for Republican candidate Mark Harris's campaign against Democrat Dan McCready.

When asked by WSOCTV about paying people to pick up ballots, Dowless said that he had no comment.

WSOCTV said that it has found what appears to be a targeted effort to illegally pick up ballots in Bladen County.

The news station reported that it consistently found the same people signing as witnesses for the people voting, something it notes is unusual. Eason was listed as signing as a witness for 28 submitted and accepted absentee ballot envelopes.

McCready conceded to Harris and said he would not request a recount after being down approximately 700 votes in November.

But the elections board elected not to certify the results, citing "claims of irregularities and fraudulent activities related to absentee by-mail voting."

<snip>

Link

#2 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:23 PM

December 04, 2018 - 02:54 PM EST
Second woman says she was paid to collect absentee ballots in North Carolina House race

A second woman has come forward claiming that a Bladen County, N.C., electioneer paid her to collect absentee ballots for last month's midterm elections.

Cheryl Kinlaw told WSOCTV, a local news station in Charlotte, N.C., that Leslie McCrae Dowless Jr. paid her $100 to collect ballots in their district, adding that Dowless "has been doing it for years."

Kinlaw said that she never mailed the ballots she collected and that she instead handed them over to Dowless. She said she was unaware that what she was doing was illegal.

Her comments come a day after another woman, Ginger Eason, told the news station that Dowless, the Bladen County Soil and Water Conservation District supervisor, paid her between $75 and $100 to pick up ballots.

Both of them have said they do not know what Dowless did with the ballots.

Dowless has been named twice in sworn affidavits as someone who worked for Republican candidate Mark Harris's campaign as an independent contractor and has been at the center of an investigation into the results of the election in North Carolina's 9th District.

When asked by WSOCTV about paying people to pick up ballots on Monday, Dowless said he had no comment.

<snip>

Link

#3 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:32 PM

If this is true, then Leslie Dowles should be able to voluntarily retire when she wants and collect a pension from the state. At this date, what does it matter?

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 04 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

#4 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

Magic Rat, on 04 December 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

If this is true, then Leslie Dowles should be able to voluntarily retire when she wants and collect a pension from the state. At this date, what does it matter?

Who claimed it doesnít matter?

Leslie is a he and is on the board of a water commission, but also is a contractor working on campaigns.

If election fraud is proven unequivocally, he should be barred from participating in any future elections.
Iíve read there may have been shenanigans in the primary that ousted the incumbent.
If any of this is true, the governor should order another election.

#5 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:56 PM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

Who claimed it doesnít matter?

Leslie is a he and is on the board of a water commission, but also is a contractor working on campaigns.

If election fraud is proven unequivocally, he should be barred from participating in any future elections.
Iíve read there may have been shenanigans in the primary that ousted the incumbent.
If any of this is true, the governor should order another election.

I have it on good authority that if someone is suspected of election fraud, she should be able to draw pay from the state and retire when she wants. Otherwise, it is just an empty gesture. What's the point, right?

#6 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:07 PM

:popcorn:

#7 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:15 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 04 December 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

I have it on good authority that if someone is suspected of election fraud, she should be able to draw pay from the state and retire when she wants. Otherwise, it is just an empty gesture. What's the point, right?

If it's about firing someone who was set to retire in 4 weeks anyway, just to put on a show, it is an empty, useless gesture. It is now a waste resources, since that woman has rescinded her retirement papers and will engage the state in a lawsuit. Like I said, that 75 year old woman should have been forced to retire years ago. Why didn't that happen? He was the governor.

#8 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:18 PM

Ladybird, on 04 December 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

If it's about firing someone who was set to retire in 4 weeks anyway, just to put on a show, it is an empty, useless gesture. It is now a waste resources, since that woman has rescinded her retirement papers and will engage the state in a lawsuit. Like I said, that 75 year old woman should have been forced to retire years ago. Why didn't that happen? He was the governor.

The FL case was far from an empty gesture.

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:28 PM

View Postzurg, on 04 December 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

The FL case was far from an empty gesture.

That remains to be seen.

Care to comment on the one in the OP?

#10 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

carefulLet me guess Leslie McCrae Dowless Jr. is a Republican.

So the Republican guy is to be investigated but the Democrat women Brenda Snipes won't be.

However if I were the Democrats, I would be careful.

Investigations have a tendency to spill over into other districts.

#11 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

Ladybird, on 04 December 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

That remains to be seen.

Care to comment on the one in the OP?

Why? Itís about a GOP supporter being the bad guy, allegedly. I thought weíre supposed to be all partisan when we communicate. Have I misunderstood you?

This post has been edited by zurg: 04 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:02 PM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 04 December 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

carefulLet me guess Leslie McCrae Dowless Jr. is a Republican.

So the Republican guy is to be investigated but the Democrat women Brenda Snipes won't be.

However if I were the Democrats, I would be careful.

Investigations have a tendency to spill over into other districts.

I think they are still just trying to sort out this election.

#13 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

I see. So the governor and his 'empty gesture' is responsible for Ms. Snipes filing a lawsuit. Tell me if the she had been fired in 2016, and she had filed the lawsuit, which we can be sure she would have done, would you still manage to consider her a 73 (at the time) year old victim? Sure you would. Hell, you still think she should have been 'forced to retire' not be fired.

Do you think that Dowles should be 'forced to retire' or be fired?

The point is your smug and hypocritical attitude about similar situations. I have the luxury of consistency. I think anyone committing voter fraud should be punished no matter which party they belong. Firing or prosecuting either or both would not be an 'empty gesture'. You don't.

#14 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 04 December 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

I see. So the governor and his 'empty gesture' is responsible for Ms. Snipes filing a lawsuit. Tell me if the she had been fired in 2016, and she had filed the lawsuit, which we can be sure she would have done, would you still manage to consider her a 73 (at the time) year old victim? Sure you would. Hell, you still think she should have been 'forced to retire' not be fired.

Do you think that Dowles should be 'forced to retire' or be fired?

The point is your smug and hypocritical attitude about similar situations. I have the luxury of consistency. I think anyone committing voter fraud should be punished no matter which party they belong. Firing or prosecuting either or both would not be an 'empty gesture'. You don't.

It's stupid. She has been accused of being incompetent years before, so why wait until a few weeks before she retires to fire her?

I already said what I thought should happen to Dowles. I don't believe he's a regular employee that can be fired, but if he is, then sure.

If it is proven that he actually altered ballots, he should go to jail.

#15 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:26 PM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

It's stupid. She has been accused of being incompetent years before, so why wait until a few weeks before she retires to fire her?

No. she's been accused of being dishonest and fraud. I would spoon feed you the definitions of these terms but I know you are smart enough to know the difference.

I already said what I thought should happen to Dowles. I don't believe he's a regular employee that can be fired, but if he is, then sure.

I don't know either. However if we are being consistent, she should be hired and then allowed to retire or have grounds for a lawsuit, right? Good enough for Snipes in Florida, Why not good enough for Dowles in North Carolina?

Because you think punishing Snipes is an 'empty gesture', right?

If it is proven that he actually altered ballots, he should go to jail.

See above.

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 04 December 2018 - 08:28 PM

#16 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:37 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 04 December 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

No. she's been accused of being dishonest and fraud. I would spoon feed you the definitions of these terms but I know you are smart enough to know the difference.

I don't know either. However if we are being consistent, she should be hired and then allowed to retire or have grounds for a lawsuit, right? Good enough for Snipes in Florida, Why not good enough for Dowles in North Carolina?

Because you think punishing Snipes is an 'empty gesture', right?

See above.

What?

Scotts actions were a spiteful show of force, that will end up costing Floridians more fighting lawsuits, especially if it involves Snipes pension. She would have been gone forever in a couple of weeks.

#17 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:42 PM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

What?

Scotts actions were a spiteful show of force, that will end up costing Floridians more fighting lawsuits, especially if it involves Snipes pension. She would have been gone forever in a couple of weeks.

Scott's actions were firing and ending compensation of a state employee with credible fraud accusations against her. The only reason the lawsuit is even being entertained is for political reasons by her lawyers and judge they will shop for.

And how is it that the 'governor should have fired her years ago' going to save any money if some puke, leftist judge, for political reasons, rules that she is entitled to the job?

Snipes will not be 'gone forever' if she is getting retirement. She would be getting rewarded for her dishonest, fraudulent (What you call "incompetent".)actions. You understand her retirement will be paid by those taxpayers she purposely defrauded, right?

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 04 December 2018 - 08:48 PM

#18 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:54 AM

Ladybird, on 04 December 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

Woman says she was paid to collect absentee ballots in North Carolina House race

Oddly enough this exact action is totally legal in CA....

Giving perfect strangers your absentee ballots, what could go wrong there?

Anyways, no one is claiming they were molested three or four decades ago so I suppose presumption of innocence is still on the table until a conviction is handed down.

This post has been edited by Oathtaker: 05 December 2018 - 06:55 AM

#19 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

:lol3:

Queen Hypocrite strikes again!

#20 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:58 AM

View PostOathtaker, on 05 December 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

Oddly enough this exact action is totally legal in CA....

Giving perfect strangers your absentee ballots, what could go wrong there?

Anyways, no one is claiming they were molested three or four decades ago so I suppose presumption of innocence is still on the table until a conviction is handed down.

It may be the part where these ballots were collected and then given to someone working for the campaign. We shall see.

Thanks for actually addressing the OP instead of flinging a bunch of bull.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users