RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 40 years ago today, in Iran... - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

40 years ago today, in Iran... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:30 PM

Forty years ago today, in Iran...
by Censport
February 11, 2019

On this day in 1979, a revolution in Iran came to a head and, in the absence of the Shah, the Bakhtiar regime collapsed. Ruhollah Khomeini became the Grand Ayatollah and the Middle East - let's face it, the world - hasn't been the same since.

The scar upon humanity and civilization caused by the Islamic state of Iran is still being felt today.

Several of my friends are Iranian (Persian, they prefer) or their parents are from Iran. Only a few go back to visit family. None support the current regime. They tell me it's the same for most of the people still living there. Only a minority support the current Islamic regime, but that minority is in power.

#2 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

A glorious day for the left, I'm sure. <_<

#3 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:54 PM

I used to live in San Diego and went down to Mexico all the time with friends and alone.

And it couldn't have been more obvious, the difference between America and Mexico.

And I would think the same contrast would be what Europe evolved to over the centuries and what the ME under Islam became or stagnanted to. And it'd be even more glaringly a failure without the massive oil revenues.

And, I also used to know an Iranian ex pat who was a great guy.

#4 User is offline   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:54 PM

View Posterp, on 11 February 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

There will probably be a party at the Obama/Jarrett compound tonight.

#5 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:32 PM

I was in college at the time, and we had a pretty large contingent of Iranian foreign students on campus. I was in one class with about 10 of them at the time of the fall of the Shah/Bakhtiar governments. They were all in support of the incoming regime. Mind you, these guys were wearing western clothes, driving (fancy) American autos, etc. We told them, "You're dead men if you go back there. The Ayatollah hates the West." "Oh, no! We support the revolution!" I figure most of them were fodder for the Iran/Iraq war in 1980-81 if they returned.

Carter totally flubbed this, along with the embassy fiasco. Carter is solely responsible for the rise of fundamentalist i-slam in the world.

#6 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

Thank you Jimmy Carter. What is it with democrats and totalitarian muslim regimes?

#7 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:35 PM

Is there anyone who loves a corpse more than Muslims? I remember the funeral procession after Khomeini died, revelers had his body on a stretcher up on their shoulders, bouncing along, going nuts the way they do when they actually dropped him on the ground! Some people have a weird way of showing "respect for the dead".

#8 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:41 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 11 February 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

I was in college at the time, and we had a pretty large contingent of Iranian foreign students on campus. I was in one class with about 10 of them at the time of the fall of the Shah/Bakhtiar governments. They were all in support of the incoming regime. Mind you, these guys were wearing western clothes, driving (fancy) American autos, etc. We told them, "You're dead men if you go back there. The Ayatollah hates the West." "Oh, no! We support the revolution!" I figure most of them were fodder for the Iran/Iraq war in 1980-81 if they returned.

Carter totally flubbed this, along with the embassy fiasco. Carter is solely responsible for the rise of fundamentalist i-slam in the world.

I can't agree Carter is solely responsible for the rise of fundamentalist Islam. But he certainly bears a large part of the blame.

I remember this day (40 years ago) very well indeed. I was 24 yrs old in '79, and already knew Iran was a trouble spot even before the embassy takeover. And it's still a festering sore on the @$$ of the world.

<_<

#9 User is offline   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:36 PM

Jimmy got played by the Ayotollah but he did it willingly. Jimmy was and is an antisemite. The Shah was no prize but he was the lesser of two evils and served our purpose.
Jimmy Carter was up until Obama the worst president ever.
We are still suffering from the actions of his administration both foreign and domestic.

#10 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:27 PM

Joke from my 11-yo:

Barry: knock knock
Jimmy: who’s there?
Barry; worst
Jimmy: worst who?
Barry: worst pres

#11 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

I remember I was in 11th grade when the hostages were taken. The day after it happened, we go to a history class and our teacher just went off. I can't remember specifics, but he delivered a rant that would have gotten him fired in this day and age. Every person or group or policy that he thought was undermining America was a target, and he went non stop for almost 90 minutes. He had our attention, that is for sure.

#12 User is offline   USMCforever60 

• <no title>

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

Had a economics teacher in high school who was the ladys Democratic chairman for the county. She was expounding on the virtues of of Jimmuh Cartah....to which I responded anyone who voted for him made the biggest mistake in their life. You could have heard a pin drop in class. Some student turned around and told me you cant say that in this class. To which I responded, it is a free country and i have a right to my opinion. And the teacher responded, "Well, this is my class and you follow my rules."
My followup response got me kicked out of class....All I said was this school is funded by property taxes and I do own farm land in this county, so in a sense, you work for me." She stomped over to my desk and said I need to leave her class room....and all I said was "It is not your classroom, it is the tax payers classroom, did you not hear what I just said?" I got sent to the Principals office for being rude and talking back to a teacher. 2 week detention and lecture from my coaches.

This post has been edited by USMCforever60: 11 February 2019 - 10:16 PM

#13 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:43 AM

The nicest people you can meet are Persian.

#14 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:50 AM

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:54 AM

View Postscotsman, on 12 February 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

Rats. I click it and it says: "Video unavailable. The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Can you sum it up in your own words?

:shrug:

#16 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:06 PM

View Posterp, on 11 February 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

:exactly:

Indeed, it was.

#17 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:25 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 February 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

Rats. I click it and it says: "Video unavailable. The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

'When somebody say: We're from Persia. No, we're not Iranian. We're from Persia. As if that makes a big difference. And people say: Oh, you're from Persia. Oh, you mean next to Assyria, Mesopotamia and Thrace.

(LAUGHTER)

DJALILI: What a noble race. I mean, we speak like a Persian cat. Yes, a sweet Persian cat, yes. There's no Iranian cat. No Iranian cat? There's a bomb under the body warmer.'

This post has been edited by scotsman: 12 February 2019 - 10:25 PM

#18 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

View Postscotsman, on 12 February 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

'When somebody say: We're from Persia. No, we're not Iranian. We're from Persia. As if that makes a big difference. And people say: Oh, you're from Persia. Oh, you mean next to Assyria, Mesopotamia and Thrace.

(LAUGHTER)

DJALILI: What a noble race. I mean, we speak like a Persian cat. Yes, a sweet Persian cat, yes. There's no Iranian cat. No Iranian cat? There's a bomb under the body warmer.'

Dang, now really wish I could've heard it. I love stand-up comedy.

:lol:

#19 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:58 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 12 February 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

Take your computer, go outside, walk 20 feet, and you will be part of the commonwealth. Then you can watch the video.

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:53 PM

View PostHieronymous, on 13 February 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

Take your computer, go outside, walk 20 feet, and you will be part of the commonwealth. Then you can watch the video.

LOL. I'll need a really long extension chord.

;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users