RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: KLAVAN: The News Media Ruin Everything - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

KLAVAN: The News Media Ruin Everything Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:03 AM

KLAVAN: The News Media Ruin Everything

The Daily Wire
Andrew Klavan
January 11, 2019

excerpt:

Imagine this: There’s a problem on our southern border. Hundreds of thousands of foreigners are breaking our laws and entering the country illegally. Republican lawmakers want to increase border security and close legal loopholes. Democrats emphasize humanitarian concerns and seek to facilitate the entry of asylum seekers. The two sides debate. The press reports the facts without distortion. An informed public registers its feelings through political activities and polls. The two parties find compromise measures that leave everyone feeling both gratified and dissatisfied — but, in general, the American people feel conditions have improved, and their attention moves on to the next problem.

This might be the way our government worked, if it weren’t for the news media, if it weren’t for the fact that the major news outlets are now little more than propaganda arms of the Democratic Party. In pursuit of that object, they obscure the issues, they increase our divisions, they encourage dishonesty and moral preening on the Left, and seek to intimidate and silence opinion on the Right. They ruin everything.

I am a First Amendment purist. I want neither government nor monopolistic corporations like Google, Twitter and Facebook to have any power whatsoever over the free flow of American expression and discussion. I agree with Thomas Jefferson: "Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."

But as things stand — because of the ideological corruption of our corporate media — a government without newspapers is pretty much what we have.

This past week couldn’t have made it any clearer. In the midst of a partial government shutdown, Donald Trump took a brief hiatus from his obstreperous governing style to deliver a perfectly calm, rational and largely factual address on border security from the Oval Office. He pointed out that our under-defended borders allowed criminals, terrorists and drugs to enter our country, and that the nation’s defense mechanisms cannot humanely handle the recent influx of families with children. He called for greater funding, including money for the wall he promised to build during his campaign.

The Democrats responded by opposing the wall while claiming other measures would increase security more effectively. They declared that the illegal entrance of families was "a humanitarian challenge," and that Trump was cruel to address it as a security threat. They also tried to deflect attention to federal workers left temporarily unpaid by the shutdown.

Then, the press moved in and spread lies and distortions in support of the Democrat positions. The New York Times and The Washington Post ran bogus "fact-checks," that tried to cast Trump’s truthful assertions in a negative light. Networks, pretending to report, instead editorialized, accusing Trump of trying to "use the fear of crime" (NBC) or manufacture a sense of crisis (ABC) where no crisis exists. Almost every outlet pushed extremely unreliable studies showing that illegal immigrants commit fewer crimes than citizens. Most of these studies mingle visa-jumpers — who were vetted when they applied for entry — with border-breakers — who were not. Many also include legal immigrants and other foreigners. The insistent credulity with which these studies are urged upon the public by putative "journalists" is an example of bias to the point of mendacity.

*SNIP*

LINK

The MSM behaving badly as if a wholly owned subsidiary of the DNC stretches back as far as I can remember. They're just more blatant about their agenda today, and pretty much everyone with more than two functioning brain cells know that any claims to the contrary are at the far limits of absurdity.

#2 User is offline   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:02 AM

JournoList 2.0

#3 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:06 AM

Yes. This article nails it.

#4 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:47 AM

View Postzurg, on 12 January 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

Yes. This article nails it.

Yeah, Andrew Klavan hits lots of nails squarely on the head, and this article is no exception.

:yes:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users