RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Photo of Joy Behar dressed as ‘beautiful African woman’ resurfaces - RightNation.US

Photo of Joy Behar dressed as ‘beautiful African woman’ resurfaces Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

Photo of Joy Behar dressed as ‘beautiful African woman’ resurfaces
FOX News - Joseph Wulfsohn - link

A long forgotten video clip from ABC's "The View" resurfaced on Wednesday that showed co-host Joy Behar trying to explain a Halloween costume from when she was younger.

The clip was shared by The Wrap media editor Jon Levine. Behar was seen discussing a New York Times op-ed about the resurgence of curly hair during the show in 2016. Behar showed her colleagues and the audience a picture of herself with curly hair when she was 29 years old.

The co-hosts appeared surprised by her drastically different look. Raven-Symoné, a former co-host, asked, "Joy, are you black?"

"I was so cute," Behar said.

"Joy... are you my auntie, Joy?" Raven-Symoné joked.

Behar explained that the picture was taken at a Halloween party where she dressed up as a "beautiful African woman" and stressed that it was her actual hair.

"Did you have tanning lotion on, Joy?" Raven-Symoné asked.

Behar responded by saying she wore makeup "that was a little bit darker than my skin."

The video resurfaced as Democrats in Virginia face intense scrutiny over their use of blackface decades ago.
*snip*

Hypocrites and double standards sure go together like peas and carrots.

What's worse is that these same leftist triggered morons are now having a fit about the chimney soot images in the original Mary Poppins, but they'll give a pass to this hag, Behar?

#2 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:22 PM

I'm surprised there was photography when Behar was 29.

#3 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

How 'bout I dress up like Freddie Mercury of Queen and call myself an "African"?

This whole thing about "cultural appropriation" is TaureauScheisse, if I may "appropriate" some choice words from both the French AND the Germans. These pendejos on the left want to to talk all unity and kumbaya on the one hand, whilst using the other hand to drive a wedge into every issue they can get their hands on, with a 12# sledgehammer. John Henry couldn't have driven a wedge any better than these cabróns.

(Fair is fair. If I'm going to abuse the French and German languages, then why not Spanish too? Apparently our auto-censor is illiterate in several different language, that shlemiel)

Whatever happened to "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"? Seriously. I mean it, all joking aside, if your particular culture has something to contribute to Mankind and Civilization then, well, frickin' Contribute it.

I mean, it's not as if the concept of 'Civilization' is so barren that it has to go around shaking a tin cup begging for alms, but if your culture DOES contribute then recognition is a reward all it's own.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/iwu736.jpg

Freddie Mercury and I have TWO things in common: The same (IRL) first name, and the fact that with a mustache we both look like Borat. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But at least *I* can grow a mustache long enough to look like the Frito Bandito.

I can do a reasonable Freddie Mercury "Look", ala Zoolander, as long as I don't open my mouth; I couldn't carry a tune even if I had five other helpers as pallbearers.

This post has been edited by Dean Adam Smithee: 07 February 2019 - 06:00 PM

#4 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:43 PM

Not at all surprised that the left are the ones who put on blackface. What is surprising is how that are now coming out of the woodwork. Seems like this is some kind of consorted effort to minimize the impact. Are they trying to normalize blackface now?

Would not put it past the left.

#5 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:14 PM

View Posterp, on 07 February 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Not at all surprised that the left are the ones who put on blackface. What is surprising is how that are now coming out of the woodwork. Seems like this is some kind of consorted effort to minimize the impact. Are they trying to normalize blackface now?

Would not put it past the left.

There is not, and never HAS been, anything "wrong" with blackface, but for those on the left getting their knickers in a twist over it.

Any number of "white" actors have played others. Because, y'know, that's kinda the whole concept of "acting": You pretend to be something that you're not. Let's get to the Essence: That's what acting IS all about.

#6 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:17 PM

She's racist!

BLACKFACE!

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:53 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 07 February 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

I'm surprised there was photography when Behar was 29.

Well they called it "daguerreotype" in those days...

;)

#8 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 07 February 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

There is not, and never HAS been, anything "wrong" with blackface, but for those on the left getting their knickers in a twist over it.

Any number of "white" actors have played others. Because, y'know, that's kinda the whole concept of "acting": You pretend to be something that you're not. Let's get to the Essence: That's what acting IS all about.

This is exactly true. That's why it kills me that people pretend to be offended.

Nobody gets pissed off when they see James Caan portraying an Italian.

#9 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:09 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 07 February 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

;)

I thought it was a flat stone and a chisel.

#10 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 07 February 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

This is exactly true. That's why it kills me that people pretend to be offended.

Maybe. But they cut the scene with him playing “Chinese” in “Eldorado”.

#11 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 07 February 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

One of the funniest caricatures. I giggle my ass off whenever I see it.

#12 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:49 PM

Behar doing this is no biggie.

Democrat hypocrisy is.

#13 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:38 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 07 February 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

Or how 'bout Eddie Murphy playing a white guy?

View PostUSNRETWIFE, on 07 February 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

I thought it was a flat stone and a chisel.

http://contentwritingusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Chiseling-Caveman-e1295104424454.jpg

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 07 February 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

Depends which channel you're watching.

:whistling:

#14 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 07 February 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

One of the funniest caricatures. I giggle my ass off whenever I see it.

“Ride, boldly ride...”

#15 User is online   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:12 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 07 February 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

<snip>

Excellent point.

Even when I saw that as a wee lad, the ending struck me. Eddie Murphy basically lampooned (what is now considered) white privilege. It wasn't true. Banks don't automatically give all the cash to a white person if they merely ask for it. Vendors don't give white customers things for free. White waitresses don't appear on public transportation when the last minority leaves. etc.

But at the end, Eddie Murphy does that scene where he was bringing in other black people to get the same make-up treatment. Saying, that " that next cool white chick, may be a black chick." (I don't remember the exact wording)

But which is it? White people do get special treatment based on their skin color [which is made fun of]. Or black people can improve their status by disguising themselves as white {which is not, ironically negating the humor of all the previous skit).

Simply:
If a black person that was able to pass themselves off as white, would they gain benefits that don't exist to white people?

#16 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:43 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 07 February 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

;)

I thought they were frescoes...

#17 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:58 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 07 February 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

I feel the same way. I just can't understand how empty you life has to be to constantly look for things to be offended by.

I also hate the double standard. Didn't the Wayans brothers make a movie called "White Chicks?" I didn't care about that but I am supposed to care that a white person dresses up as a black person?

#18 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:56 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 07 February 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

It was called "White Like Me", which is a spoof on a 1960's film by white author Blake Griffith called "Black Like Me". Black Like Me was an experiment where the author darkened his skin and traveled through the deep, Jim Crow south to experience what it's truly like to be black.
A summary here..
https://www.sparknot...likeme/summary/

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 08 February 2019 - 06:47 AM

#19 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 08 February 2019 - 06:19 AM

Since Joy Behar revealed this three years ago, and caught flack for it then, I don't see the point in bringing it up now. The offensiveness of the governors photo is not just wearing black face, he's also standing next to a Klansman. Were they recreating Birth Of A Nation? I think he should have resigned last week.

#20 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:59 AM

As Wilkow said the last few days, the Democrats have a "blackface" problem. They are now combing through every picture they can find to find a Republican in Blackface. Beyhar's picture as disgusting as she is, is not anything to do with the blackface Sambo look. The one with the idiot standing next to the KKK idiot is an absolute racist thing. On the other hand hers is not done in bad taste, she did it for Halloween and it looks fine. Of course we should cut them with the same sword they use on us for everything and hold them all accountable. But there is intent to look into behind these pics. The idiot in the Sambo look, that was over the top even back in the 80's which is why they did it at a closed party.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users