RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Pelosi Outsmarted Herself On The SOTU - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pelosi Outsmarted Herself On The SOTU Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:12 AM

Pelosi Outsmarted Herself On The SOTU

The American Spectator
by David Catron
February 7, 2019, 12:06 AM

Excerpt:

When House Speaker Nancy Pelosi withdrew her original State of the Union invitation, preventing President Trump from delivering the address as scheduled on January 29, she was probably surprised when he responded with such calm forbearance: “This is her prerogative. I will do the address when the shutdown is over.” By the time Trump finished the rescheduled speech Tuesday evening, she no doubt understood that her petty political ploy had been a blunder. Trump, being no mean showman, had long since realized that the highly publicized delay would increase public interest in the speech — and that is precisely what happened.

By the time he entered the House chamber, it was already obvious that the national audience would very likely exceed last year’s larger-than-usual viewership for such speeches. This is not typical for the SOTU address. The normal pattern is a reasonably large audience for a president’s first address, followed by a gradual decline in public interest each year thereafter. This was certainly true for Trump’s predecessor. Tuesday evening’s speech, however, drew a larger audience than did the President’s 2018 address. According to a report in the Hill, broadcast TV numbers from Nielsen show the audience share was 10 percent over last year’s speech:

The four major broadcast outlets — CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox — combined for a 16.3 overnight rating during the address Tuesday night, which could result in total viewership of approximately 49 million when final numbers, to include the cable news networks and other outlets, are in later Wednesday
Moreover, CBS and CNN conducted polls of public reaction to Trump’s words and the vast majority of viewers liked what they heard. The CBS/YouGov poll found that 76 percent of the public approved of the address, including 97 percent of Republicans and a whopping 82 percent of Independents. And a majority of viewers agreed that the President accomplished one of his primary goals for the address — improving national unity. According to CBS, “Fifty-six percent of Americans who watched tonight feel the president’s speech will do more to unite the country.” On specific issues, an unambiguous majority of viewers agreed with the President.

And, in more than one case, their answers debunked Democrat talking points. A particularly glaring example of this was the public’s response to his points on illegal immigration. The Democrats have consistently attempted to convince the public that President Trump and his administration is exaggerating the seriousness of the problem. They have frequently accused him of unnecessarily stoking racism and xenophobia in order to “manufacture a crisis.” Indeed, this is the primary basis for their consistent yet evidence-free claims that he himself is a racist. That is not, however, how the Americans who watched last night’s SOTU address view the issue:

*snip*

Full Commentary

#2 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:59 AM

Without the mainstream media's filter controlling which of President Trump's words get through, he always shines when he talks directly to the American people. Loved when he called out people who live behind a wall refusing to approve one for the rest of us, the hypocrisy was an eye opener, eh Nancy?!

Democrats think they're going to beat him in 2020?! One word...You'reout'ayourfrigginminds!

#3 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:49 AM

From later in the article:

"This was obvious to anyone watching Madam Speaker gnaw her lip and writhe for the 82 minutes Trump spoke. To paraphrase the immortal P.G. Wodehouse, it was clear that, if not actually disgruntled, she was far from being gruntled."

LOL :lol:

"But she could have compromised with Trump on the wall and prevented an unnecessary fight. And she certainly didn’t need to postpone the SOTU. But she refused to do the former and insisted upon the latter — setting Trump up for Tuesday night’s triumph. A classic example of poetic justice. Now the country sees him as more presidential and her as less reasonable. On the shutdown fight, she was too clever by half."

Yup, well said.

:yes:

#4 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:11 PM

Between Pelosi's antics, the Tampon Brigade and the up close looks at Schumer and Sanders, it was clear that the Dims are the divisive and unreasonable side of this equation and made President Trump look even more like the level headed, determined man he is.

Every single day I am prouder and prouder of casting my vote for him and I look forward to doing it again.

#5 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:22 PM

Pelosi thinks she's all that and a bag of chips, too. She was extremely unhappy Tuesday night, even couldn't remember to sit down when she was supposed to. She looked like a clown and she knows it. And, her face is pulled. Stroke? Too much botox? Bad face lift?

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:22 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 07 February 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

Between Pelosi's antics, the Tampon Brigade and the up close looks at Schumer and Sanders, it was clear that the Dims are the divisive and unreasonable side of this equation and made President Trump look even more like the level headed, determined man he is.

Every single day I am prouder and prouder of casting my vote for him and I look forward to doing it again.

Yup. Every time I hear a Democrat accusing Trump of being "divisive" I can't help rolling my eyes. It's the Democrats who are refusing to negotiate, refusing to compromise, doubling down on the vicious myths that Trump is a "racist" and a "sexist", childishly putting politics above national security, being COMPLETELY hypocritical on the issue of the wall (which they fully supported only a few years ago, but now declare to be "immoral" and "unnecessary" simply because Trump is president), etc etc etc.

Any suggestion it's Trump who's being "divisive" or "unreasonable" is sub-moronic. But that's what one must expect from today's Democrats.

<_<

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

View PostAnnieGotHerGun, on 07 February 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

And, her face is pulled. Stroke? Too much botox? Bad face lift?

That's just how being immersed in evil affects the face.

B)

#8 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

The left isn't used to someone pushing/fighting back. It has them confused and thinking poorly. Ha! What fun this is to watch.

#9 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

If the media were fair and unbiased, democrats would be forced to defend their positions instead of behaving like spoiled brats.

#10 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:12 PM

View Postzurg, on 07 February 2019 - 09:03 PM, said:

If the media were fair and unbiased, democrats would be forced to defend their positions instead of behaving like spoiled brats.

Once they establish that "It was the 80s and everyone put on blackface was the norm", we can move past infanticide.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users