RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Four St. Louis police officers charged with beating undercover colleag - RightNation.US

Four St. Louis police officers charged with beating undercover colleag Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:12 PM

Four St. Louis police officers charged with beating undercover colleague

By Jeff Mordock - The Washington Times - Thursday, November 29, 2018
A federal grand jury in St. Louis indicted four city police officers Thursday on charges that three of them beat an uncover police officer last year and all four of them covered it up, the Justice Department said.

St. Louis Metropolitan Police Officers Dustin Boone, 35, Randy Hays, 31, and Christopher Myers, 27, slammed the undercover officer a 22-year police veteran to the ground, kicked him and beat him with a police baton, federal prosecutors said.

A fourth officer, Bailey Colleta, 25, is accused of lying to a federal grand jury investigating the incident.

The alleged attack occurred on Sept. 17, 2017, amid the chaos in downtown St. Louis following the acquittal of former police Officer Jason Stockley, who was accused of first-degree murder related to the shooting death of a civilian.

The victim, identified only by the initials L.H., was working undercover to record and document criminal activity so that the St. Louis police could arrest individuals who were committing crimes. He was compliant and not posing a physical threat to anyone, according to court papers.

The three officers accused of beating the officer face charges of willfully violating L.H.s constitutional rights. Mr. Myers faces a destruction of evidence charge for destroying L.H.s cellphone in an effort to frustrate the investigation. and Officer Colleta, 25, faces charges of attempting to obstruct grand jury proceedings.

<snip>

Link

#2 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

They need to come down HARD on stuff like this.

#3 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:03 PM

That department is an absolute mess. These dirtbags deserve what is coming to them

#4 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:20 PM

This is so far removed from what cops are supposed to be doing, they're a disgrace to the uniform. So far at least, it looks like they'll get what's coming to them. Makes you wonder though, how many times they've pulled this crap and gotten away with it.

#5 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:32 PM

View PostNH Populist, on 05 December 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

This is so far removed from what cops are supposed to be doing, they're a disgrace to the uniform. So far at least, it looks like they'll get what's coming to them. Makes you wonder though, how many times they've pulled this crap and gotten away with it.

As a supporter of LEO, I think the numbers fall on THEIR side. YES, there is the occasional "Bad cop". And they NEED to be weeded out. But I believe it to be a minuscule fraction.

#6 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

Who gets more time - these guys or the gal down in Texas who murdered her neighbor?

LEO's should face max penalties on any serious charges they face. Double penalties on serious felonies. I also like the idea that lawsuits should come out of their pension funds but I am guessing that wouldn't go over too well.

I haven't read everything they are accused of, so I wouldn't necessarily call for them to get 15 years in prison for working a guy over like that, but they should serve at least 5 years and never be allowed to serve in law enforcement. Let them serve as a sobering reminder to those (~99.8%) who serve honorably.

#7 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:55 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 05 December 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

As a supporter of LEO, I think the numbers fall on THEIR side. YES, there is the occasional "Bad cop". And they NEED to be weeded out. But I believe it to be a minuscule fraction.

I was thinking that there are around a million or so police officers in America. When you think about how many arrests are made daily, how much interactions with the public - now more than ever recorded by both sides, there really aren't that many 'bad cop' videos or reports making the news. And in so much that we do see these videos often, if thought of as 1 in a million or so, it seems to be a small small fraction of total officers.

Whether it's done with an agenda by the MSM or not, it also just seems like it's an epidemic because we constantly are shown the worst examples on a frequent basis. Five incidents or videos a week would only be a fraction of the total interactions that occur without problems.

#8 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:28 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 05 December 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

I was referring to the cops who've been charged, not cops in general. It's a shame this stuff happens, it just makes a good cop's job that much harder.

#9 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:47 AM

I don't even have to read the story. By seeing who posted it, it tells me that the undercover officer was black and the evil officers that beat him up were white. How did I do?

#10 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:03 AM

View PostTea Party Hooligan, on 06 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

I don't even have to read the story. By seeing who posted it, it tells me that the undercover officer was black and the evil officers that beat him up were white. How did I do?

Race of undercover officer not listed... So of coarse that means the at least one of the Cops was black and the victim white, or the victim was also black. But, there is this little nugget from another source.

That same day, Boone texted someone, "[I]t's gonna be a lot of fun beating the hell out of these <censored>heads once the sun goes down and nobody can tell us apart!!!" Boone also seemed giddy at the prospect of taking on the protesters alongside a fellow cop — someone he described as "a BIG OL black dude" — and boasted that he intended to forgo his baton and shield "just to <censored> people up when they don't act right!"

https://www.riverfro...tockley-protest

The four need to f'ng fry! They are the reason honest, hardworking, Officers get a bad wrap. Personally speaking, I think the best justice would be victim being able to bring a few friends and beat these S.O.B.'s to within an inch of their lives. I am willing to bet there are a number of officers who would gladly provide some attitude adjustment to these P.O.S.

Oki

Edit to add...
https://www.bbc.com/...canada-46403547

St Louis police charged for beating black undercover officer

But since one of the cops who did it was black.. No mention of races at least here in U.S. reporting.
Oki

This post has been edited by oki: 06 December 2018 - 09:50 AM

#11 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:32 AM

My downstairs neighbor was a STL city cop during all of this Ferguson BS. He was fried from working double shifts and getting hit with bottles of frozen piss.

This post has been edited by Buckwheat Jones: 06 December 2018 - 09:33 AM

#12 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:07 AM

Tea Party Hooligan, on 06 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

:yeahthat:

#13 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:41 AM

There's a picture of the officer that was beaten, but none of the officers charged. Do you know them? How do you know their ethnicities?

#14 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

Ladybird, on 06 December 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

There's a picture of the officer that was beaten, but none of the officers charged. Do you know them? How do you know their ethnicities?

He doesnt know. Hes making a reasonable presumption because you most always go racial.

#15 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:42 AM

View PostLadybird, on 06 December 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Because of how the media and certain people treat things based on the races of those involved.
In this case at least one of the Officers was black as well as the Undercover Officer who was beaten.

It's the exact same thing when both the Civilian/Victim is black as well as the officer.
Doesn't fit a narrative so it's not march, riot, Community Activist, or big story worthy. And that's just plain wrong.

Oki

#16 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:11 PM

View PostLadybird, on 06 December 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

So, the article names him only by initials so as to protect his undercover work.... and then shows a photo of his face.

:doh:

#17 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

No matter WHO posted the story, the undercover officer who was beaten has a legitimate complaint.

I never assume white cop good, black cop bad--no matter who posts a news article.

#18 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:02 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 06 December 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

So, the article names him only by initials so as to protect his undercover work.... and then shows a photo of his face.

:doh:

I read the article but didn't see his face anywhere. The guy being arrested in the photo I saw was not identified as the officer that was beaten, just that he was one of the rioters. At least that is what the small print said.

#19 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:12 PM

View PostASE, on 06 December 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

I read the article but didn't see his face anywhere. The guy being arrested in the photo I saw was not identified as the officer that was beaten, just that he was one of the rioters. At least that is what the small print said.

Nope that was simply a file photo of the cops busting a protestor. The undercover officer was pretty messed up.

He was beaten so badly that he eventually needed surgery to his neck and spine and could not eat for days because of the injuries to his face, including a 2cm hole above his lip, the Post-Dispatch reported.

This Foreign source lists the victim/undercover Officers race, another source states that one of the dirt bag cops looked forward to beating protestors as well as being happy to be on Sgt X's arrest team. That Sergeant is described as a big ol' black dude.

For all intents and purposes, at this point at least this doesn't appear to be racially motivated, simply P.O.S. cops who like to beat people.

Oki

#20 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:46 PM

View Postoki, on 06 December 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

Nope that was simply a file photo of the cops busting a protestor. The undercover officer was pretty messed up.

He was beaten so badly that he eventually needed surgery to his neck and spine and could not eat for days because of the injuries to his face, including a 2cm hole above his lip, the Post-Dispatch reported.

This Foreign source lists the victim/undercover Officers race, another source states that one of the dirt bag cops looked forward to beating protestors as well as being happy to be on Sgt X's arrest team. That Sergeant is described as a big ol' black dude.

For all intents and purposes, at this point at least this doesn't appear to be racially motivated, simply P.O.S. cops who like to beat people.

Oki

Good cops come in all colors, and so do terrible ones.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users