RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Earthís magnetic pole is on the move, fast. And we donít know why - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Earthís magnetic pole is on the move, fast. And we donít know why Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

Earth's magnetic pole is on the move, fast. And we don't know why
Jamie Seidel
News Corp Australia Network
JANUARY 11, 20199:41AM

<More Here>

Planet Earth is alive. Deep beneath its skin, its life blood ó rivers of molten iron ó pulse around its core. And this mobile iron is what generates the magnetic field that causes auroras ó and keeps us alive. But, according to the science journal Nature, something strange is going on deep down below. It's causing the magnetic North Pole to 'skitter' away from Canada, towards Siberia. "The magnetic pole is moving so quickly that it has forced the world's geomagnetism experts into a rare move," Nature reports.

On January 30 (delayed due to the US Government shutdown), the World Magnetic Model ó which governs modern navigation systems ó is due to undergo an urgent update. This model is a vital component of systems ranging from geopositioning systems used to navigate ships through to smartphone trackers and maps. The current model was expected to be valid until 2020. But the magnetic pole began to shift so quickly, it was realised in 2018 that the model had to be fixed ó now. "They realised that it was so inaccurate that it was about to exceed the acceptable (safe) limit for navigational errors," Nature reports.

FICKLE TIDES

Every year, geophysicists from the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the British Geological Survey do a check on how the Earth's magnetic field is varying. This is necessary as the liquid iron churning in the Earth's core does not move in a consistent manner. "In 2016, for instance, part of the magnetic field temporarily accelerated deep under northern South America and the eastern Pacific Ocean," Nature reports. This shift was captured by satellites.

But the movement of the north magnetic pole has been the object of study since 1831. Initially, it was tracked moving into the Arctic Ocean at a rate of about 15km each year. But, since the mid 1990s, it has picked up speed. It's now shifting at a rate of about 55km a year. But another recent study has revealed the Earth's magnetic field has been acting up now for some 1000 years.

CORE OF THE MATTER

Why the magnetic field is shifting so dramatically is unknown.

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:32 AM

Buckle up.

#3 User is offline   DJGoody 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

Man-made Global Warming of course! If we don't act now, and give up all our money we will all surely die!

#4 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

http://savvysleever.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/chicken-little.jpg

#5 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:00 AM

#6 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:18 AM

Itís the Mole People.

#7 User is offline   bigpapa 

• Zygotista
  • Group: Gold

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

Man made magnetic change. I'm going to write a book...after pocketing a couple of research grants.

#8 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

This is happening because government has collected way to much money as is causing the Earth's magnets to be attracted thus causing this...

Oki

#9 User is offline   Bubbajoebob 

• M dwarf stars
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:03 PM

For the past several million years Earth's magnetic poles have reversed on average every 200,000 to 300,000 years. It's been almost 800,000 years since the last time they flipped: we're due for one. It'll be a rough ride when it happens. During the transition there will be multiple magnetic north and south poles all over the Earth -- not terribly useful for navigation, and remember some animals use magnetic fields for navigation. Also, Earth's magnetic field protects us from the solar wind and some cosmic rays. With the magnetic field in turmoil we'll lose some of that protection -- more radiation from space, big changes in weather, etc. I've seen some experts say maybe this acceleration of the motion of the magnetic north pole is a sign the flip is about to begin. I hope they're wrong.

#10 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:39 PM

The Earth is just upset about all of these retarded millennial snowflake crybaby freaks that are now on it's surface. :lol:

Just as with the Cali earthquakes, the planet is saying to these nutbags "GET OFF OF ME!"

#11 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

The Earth’s northern magnetic pole has begun a caravan march to the Northern border of the US. The pole demands not only asylum, but compensation for every time the Imperialisic US military has used a compass, stealing the use of the North Poles direction finding ability without compensation and worse, in the promulgation of illegal wars around the world. In support, many states and cities have declared themselves magnetic sanctuaries, and people are protesting with Magnetic Lives Matter and Poles Up Don’t Shoot signs. President Trump,has warned that if the North Pole doesn’t stop and return to its home he will deploy military electro magnets to the northern border. Democrats in Congress have disparaged this approach, claiming Trump is a magneticist and refused funding, while calling for more foreign aid and funds to fight climate change, which 97% of “scientists” who’s research is funded by government say is causing the polar shift.

This post has been edited by Severian: 11 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

#12 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:09 PM

I don't know what's under Earth's surface NOW, but I know what's going to be under it in about 800,000 years from now...

http://www.thepropgallery.com/media/wysiwyg/The-Time-Machine-Original-Morlock_06.jpg

The future Democratic Party Leadership....

#13 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

Itís causing the magnetic North Pole to Ďskitterí away from Canada, towards Siberia.

https://i.imgflip.com/2qxiez.jpg

#14 User is offline   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

View Poststick, on 11 January 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

I don't know what's under Earth's surface NOW, but I know what's going to be under it in about 800,000 years from now...

http://www.thepropgallery.com/media/wysiwyg/The-Time-Machine-Original-Morlock_06.jpg

The future Democratic Party Leadership....

#15 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

View PostModerator T, on 11 January 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

https://i.imgflip.com/2qxiez.jpg

I think you're on to something. Trump gave Russia a little more of the magnetic pole...wonder what he got in return?

:ph34r:

#16 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

Hitler and the Nazis at the Pole. I'm tellin ya.

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:52 PM

View Postscotsman, on 11 January 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

Well they did invade Poland in 1939...

:whistling:

#18 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:29 AM

View Postscotsman, on 11 January 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

I hadn't heard that they'd returned from the moon yet. Sneaky bastards.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users