RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Apple Gives Deep State Access To Roger Stone’s iCloud Account, After R - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Apple Gives Deep State Access To Roger Stone’s iCloud Account, After R Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:08 AM

Apple Gives Deep State Access To Roger Stone’s iCloud Account, After Refusing To Violate Privacy of San Bernardino Terrorists

Jacob Engels
Gateway Pundit
2/6/19

EXCERPT:

Three years after Apple refused to give the federal government access to the devices used by the San Bernadino terrorists who killed and injured dozens in a mass shooting event, the company has given the office of the Special Counsel complete access to Trump advisor Roger Stone’s iCloud account, reports Apple Insider.

According to the Washington Post, Apple objected to giving the federal government backdoor access to the shooters iPhones, claiming it would “set a dangerous precedent.”

“From the beginning, we objected to the FBI’s demand that Apple build a backdoor into the iPhone because we believed it was wrong and would set a dangerous precedent. As a result of the government’s dismissal, neither of these occurred. This case should never have been brought.”

Fast forward to present, and we see that Apple no longer seems to have the same privacy concerns it once did in 2015. Without any fight, they simply turned over Roger Stone’s iCloud passwords and God knows what else, because Orange Man Bad. The fact that Apple views a political persecution less of a hill to die on than protecting the rights of terrorists who killed and maimed dozens of Americans is quite telling.

More from the Washington Post on Apple’s refusal to turn over access to the San Bernandino shooters devices…

“If allowed to stand, the order in Apple’s case would have forced company engineers to create software to disable a phone security feature so that the FBI could try its hand at unlocking the device by cracking a numeric password. Apple quickly resisted, arguing that forcing it to create such software would violate the company’s constitutional rights and weaken privacy for users around the world.”

Which makes us wonder… what exactly was Apple threatened with by Robert Mueller and the Office of the Special Counsel for them to abandon their firm stance against turning over user data and access to federal investigators? Surely they didn’t reason that two mass shooters were more deserving of their tough stand against government overreach and backdoor programs? There must be some explanation as to how they could give the federal government the power to access our privately held devices and accounts at will right?

(Full Story)

#2 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:30 AM

Mueller must have evidence of Tim Cook having sex with underage boys.

#3 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:30 AM

Now we know what the dangerous precedent actually is, they cannot stand pro-American groups therefore they will give our data to law enforcement while protecting anti-American forces like terrorist cells.

#4 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:23 AM

View PostNatural Selection, on 07 February 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

Mueller must have evidence of Tim Cook having sex with underage boys.

Oh, come on. To a progressive that would be a badge of honor.

#5 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:35 AM

The kind of Leftists who run Apple firmly believe Trump is more evil than an Islamic terrorist.

#6 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostModerator T, on 07 February 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

Apple Gives Deep State Access To Roger Stone’s iCloud Account, After Refusing To Violate Privacy of San Bernardino Terrorists
Which makes us wonder… what exactly was Apple threatened with by Robert Mueller and the Office of the Special Counsel

That’s a ridiculous question. The answer is: nothing.

I know this doesn’t need to be spelled out for RN regulars, but to any lurker, here’s the simple explanation. What types of people are for terrorists and against Trump? Yup, leftists and (some) never-Trumpers.

Apple and Silicon Valley is largely leftwing. Tim Cook in particular is a left wing loony bozo.

#7 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:20 PM

Yet one more reason why I don't like nor buy or use any Apple products.

<censored> them.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 07 February 2019 - 07:54 PM

#8 User is offline   Mrdirt73 

• Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up.
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:37 PM

Not to defend Apple, but isn't there a difference between programming their software to allow FBI backdoor access, and turning over passwords to cloud data?

#9 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:04 PM

View PostMrdirt73, on 07 February 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Not to defend Apple, but isn't there a difference between programming their software to allow FBI backdoor access, and turning over passwords to cloud data?

Correct, George Orwell did not see the bridge from "public-private partnership" to the totalitarian state waiting on the other side.

#10 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:51 PM

I wonder what Rush thinks about this. He was a huge apologist for Apple when they didn't help out against the terrorist

#11 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:54 PM

View PostModerator T, on 07 February 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

I wonder what Rush thinks about this. He was a huge apologist for Apple when they didn't help out against the terrorist

Good point.

#12 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:05 PM

All the more reason to not put ANYTHING on the cloud. Ever.

#13 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:06 PM

:yeahthat:

#14 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:23 AM

IIRC, what the Deep State wanted from Apple after the San Berndino massacre was the encryption codes to Apple devices whereas what they received for Stone’s Apple ID was passwords. The difference being as explained to me is that the passwords will only give access to Stone’s account and the encryption codes will allow access to all iOS products.

Personally I think both are a violation of privacy and a pretty crappy thing for Apple to do.

Like Adam Smithee wrote, keep your private stuff out of the cloud.

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:56 PM

Man, sometimes I'm SO-O-O-O-O glad to be the tech-neanderthal I am. I have no freaking clue what it means to "put" something "on a cloud". I'll keep my stuff right here in my apartment, thankyouverymuch.

B)

#16 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 08 February 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

All the more reason to not put ANYTHING on the cloud. Ever.

:exactly:

#17 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 09 February 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

Man, sometimes I'm SO-O-O-O-O glad to be the tech-neanderthal I am. I have no freaking clue what it means to "put" something "on a cloud". I'll keep my stuff right here in my apartment, thankyouverymuch.

B)

It means storing your data files on a server somewhere else that you don't own instead of on your own computer or phone's hard drive, thumb drive, DVD, CD, USB devices, etc.

There has been a huge push by electronic device makers and software companies (probably more like the NSA and other alphabet agencies making them do it or else) over the last 8 years to try to force everyone onto the cloud and away from having one's own data storage devices.

Microsoft has even made it harder in Windows 10 to access onboard computer storage devices/folders by burying/hiding the hard drive folders from their menus. You have to navigate through all of their roadblocks to get to do what was on their menus before with previous versions of Windows.

Cell phone makers are also removing onboard device storage links from their phones as a default and they made cloud storage their default instead.

All of this crap is so that big brother and corporations can spy on everyone.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 09 February 2019 - 01:17 PM

#18 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

View PostRock N, on 09 February 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

It means storing your data files on a server somewhere else that you don't own instead of on your own computer or phone's hard drive, thumb drive, DVD, CD, USB devices, etc.

There has been a huge push by electronic device makers and software companies (probably more like the NSA and other alphabet agencies making them do it or else) over the last 8 years to try to force everyone onto the cloud and away from having one's own data storage devices.

Microsoft has even made it harder in Windows 10 to access onboard computer storage devices/folders by burying/hiding the hard drive folders from their menus. You have to navigate through all of their roadblocks to get to do what was on their menus before with previous versions of Windows.

Cell phone makers are also removing onboard device storage links from their phones as a default and they made cloud storage their default instead.

ROFL

It's always hilarious how tech-savvy people are incapable of understanding us non-tech-savvy people. You see, your attempt at explanation was completely pointless. I have no clue whatsoever what any of the following terms mean:

Data files
Server
Hard Drive
Thumb Drive
USB
Software
Data Storage Device
Onboard
Folder
Navigate
Roadblock

And no...I don't want anybody to "explain" those things either, because it will just introduce a lot more terms I don't understand. I know how to do the stuff I want to do on my computer, and have no interest or desire to do more.

B)

#19 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:57 PM

View PostRock N, on 09 February 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

This is true. Lots of migration to cloud storage. And prevention of local storage.

PC and laptop memories are becoming solid state across the board, but they only give you 128G or 256G and occasionally 512G, all at high prices. They don’t remake emails to be able to send big files - instead you buy space in the cloud to transfer them...exposing to easier snooping. And then there’s Chromebook style laptops....even your programs are in the cloud, your laptop is just a fancy display and you need to be connected for everything you do.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users