RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Boston Marathon bombing amputee Adrianne Haslet hit by car: 'I' - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Boston Marathon bombing amputee Adrianne Haslet hit by car: 'I' Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

  • Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 27,610
  • Joined: 01-April 03

  Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

Boston Marathon bombing amputee Adrianne Haslet hit by car: 'I'm completely broken'
USA Today - John Bacon - link

A professional dancer who lost part of a leg in the Boston Marathon bombings but returned to dancing and running was recovering in a hospital Monday after being hit by a car.

Adrianne Haslet, now a global advocate for amputee rights, posted an Instagram photo of herself Sunday wearing a neck brace in a hospital bed.

"Struck by a car on Commonwealth Avenue, while on a crosswalk," she wrote. "Thrown into the air and landed, crushing the left side of my body. Yesterday. Iím completely broken. More surgery to come."
*snip*
**********************

Remind me never to be in an electrical storm, ride in a car or get on a plane with this woman...
0

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 54,138
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:19 PM

Sheesh, that poor woman just can't get a break (no jokes about breaking bones, please)...


View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 07 January 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

Remind me never to be in an electrical storm, ride in a car or get on a plane with this woman...


Yeah, it's one of those "What Could Possibly Go Wrong" situations.

:pinch:
0

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 14,058
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:29 PM

Quote

Police said darkness and rain may have been factors in the crash Saturday,


Other factors may have been texting while driving, intoxication, or from years of personal experience, failure to yield. Pedestrians always have the right of way.
0

#4 User is offline   zurg 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 25,910
  • Joined: 19-October 09

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:21 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 07 January 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

Other factors may have been texting while driving, intoxication, or from years of personal experience, failure to yield. Pedestrians always have the right of way.

I lived in Boston long enough to know that those drivers think they always have the right of way.

Itís hard to imagine more obnoxious drivers than Bostonians, and that includes all of NYC and LI, and Paris and Mexico City.
0

#5 User is online   Hieronymous 

  • Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 8,507
  • Joined: 16-April 09

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:53 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 07 January 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

Other factors may have been texting while driving, intoxication, or from years of personal experience, failure to yield. Pedestrians always have the right of way.

Unless it is China. Pedestrian right of way didn't seem real popular when I visited PI either. But in the US, sure, although I would never count on it.

Hope the lady recovers. She obviously has been through enough.
0

#6 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

  • Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,124
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:16 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 07 January 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

Other factors may have been texting while driving, intoxication, or from years of personal experience, failure to yield. Pedestrians always have the right of way.


While true, I always remember LGT (Law of Gross Tonnage).

The larger one ALWAYS wins.
Usually applicable in vehicle vs vehicle, but even more accurate when it's vehicle vs human.
Two seconds to look before crossing is way better then dead or seriously injured.
0

#7 User is offline   grimreefer 

  • U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter
  • Posts: 4,731
  • Joined: 18-December 03

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:29 AM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 08 January 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

While true, I always remember LGT (Law of Gross Tonnage).

The larger one ALWAYS wins.
Usually applicable in vehicle vs vehicle, but even more accurate when it's vehicle vs human.
Two seconds to look before crossing is way better then dead or seriously injured.

"I Was Right" could be engraved on a lot of tombstones.
0

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

  • Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold
  • Posts: 54,138
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:14 AM

View PostHieronymous, on 07 January 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

Unless it is China. Pedestrian right of way didn't seem real popular when I visited PI either. But in the US, sure, although I would never count on it.

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 08 January 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

While true, I always remember LGT (Law of Gross Tonnage).

The larger one ALWAYS wins.
Usually applicable in vehicle vs vehicle, but even more accurate when it's vehicle vs human.
Two seconds to look before crossing is way better then dead or seriously injured.

View Postgrimreefer, on 08 January 2019 - 12:29 AM, said:

"I Was Right" could be engraved on a lot of tombstones.


Yup, something I have tried to drill into people's heads, usually to no avail:

"Yes, legally you have the right of way. That'll be a great argument you can use as they're scraping your carcass up off the crosswalk..."

:coolshades:
0

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,438
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:24 AM

View PostHieronymous, on 07 January 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

Unless it is China. Pedestrian right of way didn't seem real popular when I visited PI either. But in the US, sure, although I would never count on it.

Hope the lady recovers. She obviously has been through enough.


It's not real popular in NY either. Of course neither is obeying traffic signals by pedestrians.
0

#10 User is offline   Dutch13 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 16,043
  • Joined: 02-May 06

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:19 AM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 08 January 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

While true, I always remember LGT (Law of Gross Tonnage).

The larger one ALWAYS wins.
Usually applicable in vehicle vs vehicle, but even more accurate when it's vehicle vs human.
Two seconds to look before crossing is way better then dead or seriously injured.


This times a billion!!!








0

#11 User is offline   BootsieBets 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 373
  • Joined: 13-August 18

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:32 AM

View Postzurg, on 07 January 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

I lived in Boston long enough to know that those drivers think they always have the right of way.

Itís hard to imagine more obnoxious drivers than Bostonians, and that includes all of NYC and LI, and Paris and Mexico City.

I work on a university campus and, boy, do you yield to pedestrians. The campus police will nail you for sure for not stopping for them. I even saw someone get red lighted (he didnít end up stopping him) for going through the pedestrian walk after the pedestrian waved him on. I donít do that Ė I wait for them to cross!

But, I also am very careful to make sure whenever I am crossing the street that the cars are stopped for me.
0

#12 User is offline   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 14,058
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 08 January 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

While true, I always remember LGT (Law of Gross Tonnage).

The larger one ALWAYS wins.
Usually applicable in vehicle vs vehicle, but even more accurate when it's vehicle vs human.
Two seconds to look before crossing is way better then dead or seriously injured.


I'm not denying physics. I pointed to other factors that might have been involved. The cops seem quick to blame the weather and time of day. Glossing over responsibility on the part of the driver or the pedestrian. I doubt that Ms. Haslet is a loper.

I always look when crossing the street. I even look over my shoulder for any traffic that might be turning. Sure enough, when I think that I am clear, I hear tires screeching, a horn blaring, and some jackass flipping me the bird with one hand and his iPhone in the other.
0

#13 User is offline   Novaprime 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 760
  • Joined: 28-July 03

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:46 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 08 January 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

I'm not denying physics. I pointed to other factors that might have been involved. The cops seem quick to blame the weather and time of day. Glossing over responsibility on the part of the driver or the pedestrian. I doubt that Ms. Haslet is a loper.

I always look when crossing the street. I even look over my shoulder for any traffic that might be turning. Sure enough, when I think that I am clear, I hear tires screeching, a horn blaring, and some jackass flipping me the bird with one hand and his iPhone in the other.

I read the story from another site, can't remember where right off hand, that the driver stated he didn't see her because she was wearing dark clothes, at night and in the rain. While that may be valid, to cause the damage he did to her, he had to be making that turn at a speed where there was no way he could have stopped even if he saw her.
0

#14 User is offline   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 14,058
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

View PostNovaprime, on 08 January 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

I read the story from another site, can't remember where right off hand, that the driver stated he didn't see her because she was wearing dark clothes, at night and in the rain. While that may be valid, to cause the damage he did to her, he had to be making that turn at a speed where there was no way he could have stopped even if he saw her.


That seems how the accident occurred. As a "walker", I have a bias toward the pedestrian's account over the driver's. I can counted how many near-misses I have had on the fingers and toes of everyone on this board.
0

#15 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

  • Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 27,610
  • Joined: 01-April 03

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

Here in CA, pedestrians walk out in front of you while watching you drive toward them and DARE you to hit them.

Children over the age of 10 are particularly good at this. They like to see who can cause the longest line of cars while standing in the road ( no, they don't honor cross walks so much around here)
0

#16 User is offline   Bookdoc 

  • Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 4,845
  • Joined: 07-September 05

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

View Postzurg, on 07 January 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

I lived in Boston long enough to know that those drivers think they always have the right of way.

Itís hard to imagine more obnoxious drivers than Bostonians, and that includes all of NYC and LI, and Paris and Mexico City.

Great Caesar's Ghost! I've driven in NYC AND Mexico City and Boston drivers are WORSE? Another good reason to avoid that libturd rats nest.
0

#17 User is offline   Bookdoc 

  • Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 4,845
  • Joined: 07-September 05

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:50 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 08 January 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

Here in CA, pedestrians walk out in front of you while watching you drive toward them and DARE you to hit them.

Children over the age of 10 are particularly good at this. They like to see who can cause the longest line of cars while standing in the road ( no, they don't honor cross walks so much around here)

Just try driving on High Street past the OSU campus during the school year-the students seem to think they are immortal...
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users