RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: SOTU schadenfreude: Watch CNN try to rationalize away its own instant - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SOTU schadenfreude: Watch CNN try to rationalize away its own instant Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

  • Trucker
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 12,841
  • Joined: 03-September 03

  Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:11 PM

SOTU schadenfreude: Watch CNN try to rationalize away its own instant poll showing 76% of viewers positive on Trump's SOTU




https://www.americanthinker.com
By Thomas Lifson
February 6, 2019





Article:



I don't think the suits at CNN anticipated either the quality of State of the Union speech that President Trump delivered or the positive public reaction to it when they went to the expense and trouble of an instant poll. The segment they broadcast on it is a classic of rationalization, attempting to minimize the outcome that went so contrary to their own prejudices. A stunning 59% were very positive, with another 17% somewhat positive, for a grand total of 76% a landslide in anyone's book.

Watch the entire segment, which will cost you only one minute and 42 seconds. A transcript is included below.



https://www.americanthinker.com/images/bucket/2019-02/211898_5_.png


BLITZER: Quickly, I want to go to David. He has an instant poll. The country is reacting, the less those who watch. What have you got here?

CHALIAN: At least those who watched. This is our first look at a brand-new instant poll, but it is among speech watchers. So I just want to stress here for a state of the union address, the president's president's partisans, his supporters tend to turn out to watch the speech. This is true of a president of either party. Tonight we saw a heavily skewed Republican audience turn out to watch the president's speech. But look at this. A very positive reaction from those who watched the speech tonight. 59% very positive. 17% somewhat positive. 23% negative. I want you to see that very positive number, how that compares to Donald Trump's performances in the last couple of years when he has given a speech to a joint session of Congress like this. You'll see that he was again at 59%. He was down at 48% very positive a year ago. Back when he first started the job and he addressed the Congress, he was at 57%. So he is back up. This is a -- this is a speech-watching audience that was more receptive this year than last year what they saw. Here's the rub. Even this very favorable audience to Donald Trump does not believe his call for bipartisanship is going to meet with success. Take a look. Will Donald Trump increase bipartisan cooperation? A majority of speech watchers, again, a heavily Republican audience, 53% say no. 39% say yes. So all that talk of bipartisanship seems to be being met by with the people who watch the speech by a healthy dose of skepticism, Wolf.


Full Story

0

#2 User is online   zurg 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 26,338
  • Joined: 19-October 09

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:49 PM

Hahahaha.
0

#3 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 26,200
  • Joined: 22-October 03

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:25 PM

VERY PARTISAN! VERY PARTISAN!
0

#4 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

  • Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 27,932
  • Joined: 01-April 03

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:45 PM

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Yeah, you hacks just keep on trying to dance your way around the fact that Americans embraced the POTUS and his message.
0

#5 User is offline   Howsithangin 

  • I'm dethpicable
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 26,527
  • Joined: 07-March 08

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:11 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 06 February 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Yeah, you hacks just keep on trying to dance your way around the fact that Americans embraced the POTUS and his message.

:biglaugh:
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users