RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: When Do Legal Immigrants Get to 'Speak Out'? - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When Do Legal Immigrants Get to 'Speak Out'? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:23 AM

When Do Legal Immigrants Get to 'Speak Out'?

https://www.americanthinker.com
By Robert Oscar Lopez
January 3, 2019

Article:

I went to El Salvador last year. This commentary explains how the experience finally reconciled me with the conservative position on immigration. I emphasize the pain caused to a beautiful people, the Salvadorans, by their living in a state not like Jesus in Egypt, but more like the Babylonian captivity of the Old Testament. Sometimes history presents lose-lose scenarios where a trend has no winners. Illegal immigration belongs in such a category.

Since the Washington Post and the New York Times will never cover what I learned, I will "speak out" here. I hope it does some good.

Immigration is emotional

In the Los Angeles Civic Center, my wife took an oath to become a citizen. After sixteen years together, fourteen years of marriage, and over a decade with a green card, she had finally cleared all the hurdles, made her decision, and decided to become American.

Few experiences can rival such a scene. Masses of people from every corner of the globe, dressed in their finest, carry bouquets and snap photographs. This happened before the homelessness crisis caused tents and human waste to cover the sidewalks downtown.

I recall waiting with Iranians, Mexicans, Filipinos, Germans, British, Nigerians, Indians, Israelis, Russians, Poles, Cubans, Venezuelans, and Guatemalans, wiping the sweat from our multicolored brows, as we waited for our people to emerge with envelopes full of all-important papers.

Papers, papers, papers. I grew up knowing that documents really mattered. Because before my wife became a citizen, my mother and father were immigrants.

Full Story

#2 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

Leftist Dems want two things:

1. A population dumb, uneducated, and dependent on Government and those who promise them more and more.

2. A population that will above all else vote for them legally or not. Mix the two together and you have power for ever.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users