RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: ‘Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!’ Reboot Ordered By Travel Channel - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

‘Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!’ Reboot Ordered By Travel Channel Bruce Campbell To Host Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:54 AM

'Ripley's Believe It Or Not!' Reboot Ordered By Travel Channel; Bruce Campbell To Host
by Denise Petski
January 2, 2019 11:16am
Deadline.com

<More Here>

Ripley's Believe It or Not! is making yet another return, 100 years after Robert L. Ripley launched the brand. Travel Channel is rebooting the iconic series, with Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, Burn Notice) as host and executive producer.

Travel Channel has ordered 10 one-hour episodes of the series "that will showcase the most astonishing, real and one-of-a-kind stories," according to the channel. Currently in production, the series will be shot on location at the famed Ripley Warehouse in Orlando, Florida, and will incorporate incredible stories from all parts of the globe — from Brazil to Baltimore. The series is slated to premiere in summer 2019.

"Travel Channel fans have an insatiable curiosity about the world and sharing this wonderful and weird series with the next generation of fans is a thrill," says Jane Latman, general manager, Travel Channel. "This entirely new version of Ripley's is a fresh contemporary approach to the odd and unusual and will be jam-packed with larger-than-life characters, cool facts, history and science."

"Ripley's Believe It or Not! has a long history of television shows, dating back to the first one hosted by Robert Ripley himself in 1949," said Norm Deska, executive vice president of intellectual property, Ripley's Believe It or Not!. "We could not be more excited to return to television in 2019 with an all-new show on the Travel Channel."

The first Ripley's Believe It or Not! series aired on NBC from 1949 to 1950, and was hosted by Robert L. Ripley until his death, after which several substitute hosts filled in. ABC revived the series in the 1980s with Jack Palance as the primary host. Another revival debuted on TBS in 2000, and aired until 2003, with Dean Cain as host. A Filipino version, hosted by Chris Tiu, debuted in 2008, and an animated series based on the Ripley's franchise also was created.

Former Burn Notice star Campbell most recently was seen on AMC's Lodge 49 and on Starz's Ash vs. Evil Dead, reprising his Ash Williams role from Sam Raimi's Evil Dead franchise.

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:49 AM

I used to watch that show occasionally. I might give it another shot (depending, of course, on when it airs.)

B)

#3 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:54 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 January 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

I used to watch that show occasionally. I might give it another shot (depending, of course, on when it airs.)

B)

I was more interested in who the new host is.

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:02 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 08 January 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

I was more interested in who the new host is.

:shrug:

I've never heard of him before, and never watched the shows they named.

#5 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:07 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 January 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

You should seriously watch Army of Darkness. It's hilarious.

#6 User is offline   BARman29 

• Stay resolute.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:26 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 08 January 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

[size=2]

You should seriously watch Army of Darkness. It's hilarious.

Hope it's not politicized. Should give Mysteries at the Museum a run for the money.

#7 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:37 PM

I liked him in Bubba Ho-Tep.

#8 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:43 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 08 January 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

The guy from the Evil Dead horror films.

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

View Postscotsman, on 09 January 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

The guy from the Evil Dead horror films.

Never heard of them.

#10 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 08 January 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

The first Ripley's Believe It or Not! series aired on NBC from 1949 to 1950, and was hosted by Robert L. Ripley until his death, after which several substitute hosts filled in. ABC revived the series in the 1980s with Jack Palance as the primary host. Another revival debuted on TBS in 2000, and aired until 2003, with Dean Cain as host. A Filipino version, hosted by Chris Tiu, debuted in 2008, and an animated series based on the Ripley's franchise also was created.l]

I liked the 1980s one with Jack Palance. I don't think I've ever seen reruns of the '49-'50 original.

I like Bruce Campbell, mostly from Burn Notice, but I don't think he'll be able to bring a sense of the macabre to it like Palance could. I'll probably give it a try.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users