RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Video: Bloodsucking leech pulled from woman's throat after 3 month - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Video: Bloodsucking leech pulled from woman's throat after 3 month Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:29 PM

Bloodsucking leech pulled from woman's throat after 3 months
January 11, 2019
nypost.com

When a woman in the Ha Giang Province of Vietnam went to the doctor complaining about persistent migraines, it turned out that a leech had clamped onto her throat. Apparently it had been living there for three months, unbeknownst to the patient.

Video

#2 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

Oh, that's nothing. I've heard that if you swim in the Amazon there are critters that can swim into one's man-parts and take hold.

There's a REASON I don't go to either Brasil OR VietNam.

#3 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 12 January 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

Oh, that's nothing. I've heard that if you swim in the Amazon there are critters that can swim into one's man-parts and take hold.

There's a REASON I don't go to either Brasil OR VietNam.

Urban legend, mostly BS.

Waded in many streams, rivers, and rice paddies in Vietnam. Never (nor did anyone I knew) have his penis invaded.

As for South America I assume you're referring to the Candiru (Vandellia cirrhosa).

These small species of catfish are alleged to have a tendency to invade and parasitize the human urethra; however, despite ethnological reports dating back to the late 19th century, the first documented case of the removal of a candiru from a human urethra did not occur until 1997, and even that incident has remained a matter of controversy.

Do you avoid Puerto Rico because of a fear of Chupacabra?

#4 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

View PostSARGE, on 12 January 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

Urban legend, mostly BS.

Waded in many streams, rivers, and rice paddies in Vietnam. Never (nor did anyone I knew) have his penis invaded.

As for South America I assume you're referring to the Candiru (Vandellia cirrhosa).

These small species of catfish are alleged to have a tendency to invade and parasitize the human urethra; however, despite ethnological reports dating back to the late 19th century, the first documented case of the removal of a candiru from a human urethra did not occur until 1997, and even that incident has remained a matter of controversy.

Do you avoid Puerto Rico because of a fear of Chupacabra?

I know that I avoid Forks, WA because of fear of the Twilight vampires.

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 12 January 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

I know that I avoid Forks, WA because of fear of the Twilight vampires.

And I avoid Roslyn WA, because they didn't use me as an extra in "Northern Exposure"! Harrumph!

(I've been in and through Roslyn countless times; My band even played several times at "The Brick" tavern. But when I showed up one day hoping to be used as an extra they said no. Harrumph!)

:rant:

#6 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 January 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

And I avoid Roslyn WA, because they didn't use me as an extra in "Northern Exposure"! Harrumph!

(I've been in and through Roslyn countless times; My band even played several times at "The Brick" tavern. But when I showed up one day hoping to be used as an extra they said no. Harrumph!)

:rant:

Never an extra myself but some of the Smithee Org's equipment has been. Look for Panasonic "Toughbook" military/industrial-grade laptops on various episodes of "Leverage" that were filmed in Portland in the 2010-12 time frame.

Also, a vintage Hallicrafter's SBT-100 field radio circa early '70s that was supposedly of the type used by the CIA in Vietnam. I loaned it out for a prop (can't remember which film or TV show) and never got it back. Dammit, I spent a whole $20 or so for that thing at a junk store back in the '80s.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users