RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Starbucks learns the price of virtue-signaling, now must install needl - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Starbucks learns the price of virtue-signaling, now must install needl Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:31 PM

Starbucks learns the price of virtue-signaling, now must install needle disposal boxes in bathrooms 'open to all'

https://www.americanthinker.com
By Thomas Lifson
January 10, 2019

Article:

The expression "clueless liberal" now has an emblem: the Starbucks logo. The coffee chain has discovered what anyone who understands human nature could have predicted Ė as many of us did. When the chain announced last May that it was opening its bathrooms to non-customers and allowing them to stay in its stores as long as they want without paying for anything, it was utterly predictable that all sorts of troubled people with nowhere else to shoot up, turn tricks, or bathe would start using the restrooms of the virtue-signaling chain.

A quick refresher from our pages on the events that led the Seattle-based chain to makes its bathrooms into public restrooms. Colin Flaherty explained last May:

[W]hen a couple of black people a few weeks ago wanted to use the restroom at a Starbucks in Philadelphia without buying anything, and they refused three requests from employees to leave and three more requests from the cops to do the same, Starbucks took the only action open to it: give the black people lots of free stuff, then hold a racial sensitivity training session for 177,000 employees of Starbucks.

The indoctrination was accompanied by a change in policy, that its restrooms would be "open to all," as would its seating.

The indoctrination forced employees to deal with a whole set of new anxieties over handling the consequences of the edict from the top. Eileen F. Toplansky noted the stress this would be causing:

In essence, Starbucks is now insisting that its workers maintain a constant low grade of anxiety. As a result, they will surely hesitate to take action that could reduce risks. Hence, a dirty vagrant, a stoned out individual, or a visibly ill person will be able to sit in a Starbucks for as long as he wants. The workers have now been mandated to ignore their instincts concerning possible harmful consequences.

By cloaking this ill advised approach under the rubric of purported bias, Starbucks is demanding a diminution of the alarm bells with which Providence has endowed humans. Clearly, such a situation does not help the afflicted, who would be better served in a hospital or a shelter. Certainly, it does not help Starbucks's bottom line as customers take their business elsewhere. Ultimately, employees are now programmed to ignore problems, since nothing is to be viewed as particularly troublesome or disturbing in the barista utopia.

And, as our own Monica Showalter predicted right from the start of the virtue-signaling, on May 11:

For those of us who do buy Starbucks coffee, we know what this policy change means: an open invitation to the homeless to bring in hepatitis, trash, used syringes, solicitations for spare change, and all the other detritus of their uncured condition to Starbucks bathrooms. The fact that Starbucks will be the only business with such a policy means that all of the homeless will concentrate in these outlets. ...

So is Starbucks prepared to corral its baristas into double-duty, non-stop bathroom cleaning from those who choose to camp out on its grounds? And make coffee for customers at the same time?

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:48 PM

Their employees are placed in a higher than necessary level of danger because of this policy.

They should be given hazard pay and they should be offered life insurance at no charge.

They should also change the stores so that the employees are protected behind safety glass.

If the 1% rich dude who owns the company cares about people, his employees should come first, but I', thinking they don't count when compared to his global approval rating.

#3 User is online   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

I would rather quit drinking coffee than go t a Starbucks so this has no direct effect on me but I don't think the idea will end well.

Mark

#4 User is online   First Sarge 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:26 AM

never go to Starbucks any way, as overpriced burnt and bitter coffee is not my thing.

#5 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:57 AM

Starbucks and their asinine policies like this are why they have gone from being a place I didnít like but would go to in a pinch for coffee when out and about to a business I refuse to go to period.

#6 User is offline   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/2r1890.jpg

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users