RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 'The Brave Ones': Meet Zimbabwe's All-Female - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

'The Brave Ones': Meet Zimbabwe's All-Female Sharpshooting Anti-Poacher Squad Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:19 AM

'The Brave Ones': Meet Zimbabwe's All-Female Sharpshooting Anti-Poacher Squad

"Zimbabwe's hidden weapon against poachers"

The Daily Wire
By Paul Bois
January 8, 2019

excerpt:

They're the kind of subjects that movies are made of, except the truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. Zimbabwe calls them the Akashinga squad ("The Brave Ones"), an all-female band of sharpshooting anti-poacher hunters, and they mean business.

"Abused and disadvantaged women have become Zimbabwe's hidden weapon against poachers who kill elephants and rhinos for their tusks and horns," says CBS News of the squad. "The Akashinga squad is Zimbabwe's first all-female anti-poaching team that has quickly earned a top reputation as sharpshooters."

In the past year, this band of "Brave Ones" has arrested over 80 armed poachers, many of whom pose as much of a threat to human life as they do to animal life. According to Save The Rhino, "at least 1,000 rangers have died in the line of duty in a decade, with many more unreported casualties."

"In 2015 alone, 42% of ranger deaths were due to attacks by poachers, compared to the 17% killed by wild animals," reports the organization.

No doubt, the Akashinga squad performs a tremendous service. Sometimes they operate in full stealth and the poachers have no idea of their presence. Petronella Chigumbura, so-called "the star sniper of the squad," often dons a camouflage suit while patrolling solo at night.

"When I wear this suit no one can see me, and I can hide from the poacher," Chigumbura told CBS News foreign correspondent Debora Patta in a report for "Down to Earth" by CBS News on Facebook Watch.

Recruited by former Australian Special Ops soldier Damien Mander, many of the women come from difficult backgrounds, from crippling poverty to domestic violence. Member Nyaradzo Hoto spoke of the horrors of fleeing her allegedly abusive husband, which is not exactly the easiest task in an African country.

"The abusive thing was refusing me to find a job, to look for a job, and to proceed with my education. That's where the fight starts," she said. "Sometimes he clubs, he hits me."

Hoto's husband allegedly frequently beat her so badly that she could not stand up sometimes. Today, with her high-caliber rifle, she has a newfound sense of confidence.

*SNIP*

LINK

:hunter:

#2 User is offline   usapatriot 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

A woman with a gun...now that's what I call equality! No matter how many times leftist, feminist lunatics state there is no difference between males and females, sane people know women are on average MUCH smaller and weaker than males. Thus, deviant males will have the physical advantage to abuse women UNLESS women equalize their disadvantage with a gun as in this recent example in Chicago (https://www.breitbar...ts-robber-dead/). This is just one important reason why there shouldn't be ANY restrictions on law-abiding citizens owning a gun (another important reason is for the government to be afraid of their citizens or we get what happened in Germany after Hitler confiscated guns and in Valenzuela after Chavez confiscated guns).

#3 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

usapatriot, on 09 January 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

A woman with a gun...now that's what I call equality! No matter how many times leftist, feminist lunatics state there is no difference between males and females, sane people know women are on average MUCH smaller and weaker than males. Thus, deviant males will have the physical advantage to abuse women UNLESS women equalize their disadvantage with a gun as in this recent example in Chicago (https://www.breitbar...ts-robber-dead/). This is just one important reason why there shouldn't be ANY restrictions on law-abiding citizens owning a gun (another important reason is for the government to be afraid of their citizens or we get what happened in Germany after Hitler confiscated guns and in Valenzuela after Chavez confiscated guns).

Exactly. You tell me what else can make an 80 year old Great Grandma on par with a 20 year old thug? What will even the odds for a tiny abused wife against a husband 2 or 3 times her size? What will give a woman alone in her home a fighting chance against an armed rapist?

Oki

#4 User is offline   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

Good hunting, Ladies. :2up:

#5 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:23 PM

Happy Hunting, Ladies! Show no restraint!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users