RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: GOP-Controlled Wisconsin Legislature Votes To Dissolve State Rather Th - RightNation.US

Jump to content

GOP-Controlled Wisconsin Legislature Votes To Dissolve State Rather Th Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,191
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:03 PM

GOP-Controlled Wisconsin Legislature Votes To Dissolve State Rather Than Let Democrats Have It


Today 1:28pm
SEE MORE: GOP


MADISON, WI—Passing the measure along party lines, the GOP-controlled Wisconsin legislature voted Tuesday to dissolve the 30th state admitted to the union rather than let governor-elect Tony Evers and other members of the Democratic Party have it. “This essential legislation officially dismantles the State of Wisconsin, thereby ensuring Democrats, who won every statewide executive office on the ballot last month, will have no legal authority within its borders,” said Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald, explaining that it would be reckless to honor the fair election of Democrats to the state’s executive branch and far preferable for Wisconsin to cease existing and become instead a lawless wasteland of snow and ice.

<snip>

Linky

:)
0

#2 User is offline   Magic Rat 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 6,119
  • Joined: 12-April 04

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

The article might have been cute if the Democrats hadn't fled the state to avoid cooperating with the GOP back in 2011.

So The Onion should try original material to be 'topical' and 'funny'.

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 04 December 2018 - 06:30 PM

0

#3 User is online   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 13,915
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

 Magic Rat, on 04 December 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

The article might have been cute if the Democrats hadn't fled the state back to avoid cooperating with the GOP back in 2011.

So The Onion should try original material to be 'topical' and 'funny'.


I was going to say.
0

#4 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

  • Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 27,338
  • Joined: 01-April 03

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 04 December 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

I was going to say.


Exactly my thoughts as well.

But, you know, it isn't important to remember what the Dims have done.
0

#5 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,191
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:09 PM

Making fun of the GOP? We are not amused!!

It is topical

The one bright spot is the Republicans 'lame' attempt to have as few voters participate as possible in a judicial vote has been thwarted.
https://www.jsonline...ons/2190767002/
0

#6 User is offline   Magic Rat 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 6,119
  • Joined: 12-April 04

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:15 PM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

Making fun of the GOP? We are not amused!!

It is topical


Topical? You lefties cry about losing power almost as much as you call everyone you don't like a racist.

And you didn't find it amusing either because only a drooling moron could find that feeble <censored> objectively funny.

Quote

The one bright spot is the Republicans 'lame' attempt to have as few voters participate as possible in a judicial vote has been thwarted.
https://www.jsonline...ons/2190767002/


Oh yes, the usual, phony 'voter suppression' accusations used by you lefties while at the same time think it's an 'empty gesture' to fire someone who has credible 'voter suppression' accusations against her.

Like I said, smug hypocrisy. At least you are consistent with that.
0

#7 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:29 PM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

Making fun of the GOP? We are not amused!!

It is topical

The one bright spot is the Republicans 'lame' attempt to have as few voters participate as possible in a judicial vote has been thwarted.
https://www.jsonline...ons/2190767002/


So limiting early voting to two weeks is a form of voter suppression know? Why, have you given up on requiring photo I.D. as one?

Oki

This post has been edited by oki: 04 December 2018 - 08:31 PM

0

#8 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,191
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

View Postoki, on 04 December 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

So limiting early voting to two weeks is a form of voter suppression know? Why, have you given up on requiring photo I.D. as one?

Oki


The article I posted was the attempt to hold an extra election for the judicial pick, so the turnout will be less. It would have cost 7 million more to accomplish this. Why is it that Republican strive to fewer voters to participate in our democracy?


But as to your question, limiting early voting, especially in place with fewer precincts, where voters would have stand on unreasonably long lines for hours is voter suppression.
0

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,191
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:52 PM

I thought this bit of light satire was funny, and since others regular post articles from The Onion and Babylon Bee, it would be taken for the light bit humor that it is. Ok it makes fun of the GOP. Does it hurt that much to laugh at yourselves occasionally?
0

#10 User is online   zurg 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 25,551
  • Joined: 19-October 09

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:54 PM

 Ladybird, on 04 December 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

I thought this bit of light satire was funny, and since others regular post articles from The Onion and Babylon Bee, it would be taken for the light bit humor that it is. Ok it makes fun of the GOP. Does it hurt that much to laugh at yourselves occasionally?

Could you show us by example sometime? Thx.
0

#11 User is offline   Magic Rat 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 6,119
  • Joined: 12-April 04

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:59 PM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

I thought this bit of light satire was funny, and since others regular post articles from The Onion and Babylon Bee, it would be taken for the light bit humor that it is. Ok it makes fun of the GOP. Does it hurt that much to laugh at yourselves occasionally?


In my opinion, most of the Babylon Bee stuff is pretty stupid. The Onion hasn't been funny in years. This particular piece is a perfect example. Especially since this was an attempt at satire that reflects on an actual stunt performed by the Wisconsin Democrats 7 years ago but for political reasons, the parties were deliberately switched.

That's a dumb joke, no matter which political side you are on.
0

#12 User is online   USNJIMRET 

  • Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,094
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:12 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 04 December 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

In my opinion, most of the Babylon Bee stuff is pretty stupid. The Onion hasn't been funny in years. This particular piece is a perfect example. Especially since this was an attempt at satire that reflects on an actual stunt performed by the Wisconsin Democrats 7 years ago but for political reasons, the parties were deliberately switched.

That's a dumb joke, no matter which political side you are on.

Well, I guess you are entitled to your opinion.
0

#13 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:52 PM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

The article I posted was the attempt to hold an extra election for the judicial pick, so the turnout will be less. It would have cost 7 million more to accomplish this. Why is it that Republican strive to fewer voters to participate in our democracy?


But as to your question, limiting early voting, especially in place with fewer precincts, where voters would have stand on unreasonably long lines for hours is voter suppression.



So moving back voting for a Presidential Primary by a month is somehow voter suppression. That reasoning is utter and absolute B.S. just as long lines is somehow voter suppression. Plus, if you can vote for Candidates by absentee you can certainly do the same in for primaries. As far as cost, since when did Government ever give a damn about saving money. And that's pure conjecture anyways.
By the way, I LIVE IN WISCONSIN SO I HAVE A FRONT ROW SEAT TO ALL THIS.

Oki

OOPS CORRECTION
They are talking about moving it up a month, not back. MEANING SHORTER LINES BECAUSE THERE WOULD BE AN EXTRA ELECTION.
And your not all for this? Do tell.

Oki

This post has been edited by oki: 04 December 2018 - 09:53 PM

0

#14 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 28,443
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:22 AM

 Ladybird, on 04 December 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

I thought this bit of light satire was funny, and since others regular post articles from The Onion and Babylon Bee, it would be taken for the light bit humor that it is. Ok it makes fun of the GOP. Does it hurt that much to laugh at yourselves occasionally?

Good humor is based upon truth.


This article is not.

Just like most everything else that proggies say or do.
0

#15 User is offline   NH Populist 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 594
  • Joined: 30-April 18

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:32 AM

"It would be reckless to honor the fair election of Democrats to the state’s executive branch and far preferable for Wisconsin to cease existing and become instead a lawless wasteland of snow and ice.

I'm not sure I understand the concern, both scenarios would end up with Wisconsin as a lawless wasteland of snow and ice... :rofl:
0

#16 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 3,311
  • Joined: 05-June 15

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:51 AM

 Magic Rat, on 04 December 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

Topical? You lefties cry about losing power almost as much as you call everyone you don't like a racist.

And you didn't find it amusing either because only a drooling moron could find that feeble <censored> objectively funny.



Oh yes, the usual, phony 'voter suppression' accusations used by you lefties while at the same time think it's an 'empty gesture' to fire someone who has credible 'voter suppression' accusations against her.

Like I said, smug hypocrisy. At least you are consistent with that.


:clap:
0

#17 User is offline   That_Guy 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 19,513
  • Joined: 02-September 06

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:34 AM

 NH Populist, on 05 December 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

"It would be reckless to honor the fair election of Democrats to the state’s executive branch and far preferable for Wisconsin to cease existing and become instead a lawless wasteland of snow and ice.

I'm not sure I understand the concern, both scenarios would end up with Wisconsin as a lawless wasteland of snow and ice...


That’s pretty good.
0

#18 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 34,114
  • Joined: 13-January 04

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:26 AM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

...participate in our democracy?


We are not a democracy, Your Royal Obtuseness.
0

#19 User is offline   Howsithangin 

  • I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 26,352
  • Joined: 07-March 08

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:40 AM

View PostLadybird, on 04 December 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

and become instead a lawless wasteland of snow and ice.


It would be a preferred alternative, admittedly.

I'd rather go full Mad Max than have the nation the demoncraps desire for us
0

#20 User is offline   oki 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 23,902
  • Joined: 14-October 04

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:52 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 05 December 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

It would be a preferred alternative, admittedly.

I'd rather go full Mad Max than have the nation the demoncraps desire for us




Didn't realize there was much difference.

Oki
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users