RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Super Bowl Ads Lecture America - RightNation.US

Super Bowl Ads Lecture America On Girl Power, Wind Power And Objectifying Mermaids Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:12 AM

Super Bowl Ads Lecture America On Girl Power, Wind Power And Objectifying Mermaids
11:02 PM 02/03/2019 | MEDIA
Virginia Kruta | Associate Editor
Daily Caller

<More Here>

Super Bowl advertisers used the massive platform to lecture Americans on a number of topics — from using clean energy and respecting the media to the proper treatment of mermaids in the age of #MeToo.

CBS, the network that hosted the big game, promoted "girl power" with an ad about girls playing football — and sponsor Budweiser took the time to note that the world-famous St. Louis-based company is now brewing its signature beers with wind power. (RELATED: The Robots Have Taken Over — The Super Bowl Ads)

Spiked Seltzer's spot featured two mermaids pitching their idea to sharks — but the mermaids were quite literally buttoned up. Instead of the typical seashell-bra top made famous in any number of depictions of mermaids, the two in this particular ad wore shirts that bared a little midriff but were otherwise buttoned all the way to their necks.

Google advertised its translation feature with an ad focused mainly on how the ability to understand each other can bring people closer together. The image it showed when talking about how some language can be hurtful or divisive — police officers in riot gear at a protest — did not go unnoticed.

The Washington Post topped them all, however, taking out a multi-million dollar spot to talk about the importance of a free press. Featuring several journalists who have been killed for doing their jobs — including WaPo's own reporter Jamal Khashoggi — it painted journalists as unbiased sources of information necessary to secure the freedoms Americans enjoy every day.

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

People who claim the Super Bowl game was boring confused the game with the onslaught of ads that were boring beyond words. The fun, funny ads we normally expect during breaks in the game were noticeably absent Monday night. The PC world successfully demonstrated once again just how boring life is when you're stuck on stupid..

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 05 February 2019 - 09:13 AM

#3 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:02 AM

View PostNH Populist, on 05 February 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

People who claim the Super Bowl game was boring confused the game with the onslaught of ads that were boring beyond words. The fun, funny ads we normally expect during breaks in the game were noticeably absent Monday night. The PC world successfully demonstrated once again just how boring life is when you're stuck on stupid..

:yeahthat:

#4 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:53 AM

including WaPo's own reporter Jamal Khashoggi

Khashoggi was a columnist and commentator not a reporter. Also, I wouldn't hold him up as a banner of freedom. He was very open with his support of the Muslim Brotherhood and desire to depose the Saudi royal family.

How do we know that the Saudis killed Khashoggi? I have neither seen nor heard any evidence confirming his demise. For all I know, someone kidnapped him. He could be dead. He could be in a Saudi prison and most likely being tortured. He could be hanging out with Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison on the French Riviera.

#5 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 05 February 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

Khashoggi was a columnist and commentator not a reporter. Also, I wouldn't hold him up as a banner of freedom. He was very open with his support of the Muslim Brotherhood and desire to depose the Saudi royal family.

How do we know that the Saudis killed Khashoggi? I have neither seen nor heard any evidence confirming his demise. For all I know, someone kidnapped him. He could be dead. He could be in a Saudi prison and most likely being tortured. He could be hanging out with Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison on the French Riviera.

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:37 PM

When I chose to not watch the Super Bowl because of the spitting on the flag/anthem/America, my only regret was that I'd miss all those great commercials they always show during the Super Bowl. Reading this thread cheers me up - Apparently the commercials weren't worth watching either!

:woohoo:

#7 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

it painted journalists as unbiased sources of information necessary to secure the freedoms Americans enjoy every day.

:rolleyes: It seems the presstitutes at the Washington ComPost have little to no self awareness.

#8 User is online   DJGoody 

• <no title>

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:01 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 05 February 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

When I chose to not watch the Super Bowl because of the spitting on the flag/anthem/America, my only regret was that I'd miss all those great commercials they always show during the Super Bowl. Reading this thread cheers me up - Apparently the commercials weren't worth watching either!

You only missed one. That was the NFL commercial about a football game breaking out with old legends during a banquet. That is the only one I thought that was entertaining.

#9 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

Jeff Bezos yanked $20 million Super Bowl ad over Lauren Sanchez affair

Jeff Bezos pulled the plug on a $20 million Super Bowl ad for his spaceflight company, Blue Origin, after it was revealed his mistress had helped shoot footage for the commercial, sources told Page Six.

Instead, the Amazon owner had a last-minute commercial created for his Washington Post, with some all-star narration by Tom Hanks.

TV insiders said Bezos nixed the space exploration ad when his affair with Lauren Sanchez went public. Sanchez, a former TV anchor and helicopter pilot, has been shooting aerial footage of Blue Origin rocket launches and landings for Bezos.

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:41 PM

View PostDJGoody, on 05 February 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

You only missed one. That was the NFL commercial about a football game breaking out with old legends during a banquet. That is the only one I thought that was entertaining.

Oh well, I can live with missing one good commercial.

:yes:

#11 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

I didn't watch the SB. I have found that most professional sports have become infested with SJW and political statements that I don't need in my overpaid, non-educated (most) athletes. LeBron James comes to mind immediately. Now, I hear on the news, that the classless political hacks that won the NBA championship, and had refused to go to the Whitehouse, wanted their team picture with Barry Obama, instead. Also, 3 players for the SB champs have said they will refuse to go to the WH and meet with Trump. Fine, don't go, because the earth will still be spinning, I'll still have to go to work, and I won't lose any sleep over whether you go, or not.

#12 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:47 PM

View PostTea Party Hooligan, on 05 February 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

I didn't watch the SB. I have found that most professional sports have become infested with SJW and political statements that I don't need in my overpaid, non-educated (most) athletes. LeBron James comes to mind immediately. Now, I hear on the news, that the classless political hacks that won the NBA championship, and had refused to go to the Whitehouse, wanted their team picture with Barry Obama, instead. Also, 3 players for the SB champs have said they will refuse to go to the WH and meet with Trump. Fine, don't go, because the earth will still be spinning, I'll still have to go to work, and I won't lose any sleep over whether you go, or not.

You’re obviously not aware of the NHL.

#13 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

View PostNH Populist, on 05 February 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

It was said that the commercials were dulled down (no un-PC comedy) and dumbed down so as to not offend the myriad of crybaby snowflakes out there.

Because they are a bunch of whiners and crybaby PC bitches, nobody gets to or is allowed to have any fun anymore.

These idiots are a disease upon this country. They just cannot stand to leave others alone.

I wish that I could push a button and make them all go away forever.

#14 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 05 February 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

I didn't watch exactly because of all the PC lecturing from the crybaby progtard corporations and the usual obscene offensive halftime show.

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

View PostRock N, on 05 February 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

I didn't watch exactly because of all the PC lecturing from the crybaby progtard corporations and the usual obscene offensive halftime show.

Yeah, apparently the only part worth watching would've been Gladys Knight. I have no respect for the flag-spitting players, nor for lecturing SJW commercials, nor for the Moron 5 halftime show. Screw 'em all.

And I can google the Gladys Knight part.

:yes:

#16 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:31 PM

View Postzurg, on 05 February 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

You’re obviously not aware of the NHL.

I live in Minnesota; of course I'm aware of the NHL. I played hockey for 12 years. I know of the NHL. If you will re-read what I wrote, I said "most", not all, pro athletes.

#17 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:43 PM

View PostTea Party Hooligan, on 05 February 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

I live in Minnesota; of course I'm aware of the NHL. I played hockey for 12 years. I know of the NHL. If you will re-read what I wrote, I said "most", not all, pro athletes.

Okay then.

#18 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:01 PM

Can I get a second glimpse of Janet Jackson's boobs and pretend that it happened THIS Superbowl???

Otherwise, I'm not sure why they even HAVE a superbowl any more.

#19 User is online   Howsithangin 

• It's OK To Be White
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:50 AM

Super what? Never heard of it. :coffeenpc:

#20 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:09 AM

View PostRock N, on 05 February 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

It was said that the commercials were dulled down (no un-PC comedy) and dumbed down so as to not offend the myriad of crybaby snowflakes out there.

Because they are a bunch of whiners and crybaby PC bitches, nobody gets to or is allowed to have any fun anymore.

These idiots are a disease upon this country. They just cannot stand to leave others alone.

I wish that I could push a button and make them all go away forever.

You and me both. Leftardation is a cancer on America.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users