RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: GOP’s Steve Scalise shuts down Twitter debate on taxes with Ocasio-Cor - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GOP’s Steve Scalise shuts down Twitter debate on taxes with Ocasio-Cor Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 06 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

GOP’s Steve Scalise shuts down Twitter debate on taxes with Ocasio-Cortez after ‘radical followers’ allude to Virginia shooting

Dom Calicchio, Gregg Re
FNC
1/6/19

EXCERPT:

U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., abruptly halted a Twitter debate with newcomer Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York early Sunday morning after at least three commenters made references to the June 2017 shooting in which Scalise and three other people were shot by a left-wing activist.

“snipe his a--,” one Twitter user wrote, in support of Ocasio-Cortez. (The user later denied that the post was a call for political violence, writing, "not seeing any violence there sorry" and telling Fox News it referred only to a verbal "sniping.")

“she’s got better aim than James Hodgkinson, that’s for sure,” another wrote, comparing Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitter responses to the marksmanship of the suspect in the Virginia shooting, a Bernie Sanders supporter who later died in a shootout with police.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Kick his cane,” a third wrote.

As of late Sunday afternoon, Ocasio-Cortez had not commented on the tweets from the users cited by Scalise, even though she has published tweets on other subjects.

The anonymous comments came as multiple news outlets, without offering evidence, reported that conservatives had criticized Ocasio-Cortez for a viral video that surfaced last week showing her dancing on a rooftop while in college. In its article on the topic, Newsweek cited a single anonymous Twitter user to support its contention that conservatives were "mocking" Ocasio-Cortez.

(Full Story)

#2 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:10 PM

What else can you expect? All kidding aside, she’s starting to become tiresome.

#3 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

Those who made those threatening tweets can expect a visit from the alphabet people very soon.

I hope that they receive an anal exam from hell.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 06 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 06 January 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

Right on both counts.

B)

#5 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

We should count ourselves lucky if she were merely tiresome.

#6 User is online   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

Starting to become tiresome?? She’s been tiresome for a long time now.

I think Representative Scalise did exactly the right thing. Politely call out her foulmouthed followers and let her know that if she wants to continue the debate, they can do it on the House floor. Great response Representative Scalise! Don’t feed the trolls.

#7 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:29 PM

View PostBootsieBets, on 07 January 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

Starting to become tiresome?? She’s been tiresome for a long time now.

I guess I'm easily amused.

https://i.imgflip.com/2pf0dc.jpg

View PostBootsieBets, on 07 January 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

I think Representative Scalise did exactly the right thing. Politely call out her foulmouthed followers and let her know that if she wants to continue the debate, they can do it on the House floor. Great response Representative Scalise! Don’t feed the trolls.

Why is she even "debating" over Twitter, anyway? Doesn't she have enough command of this or any other issue to be able to debate in person in front of a live audience in real time? [Rhetorical question]

https://pics.me.me/breaking-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-she-will-consider-debating-ben-shapiro-35547355.png

#8 User is online   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 07 January 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

Why is she even "debating" over Twitter, anyway? Doesn't she have enough command of this or any other issue to be able to debate in person in front of a live audience in real time? [Rhetorical question]

https://pics.me.me/breaking-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-she-will-consider-debating-ben-shapiro-35547355.png

Well, of course she doesn’t! She is going to get a rude awakening when she actually is on the Floor and finds out that there will be other representatives contesting her ideas and expect her to have actual facts to support them! She is so used to her only form of “debate” being slavering pundits or her twitter account that she must think that is how the legislature works. After all, she doesn’t know how anything else in the government actually functions.

#9 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

Somebody get her an apple...

#10 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:24 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 07 January 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

Somebody get her an apple...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/85/217428440_cd63e1ce1f.jpg

”...like, I’m morally right...”

#11 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 07 January 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

I guess I'm easily amused.

https://i.imgflip.com/2pf0dc.jpg

Doubles his offer? :lol3:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users