RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Democratic Operatives Used Misleading Facebook - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Democratic Operatives Used Misleading Facebook Pages To Suppress GOP Turnout In Midterms Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

Democratic Operatives Used Misleading Facebook Pages To Suppress GOP Turnout In Midterms

The Daily Caller
9:37 PM 01/08/2019 | Politics
Peter Hasson | Reporter

excerpt:

• Democratic operatives, led by a former Obama official, bought ads on misleading Facebook pages to suppress GOP turnout in the midterm elections.
  • The pages appear to be designed to give the impression that they were operated by disgruntled conservatives rather than Democratic operatives.
  • The operatives were funded by left-wing billionaire Reid Hoffman, who previously funded a “false flag” effort in the 2017 Alabama special election.

Democratic operatives funded by left-wing tech billionaire Reid Hoffman ran a widespread campaign using misleading Facebook pages in the run-up to the 2018 midterm elections, The Daily Caller News Foundation has found.

American Engagement Technologies (AET), which was founded by former Obama administration official Mikey Dickerson, bought ads for two Facebook pages, “The Daily Real” and “Today’s Nation,” encouraging Republican voters to stay home in the midterm elections, Facebook’s ad archives show.

Both pages appear to be designed to give the impression that they were operated by frustrated conservatives rather than by Democratic operatives.

The American flag-adorned pages encouraged conservative voters to either stay home in November or vote for Democrats to punish Republicans for being insufficiently conservative. Other ads called polls predicting a “blue wave” in the 2018 elections “unreliable” and downplayed the election’s importance.

The misleading ads collectively garnered millions of impressions on Facebook, TheDCNF’s review of Facebook’s archives found.

Hoffman, a co-founder of LinkedIn and an early investor in Facebook, previously acknowledged funding AET after both he and the group came under fire for running a self-described “false flag” campaign during the 2017 Alabama special election. That misinformation campaign was intended to falsely link Republican senatorial candidate Roy Moore to Russian influence operations.

*SNIP*

LINK

:o (not really)

Yeah... I always loved the "I'm a lifelong Republican, BUT..." posts. IIRC, certain "news" outlets were/are also using "Republicans" that, for some mysterious reason, always donated to democrats and/or their organizations. :o (not really again)

This post has been edited by grimreefer: 08 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

#2 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:16 PM

View Postgrimreefer, on 08 January 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

:o (not really)

Yeah... I always loved the "I'm a lifelong Republican, BUT..." posts. IIRC, certain "news" outlets were/are also using "Republicans" that, for some mysterious reason, always donated to democrats and/or their organizations. :o (not really again)

Every two years, when it get close to either a Presidential or gubernatorial elections, radio host Howie Carr gets "life long Republicans" calling in to complain about the current Republican candidate. Carr proves they are Democrat operatives when they can't name the last Republican candidate they voted for.

#3 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:05 AM

If you were stupid enough to fall for this, just jump off a damn bridge. If your convictions of the heart don't let you realize that electing ANY democrat today is like electing lucifer himself then you don't deserve to carry the title of conservative. You are the enemy of our Constitution. DEFEND it, and DEAL ONLY with our side in the primary. If you don't like the primary result fight next time. I voted for Martha Roby (again) I despise her, however, the alternative was a leftist idiot. So sorry I am not going to NOT show up so that moron can win.

#4 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:29 AM

Isn't this the same tactic Leftists are accusing Trump of doing with Russian operatives? I'm pretty sure it is and why poor Hillary is still wandering in the forest asking raccoons and chipmunks "What happened"? :giggle:

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 09 January 2019 - 07:29 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users