RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: DeSantis Suspends Sheriff After Poor Response - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DeSantis Suspends Sheriff After Poor Response To Parkland Shooting Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:18 AM

DeSantis Suspends Sheriff After Poor Response To Parkland Shooting

The Daily Caller
6:52 PM 01/11/2019
Neetu Chandak | Education and Politics Reporter

excerpt:

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis officially suspended Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel on Friday after his poor response to the Parkland high school shooting Feb. 14, 2018.

“Effective immediately, I am officially suspending Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel for his repeated failures, incompetence and neglect of duty,” DeSantis tweeted Friday.

Israel reportedly told his officers he was suspended, but DeSantis had not announced any such decision, The Daily Caller previously reported.

Calls to suspend the sheriff were immediate after the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission released a report detailing the failures that happened the day of the shooting.

Revelations included police not going after suspected gunman Nikolas Cruz in a timely manner and chaotic radio communication, the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported.

*SNIP*

LINK

:clap: About damn time.

#2 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:26 AM

Loesch Tells Sheriff Israel To Stop His ‘Politicking’ After His Suspension

The Daily Caller
8:57 PM 01/11/2019 | Media
Mike Brest | Reporter

excerpt:

NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch told suspended Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel he should stop his “politicking” and accept his punishment on “The Story With Martha MacCallum” on Friday night.

Israel was officially suspended by Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, who appointed Coral Springs police Sgt. Gregory Tony in his place, on Friday.

*SNIP*

In a press conference, he said, “I intend to vigorously fight this unjustified suspension both in court, and before the Florida Senate. This was about politics, not about Parkland. And now the National Rifle Association controls the governor’s actions. And they are now trying to control law enforcement in Broward County.”

Loesch added, “Yeah, well, I think he needs to say that to the families. Tell the families that it was unjustified, this is not about the NRA. This is about 17 lives lost, 17 lives that should not have been lost and could’ve been prevented. He needs to stop his politicking, he has been held accountable.”

Last February, Nikolas Cruz is accused of opening fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School killing 17 people. Israel’s sheriff’s deputies stood by as the suspect mowed down defenseless victims — and they have received immense criticism over it.

LINK

"Unjustified suspension". :rolleyes:

It is the most justified suspension I've ever seen. His despicably flippant attitude ("if ifs and buts were candy and nuts" BS)and arrogance after the shooting just makes me wish he could be charged. :verymad:

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:51 AM

I'll reserve judgement until I hear from the world-class expert on gun violence, David Hogg.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Just kidding!!

:lol:

#4 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:05 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 January 2019 - 03:51 AM, said:

I'll reserve judgement until I hear from the world-class expert on gun violence, David Hogg.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Just kidding!!

:lol:

:rofl: B)

#5 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:35 AM

It was funny listening to Israel crying like the little whiney bitch that he is on the evening news blaming the NRA. :lol:

#6 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:44 AM

The Brenda Snipes of sheriffs.

#7 User is offline   Alexis 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:50 AM

Especially after that disgraceful town-hall meeting where he and the hogg ganged up on Dana Loesch.

#8 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

:clap:

Hopefully he loses his pension as well.

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 12 January 2019 - 01:12 PM

#9 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:31 AM

Florida Governor Replaces Broward Sheriff, Citing 'Incompetence'

NPR
Vanessa Romo
January 11, 20196:46 PM ET

excerpt:

After nearly a year of scrutiny, the embattled Florida sheriff whose deputies were the first to respond to the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland was suspended on Friday.

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Broward Sheriff Scott Israel has been replaced by former Coral Springs Police Sgt. Gregory Tony, who has an extensive background in active shooter training.

*SNIP*

LINK

Really NPR? :rolleyes:

If by "first to respond" you mean set up defensive cower outside the school while Coral Springs PD blew past them into the building to take out the shooter, then sure. :tap:

#10 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:56 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 13 January 2019 - 02:31 AM, said:

If by "first to respond" you mean set up defensive cower outside the school while Coral Springs PD blew past them into the building to take out the shooter, then sure. :tap:

This is a perfect example of what NPR does. How they phrase their statements.

EVERYTHING they say is so obviously biased to not call out the left for anything while calling out the right for everything.

And when it comes to Trump, the amount of speculation they pass as fact is so vast it actually challenges some other_people we know.

This post has been edited by zurg: 13 January 2019 - 08:57 AM

#11 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 13 January 2019 - 02:31 AM, said:

Of course, National Propaganda Radio is all butthurt over this.

These partisan <censored>ers should have had their funding yanked a LONG time ago. Tired of my tax dollars funding their partisan leftist bull<censored>.

View Postzurg, on 13 January 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

This is a perfect example of what NPR does. How they phrase their statements.

EVERYTHING they say is so obviously biased to not call out the left for anything while calling out the right for everything.

And when it comes to Trump, the amount of speculation they pass as fact is so vast it actually challenges some other_people we know.

:exactly:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users