RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Michigan woman headed for church shoots, kills home intruder - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Michigan woman headed for church shoots, kills home intruder Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:33 AM

Michigan woman headed for church shoots, kills home intruder
By Travis Fedschun
12/04/2018
Fox News

<More Good News Here>

Three Michigan women whose departure for church Sunday was interrupted by a home invader fought back against their assailant, with one of the women reportedly opening fire on the would-be thief and killing him. Detroit Police said three women -- ages 75, 55 and 29 -- were leaving for church about 10:30 a.m. when a man confronted them in the home's driveway and forced them back inside. None of the women were identified.

Once in the house, the 55-year-old woman quickly retrieved a gun and fired two shots at the man, striking him at least once in the chest.

Neighbor Lashundra Craig told Fox 2 she heard the shots ring out. "I was about to go to church when I heard the shots," she said. "They put up the crime tape and I went to church."

Police said the man, who was believed to be in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene. The woman who pulled the trigger won't face any charges, as authorities said the shooting was an act of self-defense.

(snip)

<More Good News Here>

#2 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:53 AM

What better deterrent for a bad guy than the threat of an armed good guy? Or woman? Who knows how this story might have ended but for the armed 55 year old, good for her!

#3 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:00 AM

Ended as it should: DRT

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Any law-abiding citizen that refuses to own and train on a firearm ought to have to justify it to their loved ones at home.

#4 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:40 AM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 05 December 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

Any law-abiding citizen that refuses to own and train on a firearm ought to have to justify it to their loved ones at home.

Amazing how some people will say they are willing to do what ever it takes to protect a loved one but refuse to own and learn how to use a firearm.
Not only are they dishonest with everyone as well as themselves, they aren't actually willing to do what ever it takes.

Oki

#5 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:56 AM

:yeahthat:

#6 User is offline   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:17 PM

Sounds like the home invader had a real come-to-Jesus moment!

#7 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

View PostCensport, on 05 December 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Sounds like the home invader had a real come-to-Jesus moment!

Well, he certainly went to Jesus.

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:44 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 05 December 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

Well, he certainly went to Jesus.

I rather doubt that...I'm guessing he went the other direction.

B)

#9 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:49 PM

That's not enough.

Someone breaks into the "Smithee" abode??? The miscreant had better learn to pray very fast: That the cops get there before I'm finished. As a History buff, I know a thing or two about "Getting Medieval".

#10 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:06 AM

Well good for her!
Now, who's next? Who else wants to pull some stupid crime and not even think there may actually be people in this country who will defend themselves?

#11 User is offline   Novaprime 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

View Postoki, on 05 December 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Amazing how some people will say they are willing to do what ever it takes to protect a loved one but refuse to own and learn how to use a firearm.
Not only are they dishonest with everyone as well as themselves, they aren't actually willing to do what ever it takes.

Oki

Oh, I know how to use a firearm and don't condemn those that do own them, though there is a person I question about owning one because of his temperament, because I won't own one because of my own temperament. I had a sharpshooter ranking with the .45 while in the Army, not easy to do with the POS weapons we were given.

I just have a bad temper and I might do something stupid, not that it would intentional but there is doubt when I lose it so I remove that chance of stupidity completely from the equation. I vent my anger on a few occasions just so I don't let it build up, did that before, not good and have a few holes in the walls to show for it and broke some things that I had to replace, so I know the value of the things that it cost me. Drywall and other belongings can be fixed or replaced, bullet holes sometimes can't be and that is why I'm a responsible gun owner, by not owning one.

#12 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:53 PM

View PostNovaprime, on 06 December 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Oh, I know how to use a firearm and don't condemn those that do own them, though there is a person I question about owning one because of his temperament, because I won't own one because of my own temperament. I had a sharpshooter ranking with the .45 while in the Army, not easy to do with the POS weapons we were given.

I just have a bad temper and I might do something stupid, not that it would intentional but there is doubt when I lose it so I remove that chance of stupidity completely from the equation. I vent my anger on a few occasions just so I don't let it build up, did that before, not good and have a few holes in the walls to show for it and broke some things that I had to replace, so I know the value of the things that it cost me. Drywall and other belongings can be fixed or replaced, bullet holes sometimes can't be and that is why I'm a responsible gun owner, by not owning one.

:thumbsup: I have no objection to anyone not owning a firearm. It's a choice, not a command.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users