RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Va. Gov. Ralph Northam says he wants to focus rest of his term on raci - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Va. Gov. Ralph Northam says he wants to focus rest of his term on raci Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:06 PM

Va. Gov. Ralph Northam says he wants to focus rest of his term on racial equity
By Gregory S. Schneider | Washington Post | February 9, 2019

RICHMOND — Gov. Ralph Northam, in his first interview since a racist photo from his medical school yearbook came to light a week ago, promised to pursue racial reconciliation as he defended his vow to stay in office despite widespread calls for his resignation.
Northam (D), 59, said he wants to spend the remaining three years of his term trying to ensure that black Virginians have the same opportunities as whites.

Northam seemed chastened and subdued as he described a week of grappling with what “white privilege” means, with the reality of African American history, and with the personal failing of growing up after desegregation and the civil rights era while somehow not realizing that blackface is offensive.

“It’s been a horrific week for Virginia. A lot of individuals across Virginia have been hurt,” Northam said Saturday morning, seated in the formal front parlor of the 1813 Executive Mansion. Northam’s office restricted the interview to 30 minutes and stipulated that neither the audio nor a full transcript of the interview be released. Otherwise, there were no limitations on what could be asked or published.

<snip>

“First of all what I plan to do . . . is to make sure that we have sensitivity training — in our Cabinet, in our agencies. I also plan to reach out to our colleges and universities and talk about sensitivity training. Even into the K through 12 age range, that’s very important.”

On Friday, he said, he tasked his Cabinet “to think over the weekend how we could change and make new policy, how we could reshape Virginia through their Cabinet positions.”

For example, he said, Virginia has a serious issue with infant and maternal mortality — “we’ve talked about it, now it’s time to take action.”

Link

Emphasis on the paragraphs after <snip>.

First, the jackass was cold-busted. As part of his rehabilitation, everyone in Virginia has to go through "sensitivity training"? WTF? Collective punishment is hallmark of a regressive.

Second, Northam wants his Cabinet to "reshape Virginia". In other words: "I refuse to let go of power". Again, even though he has been exposed as a racist, a fraud, and a eugenicist.

Third, did Northam actually <censored>ing say that?!?!? Now he's concerned about "infant mortality" after he was ready to sign a bill that would allow the murder newborns?

Do the right thing, Virginia! Impeach this POS.

#2 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

Let him alone. All of the crazies have revealed themselves for what they are and the president's favorable rating has hit 52%.

#3 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:29 PM

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51751423_10213594588999093_6076612145192108032_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=b2e547640b2b5d95bd068e726305ead5&oe=5CF68911

#4 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:47 PM

You go get em, Coonman. <_<

#5 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:13 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 11 February 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51751423_10213594588999093_6076612145192108032_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=b2e547640b2b5d95bd068e726305ead5&oe=5CF68911

Did someone say "REPLACE"? :D

Fire their stupid proggy butts and replace them with true honest conservatives.

#6 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 11 February 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

Third, did Northam actually <censored>ing say that?!?!? Now he's concerned about "infant mortality" after he was ready to sign a bill that would allow the murder newborns?

Yeah, that's the part that jumped out at me too. Sure, blackface is terrible, and so is the KKK, and so is any expression of racism, even if it's decades old and "only meant as a joke" or whatever.

But it wasn't decades ago that Northam supported baby-murder. It was days ago. That's all, days. HE WAS FULLY OK WITH MURDERING FULLY VIABLE BABIES, and now I'm supposed to believe he gives a hill of s**t about infant mortality???

Sorry Northam @$$hole, I ain't buyin' it.

<_<

#7 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:54 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 11 February 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

Va. Gov. Ralph Northam says he wants to focus rest of his term on racial equity
By Gregory S. Schneider | Washington Post | February 9, 2019

I should've have stopped reading with the word 'equity'. Coming from the left it is almost ALWAYS a 'dogwhistle' with a built-in CYA.

Press him on it, he'll rely on the 'dictionary' definition that equity=equality:

eq·ui·ty
Dictionary result for equity
/ˈekwədē/
noun
noun: equity; singular proper noun: Equity; noun: Equity

1. the quality of being fair and impartial.
"equity of treatment"
synonyms: fairness, fair-mindedness, justness, justice, equitableness, fair play; More

But, don't be fooled. A-holes like this know good and well how to Sprechen plain Englisch; If he'd have MEANT 'equality' in it's purest sense, he'd have SAID 'equality'. Instead, he dog-whistles to his SJW base with the word 'equity' with it's tinges of the financial/real-estate sense of the term (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Know what I mean? Know what I mean?):

2. the value of the shares issued by a company.
"he owns 62% of the group's equity"
synonyms: value, worth, valuation; More

Übersetzung im einfach Englisch: "You caught me at something I did decades ago. Here's something to make it go away."

A good friend of mine (RIP Don Breslin, distant cousin of sportswriter Jimmy Breslin and with the same knack for words) once told me that "Character" can be defined as being inversely proportional to the difference between what someone does when they think nobody's paying attention and what they do when they know somebody IS paying attention. I think my friend may have known a thing or two.

FWIW, I have no quarrel with this guy doing blackface 40-some years ago. B.F.D. It's how he's handling it NOW that bothers me.

FOR THE RECORD: Yeah, 40-some years ago, I've ALSO done some things I'm not proud of (Golly, who'd have Imagined?). Get over it. Anyone who hasn't? Please tell me about it whilst walking across the Sea of Galilee. This should have been Gov. Northam's response IF he had half a spine.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users