RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trump’s Oval Office address was a pure propaganda opportunity. Network - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump’s Oval Office address was a pure propaganda opportunity. Network Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

Trump’s Oval Office address was a pure propaganda opportunity. Networks shouldn’t allow it next time.

By Margaret Sullivan
Media columnist
January 9 at 11:01 AM
Washington Post
Excerpt:

After Tuesday night’s debacle in the Oval Office, television network executives should be spending the day in their spacious offices practicing a simple word: No.

No, Mr. President, you may not break into prime-time programming to fundraise and mislead.

They’ll need to practice because you can be sure that the request will come again. And again.

Let’s be clear: There was no — zero — news in President Trump’s address to the nation last night.

There were high-drama quotes: “crisis of the soul.” There was fearmongering: “I’ve met with dozens of families whose loved ones were stolen by illegal immigration.”

But there wasn’t anything of substance that we haven’t heard many times before.

And all the fact-checking in the world — worthy as it is — can’t make a dent in the spread of misinformation that such an opportunity gives the president.

The casual viewer would probably come away from Trump’s speech with the impression that there is a dangerously high crime rate among the immigrant population. Such is the power of repetition.

That viewer would probably come away with the idea that there is more illegal entry into the United States than ever before. Again, the power of repetition.

If not, then where’s the crisis?

<edit>

I wouldn’t suggest, for a moment, that network television and the rest of the mainstream media should ignore what the president says. That would be irresponsible, not to mention impossible.

Especially with 800,000 federal workers bearing the brunt of an unnecessary government shutdown, there is inherent news value in what’s going on. News organizations are rightly focused on that, including on the president’s attempts to justify it.

But broadcasting him live and unfiltered — whether in an Oval Office speech, or an impromptu news conference, or at a campaign rally — has been a bad idea for quite some time.

Instead, whatever news is produced can be presented in context with facts woven in from the start: Truth first.

Article

Oh definitely, let the media decide on what edited, out of context sound bites we could hear in between the prebuttal and rebuttal delivered by our betters like Don Lemon or Jim Acosta.

#2 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

ORANGE MAN BAD!!!TM :tantrum:

I think Margie needs to detox.

#3 User is online   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

Related:

LEMON: Do you think there should be — I don’t know, a delay of some sort? And then you can — because people believe, the president will say what he has to say, people will believe it whether the facts are true or not. I guess that’s the chance you take with any president —

CUOMO: Yeah!

LEMON: — but this one is different. And then, by the times the rebuttals come on, we’ve already promoted propaganda, possibly, unless he gets up there and tells the truth.

CUOMO: He has his right to make the argument to the American people. And by the way, wanting barriers along the border is not propaganda.

LEMON: No, no, no —

Also Related:

TV editor fired for doctoring video of Trump’s border speech

https://hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Trump-edit.jpg

#4 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:52 PM

No, Mr. President, you may not break into prime-time programming to fundraise and mislead.

I said the same thing when Barack 0bama interrupted the airwaves to announce that he killed Osama bin Laden.

And, Miss "Democracy Dies in Darkness", federal workers are not getting paid because the Democrats value power before and over people.

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

They're so pissed that their attempt to make this into a joke against Trump with their rebuttal that had failed so miserably! :biglaugh:

Trump wins again!

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 10 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

#6 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 10 January 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

I said the same thing when Barack 0bama interrupted the airwaves to announce that he killed Osama bin Laden.

And, Miss "Democracy Dies in Darkness", federal workers are not getting paid because the Democrats value power before and over people.

Exactly the first thing that came to my mind.

These leftard sycophants were on their knees with excitement and drooling while Ovomit pontificated and spewed lie after lie while committing treason from the Oval Office and not a single one of them had a problem with it.

Bitch can shove her opinion up her butt right next to her head.

#7 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:53 PM

View PostGertie Keddle, on 10 January 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

Also Related:

TV editor fired for doctoring video of Trump’s border speech

https://hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Trump-edit.jpg

there is no media bias

derp

#8 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:20 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 10 January 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

there is no media bias

derp

Voters know the truth - its the main thing that matters.

#9 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:08 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 10 January 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

there is no media bias

derp

Anecdotal, doesn't count. :whistling:

#10 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

View Postzurg, on 11 January 2019 - 12:20 AM, said:

Voters know the truth - its the main thing that matters.

And they are so well informed about the truth they went to the polls last year and handed the House to the Democrats.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users